• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Move Resource Thread

Years
The animation of Last Resort for Emerald that created by Wesley FG, I had just compiled it into hex code.

Last_Resort.gif

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
how do i add the scripted animation in the game? (pokemon emerald).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I've just done one for Dazzling Gleam, it may not be the best but I thought it was better than what I had before.

Spoiler:

02 24 7B 3E 08 02 05 01 00 02 00 00 00 08 00 7D 6E 05 1C 71 00 C0 1C 02 03 ED 86 0B 08 05 03 01 00 01 00 7D 6E 05 19 B9 00 C0 03 61 B6 0B 08 02 00 05 08

Hope this helps anyone :)

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 24, 2021
PLay Rough
Spoiler:

(Charm>Sacrifice)

Years
  • Age 24
  • he/him
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Dark Pulse *fixed*

Spoiler:

14 00 16 03 2D B8 0B 08 05 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 2D 27 00 C0 27 00 DB 27 00 C0 27 0A 03 03 C9 A7 0A 08 02 01 00 00 02 XX2 YY2 ZZ2 08 03 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00 08 00 19 EA 00 C0 02 XX YY ZZ 08 02 04 00 00 1D 00 F4 FF 00 00 02 XX YY ZZ 08 02 04 00 00 F4 FF E3 FF 01 00 04 10 03 C9 A7 0A 08 02 01 00 00 02 XX2 YY2 ZZ2 08 03 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00 08 00 19 EA 00 C0 02 XX YY ZZ 08 02 04 00 00 0C 00 E3 FF 01 00 02 XX YY ZZ 08 02 04 00 00 E3 FF F4 FF 00 00 04 10 03 C9 A7 0A 08 02 01 00 00 02 XX2 YY2 ZZ2 08 03 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00 08 00 19 EA 00 C0 02 XX YY ZZ 08 02 04 00 00 18 00 E8 FF 01 00 02 XX YY ZZ 08 02 04 00 00 E8 FF E8 FF 00 00 05 0B 03 0E C7 59 1D 08 08

At offset ZZ YY XX

2D 27 C0 27 D8 C9 3A 08 F0 1C 23 08 00 00 00 00 FC 1C 23 08 39 A8 0A 08

at offset ZZ2 YY2 XX2

DB 27 C0 27 C0 CB 3A 08 F0 1C 23 08 00 00 00 00 88 40 3E 08 E9 8E 0A 08

This is a really old post for a Dark Pulse animation by MrDollSteak that I can't seem to get to work. It's the one linked under Gen 4-6 animations in the OP. It changes to a dark background when used, but then my game crashes. Can anyone help me on this?

Years
1)sorry for my bad english i'm using google translator.

2)I did an effect to powder here:

battle script:
Spoiler:

asm AA AA AA+1:
Spoiler:

string BB BB BB: FD 10 00 DD E7 00 D7 E3 EA D9 E6 D9 D8 00 DD E2 00 E4 E3 EB D8 D9 E6 AB FF 00

that says [<pokemon> is covered in powder]

replace the 00 "attackcanceler" command with the pointer of this routine +1:
Spoiler:

script at CC CC CC:
Spoiler:

asm DD DD DD+1:
Spoiler:

string EE EE EE: EB DC D9 E2 00 E8 DC D9 00 DA E0 D5 E1 D9 00 E8 E3 E9 D7 DC D9 D8 00 E8 DC D9 00 E4 E3 EB D8 D9 E6 FE E3 E2 00 E8 DC D9 00 E4 E3 DF D9 E1 E3 E2 00 DD E8 00 D9 EC E4 E0 E3 D8 D9 D8 AB FF 00

that says [when the flame touched the powder on the pokemon it exploded]

now a small explanation: the first routine reserves a byte in protectstruct to be the effect of powder,your new entry will be the byte 10.

the second routine adds a new check the attackcanceler command and verify that powder is "set"in the user of the attack.

