• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in the games which made you go... "eh?"

Years
  • About the Dugtrio on water argument, you notice that if you use an electric attack on water against a water type for example, why aren't you electrocuted? Because you are on the water and I don't know if the Pokemon using such an attack can insulate you.

Zap. Heh.

skie

Banned
    Years
  • I have a thing with the 'Electricity strong against water' thing.... wouldn't Electric attacks backfire? and the fact that steel isn't weak against water... rust people RUST!!

Years
  • The weather problem. It's the perfect weather all the time. Granted, in R/S, they corrected this with the rain but what about wind? Too much sun? Heat stroke? Just feels so styrofoam.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    skie said:
    I have a thing with the 'Electricity strong against water' thing.... wouldn't Electric attacks backfire? and the fact that steel isn't weak against water... rust people RUST!!

Water conducts electricity, which gives the electricity a bigger shocking effect, hence the super effectiveness. Water > Steel would make sense, but steel would be a sucky type then, and we couldn't afford that =/.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • In Colosseum, nobody minds when you randomly catch their Pok?mon. They have no idea there's anything special about it, but you steal it, and they'll still just stand there and battle you the next time you arrive.

I also always found it highly amusing when you can walk around stealing things from people and nobody minds.

Oh, and the Safari Warden has a huge boulder inside his house. o_O

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
  • The only person who ever hated it when I snagged their pokemon was when I snagged Greevil's XD001 with a master ball.Plus some guy in Gateon Port had a Ledyba that I caught (or it could have ran away in your games)he hated that I snagged it and he got it as a gift.By who?A Cipher Peon?

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Dark Weezing said:
    The weather problem. It's the perfect weather all the time. Granted, in R/S, they corrected this with the rain but what about wind? Too much sun? Heat stroke? Just feels so styrofoam.

Yeah, and notice how in places like route 119 it's ALWAYS raining. wouldn't the place flood eventually or something?

Dark Weezing said:
    You ever notice that everyone talks to you in the game? What can't there be a few that just go off and ignore you? Like most people?

Incidentally, beyond the Rockets and the rivals, there isn't anyone that's just plain nasty to you? Because some people are just...jerks. We've all had that. So does everyone have to be in world peace? And if a game can have it...why can't we? Headdesk.

I know! In our world, little kids wouldn't be able to go around associating with random adult strangers. Heck, some sickos would probably pretend to be Pokemon trainers so they could molest kids. Kind of makes me wonder what the government/law enforcement in the Pokemon world is like... *hey, good topic idea.*

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
  • - R/B/Y: When u catch Missingno. and u teach it Fly, then it evolves into Kangaskhan. WTF?!?! A Kangaskhan that knows Fly, Water Gun (twice, realllllllly weird) and Sky Attack. I woz told it evolves into Rhydon.- G/S/C: It won't accept my level 142 Pidgeot from Blue because its "abnormal". Thats a tad harsh, aint it? And also, how in the world does a little fire-type Magby learn Psychic attack? I'm not sayin its a bad thing, but... I mean... WHY???- R/S/E/FR/LG: I find the sounds that the Pokemon make when they faint rather disturbing.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
  • Sabrina's female Mr. Mime. Does the female part counteract with the male part and make....
    "Hermaphrodite Mime"?

Also, how you can name your rival a rude word, and Oak will go,
    "Aah yes, his name is 'Insert rude word here'."
    Are these people pervertted?

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    i think its weird when you surf then you fly, he leaves his surfing pokemon behind lol. Also when you dive, then when you want to return to surface you get your pokemon out (isn't he ment to already be out)...then you dive to go up?

also this has been onm y mind since the first game...how come your mum dosent have a bedroom. In RSE they've bought a house with 1 bedroom, whats up with that.

Last edited:

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
  • Random Plushie said:
    -When I put a Mightyena and Walrein in the Day Care Center, and I got an egg. o.O For some reason it just seemed messed up. XD

Mightyena And Walrein Are In Same Egg Group, But That Is Pretty Odd ^^

- In Firered/Leafgreen, You Must Get Ruby And Sapphire To Make The PC Thing Work, And I Was Like, What The...

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
  • Dark Weezing said:
    You ever notice that everyone talks to you in the game? What can't there be a few that just go off and ignore you? Like most people?
    Anyone remember Red from GSC?He never said anything.You talk to him he says nothing and battles you.You beat him he says nothing and dissappears.Of course he was the main charecter in RBY.And if the main charecter said something that would be wierd.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Shadow of heroes said:
    Anyone remember Red from GSC?He never said anything.You talk to him he says nothing and battles you.You beat him he says nothing and dissappears.Of course he was the main charecter in RBY.And if the main charecter said something that would be wierd.
    According to Wikipedia, Red is one of the few silent protagonists in games (along with Gordon Freeman and Matthew Kane).

And yeah, it'll be strange if he talked. I hope GameFreak will keep the tradition of the silent hero in D/P.

Years
  • How does a Butterfree or Pidgey fly someone as big and heavy as your character to a city/town?

How come Wailmer can hover in the air in Poke'mon Colosseum?

If Gyrados is also a flying type, why doesn't it have wings?

Why do you find Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos in Kanto, but in the Poke'mon Movie 2000, they're found at the Orange Islands in Johto?

"Your Kingler leveled up to 100!" (Kingler= was level 127) Pfft. That was a big disappointment.

"MissingNo. leveled up to 0!" (MissingNo.= was level 255)

Another "WTF" moment was probably when I withdrew my Rhydon from the PC in Blue version, and it was level 0 and knew Sky attack. It literally had no HP and could be taken out with a single hit by even a level 2-3 Poke'mon. It stats were all 0.

Why do some Poke'mon over level 100 level back to 100? It's supposed to be "Leveling up".

Last edited:
    Back