• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Nice city-banner thingy, Alistair! I would love to see it completed, and colored, I guess. I like how you showcase very small things that have nothing to do with Pokémon. It's always something interesting. I hope to see the finished product. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Your tiles are great. Although there are some things that bug me.
    4 of the grass tiles look too dull and monotone for my tastes.
    The blue roof on the triangle house looks a little too bright.
    The leaves on the trees in Routa A look like bubbles put together.
    The trees on BriarKnoll Forest look too bright compared to the other tiles.
    Middlefield and ThornField City are great.
    The DP Crane is awesome! I love it. Keep up the good work!
    You made me interested in spriting :>

Years
    Well, since I have been thinking about sprite theft lately, and the fact that I am going to be spriting outlines for Pokémon fangames and hacks, I made this website. Now, I am not showcasing it or anything, but it contains the Creative Commons license that applies to all of my work. If you are using anything of mine, you have already agreed to the license.

Click here to read the license.

Onto spriting news, I have been working on the Wicked City thing a bit more, but I am not at my computer at the moment. When I get home, I will post the new version of it.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    That's an excellent idea. The part about including the licence. Maybe edit it into the top of the first post for the convince of most members that look at only the first post then leave a comment?

Years
    Well, since it is the weekend, I am spriting for Pokémon Acanthite. Because people like to steal these sprites (because they are Kyledove style, presumably), I am watermarking them and JPEGing them. I am sorry, but I must do this if I don't want people stealing them anymore. These are the ones I did last weekend.

More Tiles from Me

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Wow! These knew tiles look like some of your best ever! It makes it a little hard to tell though because they are in jpg... You are really improving on the lillypads.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I really like the tree sprites, but some of the houses need a bit of work. The maps seemed to flow really well. Good job and keep up the awesome tiling!

Years
    Well, it looks like CheeseBoy isn't going to actually critique my work. Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys.

As I am going to satart doing, I am showcasing my Acanthite work a week after I make it. So, shere is what I did last week. I made a bridge.

More Tiles from Me

As you can see, I have a small demo of the bridges in action in my signature.

Since it appears Waudby has shown absolutely no interest in using it, this tree is available to use.

More Tiles from Me

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Nice tiles, Alistair! Indeed, the tiles you made for Pokémon Acanthite are among the best. I believe that you should saturate them just a small bit, because, from what I see from Kyledove's new saturated style, it looks much better, and it expresses the detail and what they are being used for. I would love to see those trees more vibrant and colorful.

The small trees you originally made for Waudby's Pokémon Odyssey area great as well! I just don't like the area with the stump on it, the shape is strange. Maybe making them a bit larger would look more interesting, and saturating them a bit as well.

Good luck with making more tiles, Alistair! You're improving. ^^

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    The tiles are awesome as always Alistar but why do you post the jpged work in the first place?
    I understand these tiles are exclusive for Pokemon Acanthite and you would like to receive critique on them, but by posting it, aren't you going against your own licence you were talking about in earlier posts? If it is on the net, isn't it free to use when credit is given?

Years
    Neo-Dragon, I am going to refer to my website:

5. I do reserve the right to deny any person permission to use my work.
    6. I reserve the right to grant any single person special permissions to use my work.**

**Special permissions include exclusive usage, exclusive display of tiles,etc.

I am not going against my own license at all. If you have been to the Creative Commons website, you would know that you can make addendums to your license.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Esmas, the reason why they are still desaturated is because the ones used in Acanthite are still desaturated. If Fang decides to saturate the palettes a bit, he would probably tell me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2009
    I hava a question

One question, can be ordered tiles? I mean if a store is, well, greetings​

Atomic Reactor

If so, then no, you can't request anything.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    The new trees look great!

@3wer3wer
    no, You can not request tiles.

Years
    Thanks for the comments.

I haven't been really doing much lately, as life has interfered. I have been concentrating more on school, and one of the bands I am in is practicing for our school's talent show. Anyway, I did do one thing yesterday. Here is a map. It has Route 41, silverwind town, and Heisenburg all on one image.

More Tiles from Me

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Looks really good!! I like how it has three different trees. I see 1 tile error on the tree where half of it has a hole and the half doesn't. It is where silverwing and 41 meet. I love how the new cut tree was done!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back