• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Status Problem?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • Hatred of Status Problems

Roughly, in order:

Sleep: OMG, how I hate this status! Your Pokemon just looks like a lazy bum and a idiotic sitting duck, not even waking up if you call to it. The worst part is when your Pokemon faints while it's still taking a snooze. :cer_pissed: Then after battle it wants you to continue routine by feeding and protecting it just as before. For me, Kyogre seems to be the main culprit of oversleeping. I wish Trainers could use Wake-Up Slap... As much as I love the Legendary Sea Basin Pokemon of Sapphire Version, he freaking sleeps too much like some fat beached whale! Argh!

Most Annoying Status Problem?

Confusion: To quote someone who nicely explained in a concise manner exactly why Confusion draws much hatred from Trainers:

Confusion. DEEEERP Where's the enemy?? I am so confused, I don't know anymore! MAYBE I'M THE ENEMY??

Tends to happen when your Pokemon is very low on HP as well.

Infatuation: I lavish you with Berries, Potions, Vitamins, tender loving care, and the like, as well as protecting you and healing you and feeding you well, and all of a sudden you just fall for some random JIGGLYPUFF that hasn't even provided for you and that you'll never even see again?! And the Verdanturf lady says you adore me - yeah, right! T_T Even worse with the Pokemon who require happiness for evolution. And just like Paralysis, it requires external assistance (items or Pokemon switching) to be remedied, as it does not enter remisision naturally.

Paralysis: [Pokemon] is paralyzed! It can't move!
    [Pokemon] is paralyzed! It can't move!
    [Pokemon] is paralyzed! It can't move!
    Technically, such a scenario could repeat ad nauseum.

Poison
    : This status's graphics scrambling in the overworld freaked me out in Sapphire; at first I thought my game was broken or had been glitched up! I hate that the overworld poison drain was removed in BW... Anyway, Toxic is the more annoying variant, but Leftovers commonly helps to counteract it. Hate it when it is resultant of a physical contact move, though.

Frozen: This doesn't annoy me as much; it's not really my Pokemon's fault and external sources are primarily responsible for it. Plus, my Pokemon usually thaw out quickly. I freaking hate it when the opponent thaws out on the same turn it was frozen, though. :cer_pissed:

Last edited:

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Confusion by far. I swear the programmers raise the rate of Pokemon attacking themselves over 50% at critical times just to screw with us. <_<

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • Poison. I haven't played B/W yet, but god it's always annoyed me.

I never remember to bring Antidotes, so I always wind up either hoping I make it to a Pokemon Center or using a Full Restore depending on the situation.

Although for competitive play, I guess Paralysis. I've never had a problem with being Frozen for more than a few turns before (yay!) but I always get Paralyzed. It seems to be the status I get hit with the most often, and it annoys me to no end. I mean, I've never actually lost because of Paralysis, but it sure makes battles take longer and is REALLY annoying.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Confusion and paralysis. I dislike them both equally. It always seems to be my luck when I'm inflicted with either status, that my Pokémon will hurt themselves due to confusion or won't move due to paralysis that turn. And, in the case of confusion, it seems to be my luck that my Pokémon will be inflicted the full five turns. And oh god, when my Pokémon's both confused and paralyzed? I'm so dead.

edit //
    I FORGOT INFATUATION. That's the worst because it's like confusion, except it stays for the rest of the battle. So frustrating.

Years
  • the most annoying status problem for me is Fainted (when Pokemon faint).....I'm kidding, fainting isn't a status problem, but the most annoying is poison, (especially when they use toxic, because toxic worsens after each turn).

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Poison -_- I find it the most annoying by far. I want to throw my ds whenever one of my pokemon get poisoned :x

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • It's hard for me to narrow it down, so it's between poison and sleep.

Sleep: After all my hard work attacking the Pokemon, it suddenly decides to use some sleep related attack sending me to a state where I cannot do anything. It's even more cruel when you don't have a blue flute or awakenings to bring you back, or when your entire team is asleep.

Poison: It's a cruel thing, especially when its decreasing your power especially when after you attack, it chucks down your HP down even more, next to the attack the "enemy" Pokemon uses.

Absola

~ Let me fly away
    Years
  • Confusion by far. I swear the programmers raise the rate of Pokemon attacking themselves over 50% at critical times just to screw with us. <_<

Yeah confusion is so annoying! I really don't like poison and paralysis either, but I usually keep antidotes and paralyze heals with me so..

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • Confusion, Sleep Powder, Paralyze. I hate these! It really wanna make me explode especially at times when I'm about to lose. XD

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Paralyze Combined with either Attraction or Confusion.
    Parattraction makes you only attack like, 25% of the time
    Parafusion makes you only attack 50% of the time still (I think) but 50% of the time you don't attack you'll be hurting yourself.

Someone please correct me if I got this wrong.

Voul

S u p p o r t i n g [M e]
    Years
  • Whenever you battle a trainer, or any Pokemon for that matter, you could be at risk for obtaining a Status Problem. These include becoming Poisoned, Paralyzed, Frozen, Confused, Burned, or put to Sleep.

My question to you is which one of these Status Problems do you find the most annoying?

I find Confusion the most annoying, because my Pokemon always hit themselves when I need them most >.>

Being caught up in a toxic poison while trying to do an attack under confusion.

Although, being Paralyzed and being asleep do have it's ups and downs though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Sleep. I hate wasting items so I usually just sit there yelling at the thing to wake up!! >:(
    At least with the others you have a chance of making a hit!

Gilgαmesh

I would say that I hate being poisoned....

...well actually, I still do. Paralysis bothers me above everything else though. With Poison, it's not that big of a deal, but with paralysis, it could possibly ruin your plans and whatnot, considering that you'd have to take a risk on making a move, and that move might not even work because there's a chance that your pokemon might be paralyzed, thus ruining everything. :(

Frozen can be quite annoying too, but it doesn't happen to me, if rarely.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • I've always despised being poisoned over any other status affliction, mostly because it continues to affect your pokemon after the battle. But in the HG/SS games, I wasn't as bothered by it because it would be "cured" when your pokemon reached 1 hp, instead of it feinting :D

Other than that.. burned and frozen. <---- HATE.

Years
  • Probably Paralysis. Can quickly change how you battle, and it's kind of frustrating with Tyranitar, which loses it's electric/paralysis immunity in exchange for Psychic.

Back