• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Horrible / Best Pokemon Walking/Battle Sprite?

Years
    Wailord is way too freakin' small. I can only hope that one day I'll be able to travel through the world of Pokemon with my trusty full-sized Wailord, crushing all buildings, trees, and people in my path. That is true happiness.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Chikorita's is really disgusting :s I absolutely despised it, especially since I'm doing an unevolved challenge so I was stuck looking at its ugly face for a while. Luckily I exchange Chikorita with Exeggcute near the end of the Johto half of the game.

Years
    CYNDAQUIL!!
    It's so darn cute... I miss having an adorable Cyndaquil walking behind me... Heh, but at least now I have a badass Typhlosion following me around.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I really didn't like Chikorita's. Cyndaquil and Totodile's seemed so much better.

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
    Haha I just caught a bunch of new pokemon, grimer is awesome!
    His face is so "oAo", he's great. And Sableye is pretty cool aswell.
    But ninetails..kinda sucks. That one could have been a lot better. D:!

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Alakazams is funny, he looks like a pointy retard

Hydra

Poke'mon Master C:
    Years
    I like my Miltank following me. But I think Krabby looks cool when it moves.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
    I don't like Lugia's and mewtwo's they just seem odd to me. I like Ho-oh's though its so majestic. Haunters is my favorite though because it looks like its chasing you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    Typhlosion, Weezing and Poliwag, I really like. Krabby, not so much. The wonky eyes and awkward shuffle were enough to turn me off walking with it the first go-round.

Also, I found Chikorita's sprite to be very... Stumpy. Still, it was kind of cute.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    The Good:

Porygon2. They did a great job with it's sprite, and it looks so darn cute!

Suicune
    looks brilliant.

Ho-oh is magnificent, and though it's head is a bit small when compared to the proportions of some other Pokemon, that's more of the other poke's problem.

Pikachu looks nice compared to the weird DPP sprite...

The Somewhat Awkward:

Gallade resembles an actual pokémon trainer rather then a pokémon. I could just imagine him replacing Gold...

A similar case with Gardevoir, along with the fact that it looks like that she seems awfully thin, as if a single punch could smash her...

Mr. Mime...Urg, lets not even go there.

Machamp was never able to pull off the Chibi-thing well, as shown in PokéRanch. This only strengthens the statement.

Krabby never faces the direction you want it too...

Run, don't walk, from Chikorita...

Porygon-Z's head is bigger then it's whole body put together.

Pygmy Tyranitar anyone?

Last edited:

MASTERBOSSgodora

The Songbird of My Generation
    Years
    The weirdest I would say is my Venusaur. It looks fatter than Snorlax. My favorite is my Espeon. It looks magnificent. Also, from the side Donphan looks really cool, but from the front it looks like it has giant white cheeks.

Last edited:
    Back