• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying Pokemon to find/catch?

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • What Pokemon just seems to be impossible for you to get your hands on?

I've never really had a problem with finding them until now. I can't continue this challenge I'm doING until I catch this Skitty...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Feebas has always been a huge pain in the ass to catch.

Fortunately for me, I got one offa Wonder Trade the other day, and have a Milotic on my Black2.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • The 3 Legendary Dogs for Soulsilver/HeartGold. Omg sooo annoying. You have to wait for them to appear because if you go to the route they are on, they will switch to another one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One Pokémon that instantly comes to mind is Feebas. Spent months searching for it in my first playthrough of Emerald, but I still couldn't find it. I even gave up trying to complete my PokéDex just because of it. Another would be Gible. In Platinum, it took me almost three days to finally find one.

Years
  • Freaking Feebas, man. I thought I would never find it. ;-;
    Any others that come to mind are legendaries that flee that you have to chase down.

Years
  • For me it was a male Litleo. God those things are darn near impossible to get in the wild. Luckily a friend of mine traded me one.

I see what you mean, it has a gender ratio that heavily leans towards female and I recall every single Litleo I was running into was a girl as well. But thankfully I love female Pyroar better than its male counterpart.

Also, Feebas. The only time I even caught one was in 5th Gen because the methods for encountering it in 3rd and 4th Gen is like so hard there's a good chance you may never find one.

And one that I think is almost close to being impossible to find, Cryogonal. It's like, only 1% encounter in all the games it's been found in (yeah even in X/Y I only managed to run into one in Frost Cavern and haven't seen another one since). In fact, I totally despise Pokemon with 1% encounter rates in general.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Metang. Gamefreak really needs to fix Metang's line catch rate, finding one in the wild is pretty easy, but it's catching it that is the struggle. I mean, I know your a psuedo-legendary line, but you don't need a catch rate of 3. >.>

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Metang. Gamefreak really needs to fix Metang's line catch rate, finding one in the wild is pretty easy, but it's catching it that is the struggle. I mean, I know your a psuedo-legendary line, but you don't need a catch rate of 3. >.>

Agree with that. Also Skarmory from White 2 and Cryogonal from White (I mean, Cryogonal is only 5% common in winter and has a 25 catch rate)

Years
  • I remember back in the day when I played my Sapphire game. I was trying to complete the Pokédex and I had just discovered Feebas, and where I could find one. So I tried fishing for it.
    Carvanha, Carvanha, Carvanha. Everything was Carvanha.
    For days Carvanha was the only thing that existed in the world. However, when I had my friend over and we were going to sleep in a tent outside my house playing Sapphire and Ruby respectively, all of a sudden, he found Feebas. I can't recall what happened after, but I am fairly sure I got one through breeding, and everything was good.

I also recall Chansey from the Safari Zone in my Blue game. She was an extreme pain to catch, but when you managed to do it, you felt very succesful.
    Right now its my legendary bird, Moltres, who's being an annoyance. Encountering him 10-ish times is going to be a real pain.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
    Years
  • I remember when Sapphire was still new, I had actually managed to find Feebas within the first ten water tiles I checked (only took like 20 minutes of searching. xD). I caught a whole bunch of them and gave them to my friends. I still have a bunch leftover on my Pokemon Pearl game. Then Pokemon White came out and made them ridiculously easy to find... I was kind of bummed about that. :P

Right now, any roaming Pokemon really is hard for me to catch. Probably because I'm too lazy to actually go looking for them. Especially now with Pokemon Y where you have to encounter the bird trio a certain amount of times before they actually appear.

Is Moltres cool? Yeah, but not cool enough to waste that much time searching for it. xD

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I have conquered roaming legendaries, found the mighty feebas, stared mewtwo in the face without any fear!

Yet...I met my end at the hand of a wild chatot in pokemon Y...

Sing + chatter with confusion = soul crushing defeat. X_X

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Until I got X, Zangoose was pretty annoying to obtain. Didn't have Ruby, didn't exist in Gen IV, I think it existed in Gen V, but I didn't know where, and the only place in Kalos was in hordes. The one horde out of like 20 that I managed to find a Zangoose, I couldn't kill the Seviper off before they killed the lone Zangoose. D:

Years
  • I'd have to agree with a lot of people here saying Feebas. I've spent a whole day trying to find one for my dex in Emerald before finally finding that god damned tile. Once I found one, I caught couple boxes full of them just in case I forgot them again.

Years
  • Female Combee, given that Combee in general are male 87.5% of the time (essentially the same gender ratio as stuff like starters, fossils and Eevee line) you can tell they are just a pain to encounter, even if later generations made them easier to find by having them showing up normally in the grass it can still take a while to get that elusive female.

Also, certain hordes in X/Y. Notable mention is the Taillow horde on Route 8, it took forever for one to show up.

Back