You should also note that I added specific checks for attacks that alter its type and may become fire type(you may have wondered:because you don't simply carry the value of the new type of ram memory).well I did it,actually it was the first thing I did,but for some reason the routine was recognizing the scam as its type that shows in the data (most often normal type).that was the only way that I found.

you may also have noticed that I didn't add a check to hidden power(because I was too lazy to calculate the type, the routine will recognize the hidden power as normal type idependently on its true type:>sorry).if someone wants to edit the routine and add this,can do.

also remember routines of changing types of scams comes before the attackcanceler command.

credits: chacha dinosaur by hi jump kick damage routine that I edited a little.

taking advantage of the vibe of the blows that alter its type I did routines for aura wheel, techno blast and revelation dance(I didn't test these routines so i may have let something important pass):

aura wheel:
Spoiler:

techno blast:
Spoiler:

revelation dance:
Spoiler:

credits: kleenexfeu by the judgment routine

EDIT: I edited a little the first two routines of powder and updated the post, and also have a routine for Heart Swap:
Spoiler:

it's a bit big but it works I tested with ancientpower and it worked, but I haven't tested with any moves that increases or decreases accuracy and evasion.

credits: Spherical Ice by the power and guard swap routine

EDIT2: forgot to say are all for [FR]

Last edited:
Years
hello, I did a heal pulse and pollen puff script. for[FR]

heall pulse
Spoiler:

pollen puff
Spoiler:

in BB BB BB should point to 5 bytes before the heal pulse script.
To make heal pulse never miss you need to make moves with zero precision never miss.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Here are some more animations for Emerald:
Giga Impact:
Spoiler:

Rock Climb:
Spoiler:

Flame Charge:
Spoiler:

Fire Fang:
Spoiler:

Close Combat:
Spoiler:

Focus Blast:
Spoiler:

Aqua Jet:
Spoiler:

Aqua Tail:
Spoiler:

Air Slash (I know I didn't use the Slash animation, that's because it looks extremely ugly in Gen 3, and because Cut resembles the DS Air Slash better):
Spoiler:

Hurricane:
Spoiler:

Energy Ball:
Spoiler:

Petal Storm:
Spoiler:

Leaf Storm:
Spoiler:

Acid Spray:
Spoiler:

Gunk Shot:
Spoiler:

And, can I suggest some improvements to the organisation of this thread? Firstly, divide the animations up into Ruby, Emerald and FireRed animations, as Ruby and Sapphire animations might not be cross compatible due to pointer issues and Sapphire is rarely hacked anyways. Secondly, choose the animations based on how closely they resemble their 5th/6th gen counterparts instead of allowing multiple versions of the same animation to proliferate. Thirdly, with the permission of the hackers, put the animation bytes themselves into the first post rather than linking to the post containing the bytes. Lastly, set aside a section aside for particle replacements and attacks that require new particles. Divide this section up into two portions, one where for replacements for existing particles (easily done using UnLZ), and one for moves that require new particles altogether (more difficult, requires hex knowledge as well as repointing/expansion of the particle table).

Thank you so much for your animations, but I have a question: what is offset XX YY ZZ?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
This is a really old post for a Dark Pulse animation by MrDollSteak that I can't seem to get to work. It's the one linked under Gen 4-6 animations in the OP. It changes to a dark background when used, but then my game crashes. Can anyone help me on this?

I realize this is a super late reply, but I was having the same issue until I realized what I (and probably you) was doing wrong.
Notice that you need to replace your offsets "backwards". When you set your first offset as XXYYZZ, in the main code, you must replace it as ZZ YY XX. I kept making the same mistake and after doing that, the animation now works perfectly and looks very good :)

You can use something like XSE's 'Find and replace' function to safely insert the offsets where they should be with no human error and you'll be good to go.

EDIT: In reply to the post above also, XX YY ZZ are offset values.

