• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Horrible / Best Pokemon Walking/Battle Sprite?

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Years
  • I think the worst is Feraligatr's he walks like a robot and has no emotion in him ....

Whereas my favourite one is probably Red Gyarados.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
  • Tauros is epic looking ;] It's 3 tails look pretty ba, it whips them around as it trots behind you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I think Chikorita looks utterly disgusting. It is some shapeless green blob with a leaf on his head. When you see a picture of it or in battle I think it looks awesome, but following you is terrible.

I think Dragonair looks really cool following mw around though.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Eevee, Abra and most flying types are my favorites. My least favorite is Sudowoodo.

Psychic Nick

Ready to bend to my will?...
    Years
  • I was hopeing to see Magikarp floping around. I was very sad to see it looks like youve tied a fishing line to your belt and just drag it along behind you. -sighs- What a waste of a pokeball.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • I really love to see lugia flying behind me. But I don't like drapion's walking sprite, it looks ugly and small.=(

Besides this, Crobat is by far the best imo. It's big enough to look powerful and is pretty detailed. For a little while I thought Ditto looked pretty awesome, but got bored of it quickly.

Least favorite? For some reason I don't like Typhlosion, something about it just doesn't convey the pokemon's awesomeness.

Years
  • I really liked Typhlosion's, Palkia's, Arceus', Raikou's and Suicune's overworld sprites.

However, I really, really disliked the overworld sprites of Dialga (I'd take the one from mystery dungeon any day), Gyarados (it's so freakin small) and Rayquaza (waaay too enormous.)

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I really like Eevee's walking sprite! So cute! XD Dratini's is pretty cute, too! I gotta say, I think that Chikorita's walking sprite looks messed up! Don't get me wrong, I love Chikorita (*has a funny thought about that boy in HG/SS commercial*), but its walking sprite makes it look... funky... It looks too short and stubby... XD

Ayselipera

I think Ninetales looks disgusting from a side view. I was very disappointed in it.

At the moment the best one I can think of is Steelix. I just enjoy big Pokemon following me. :3

Years
  • Charizard and Dragonite have awesome sprites,also Abra and Pikachu,my least favorite is probably Tyranitar mainly because they make it smaller than the player

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • Hitmontop does not spin on his head while traveling, he walks, WTH. (least favorite)

Maco

learning the ropes...
    Years
  • Electivire's is pretty ugly. Same with porygon-z, and gyarados.
    All the pokemon in my team have horrible overworld sprites :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    best has to be arcanine

worst is.....sceptile, i love him, i have one in my party, but gamefreak made him look retarded xD

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Mew's walking sprite is seriously awesome! Not to mention the other legendaries.... Rayquaza and Palkia's walking sprites are MASSIVE!

But Spiritombs walking sprite looks retarded to me.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • Tangrowth = cute

rhyperior = mangled and deformed

Most Horrible / Best Pokemon Walking/Battle Sprite?

Back