Years
  • Age 24
  • he/him
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
I realize this is a super late reply, but I was having the same issue until I realized what I (and probably you) was doing wrong.
Notice that you need to replace your offsets "backwards". When you set your first offset as XXYYZZ, in the main code, you must replace it as ZZ YY XX. I kept making the same mistake and after doing that, the animation now works perfectly and looks very good :)

You can use something like XSE's 'Find and replace' function to safely insert the offsets where they should be with no human error and you'll be good to go.

EDIT: In reply to the post above also, XX YY ZZ are offset values.

Sorry for the late response! I kinda hit a dead end with the animation stuff and took a break. My pointers and offsets are all fine. I triple double checked that. I initially believed that my issue could stem from the fact that I'm editing an already hacked ROM, but I did some testing with this animation and here's what I found:

First, I checked Dark Pulse's animation in MrDollSteak's 1.5a rombase, and it works fine. It looks like the Uproar with little Will-O-Wisp flames coming out and has the Faint Attack background. I checked the location of the animation code in the rombase. The only difference between his and mine (besides the pointers) is that he put the smaller parts of the code before the main chunk (in order) whereas I put mine after. He also stuck in a few bytes of free space between each part as a buffer, but that's more of a stylistic thing.

Then I tested the animation in a clean Fire Red ROM where I added Dark Pulse, and it crashed too! That means that my hacked ROM isn't the issue, or at least it's not likely to be. Just to be sure, I even positioned the code how MrDollSteak did, and it also crashed.

Because this animation consistently freezes after the background is set, the next segment(s) of the attack must be the issue. I think it's trying to call for a sprite, particle, or effect that comes from some table in the ROM that has either been moved or that isn't present at all. I know that some move animators would import or make custom sprites/particles for new moves like this, but I don't know how to find them or insert them if that's what I'm missing.

Basically, I have 3 options going forward:
1. I miraculously find a way to fix this animation or find someone who can help me fix it. This is ideal, but probably not gonna happen any time soon.
2. I start over from scratch using MrDollSteak's rombase. This is definitely not the route I want to take because his rombase includes a lot of things I don't want. For just wanting to add in a few moves from Gen 4, all the extra baggage is a hefty price to pay for working animations.
3. I make a new animation myself. I wouldn't be opposed to this because I have an idea of what can work. Going off of MrDollSteak, Water Pulse with the Faint Attack background and the Will-O-Wisp fire sprites sounds good. It's basic, but hey if I can get it to work, I don't care. Gen 3 animations aren't super glamorous anyways. The issue with this option is that I have zero experience with making animations, and the resource threads on here for doing that aren't easy for me to understand. I would need a helping hand with that.

So yeah that's where I'm at

IF ANYONE ELSE BROWSING THIS THREAD CAN HELP, PLEASE PM ME

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I made a few attack animations for moves that didn't have any listed for FireRed.

Draining Kiss - Sweet Kiss + Healing
Spoiler:

Play Rough - Thrash + Attract
Spoiler:

Dazzling Gleam - Tail Glow + Flash
Spoiler:

Boomburst - Hyper Beam + Hyper Voice
Spoiler:

Flare Blitz - Flame Wheel + dreamengine's Giga Impact
Spoiler:

Inferno - Fire Spin + Heat Wave
Spoiler:

Razor Shell - Clamp + Crabhammer
Spoiler:

Horn Leech - Horn Attack + Giga Drain
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Update

It is now 100% working, Psystrike/Psyshock and Secret Sword effect :

Spoiler:

I tried to adapt this routine but I didn't get it, could someone help me?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
I tried to adapt this routine but I didn't get it, could someone help me?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

maybe what is wrong are the "SP" records pulled, which are different for each version.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

and the script can you decreases for that.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
maybe what is wrong are the "SP" records pulled, which are different for each version.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

and the script can you decreases for that.

Spoiler:

It did not work it freezes when I attack

Years
It did not work it freezes when I attack

the routine that was jumping to the wrong place, now stopped freezing when it attacks.

Spoiler:

Back