• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves that you are fear of?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • Really any move that involves luck, the most prominent being Fire Blast, Blizzard, Hurricane and Thunder, especially if the opponent uses them, as not only they have imperfect accuracy but you also have to consider the probability for the secondary effect. It's difficult to count how many of these luck-based moves are out there. I like using these moves myself however, as I enjoy gambling.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Swagger and its Special Attack alternative (I forget what that's called). They seriously are the bane of any Pokemon trainer's existence.

its called Flatter , its so rare i think swagger is worst because it raises attack by 2 and flatter raises special attack by 1 and that raise wont count for confusion damage

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    On a different note, because yeah, 55% accuracy moves that seem to always hit are really annoying and paralysis and confusion suck and so on, but I've talked that subject to death already, and this thread title at least hints toward something else:

I think the fifth gen animation for Poison Tail looks like it hurts like hell. That's the first thing I thought of with this thread title. I almost cringe as soon as I see it coming, just because it genuinely looks painful.

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I hate a move that can instantly kill you if it hit, like HornDrill. I hate Mirrocoat and counter too.. :(

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I'm surprised no one mentioned stat increasing moves such as Quiver or Dragon Dance, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot and Calm Mind to name a few! These stat changes can make an already powerful foe into a very difficult opponent.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
    Years
  • Just remembered another really annoying move combination, a Linoone with Bely Drum, Substiute, Return and a Salac Berry. It destroys me a lot in Random Battles.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    For game-related purposes it varies...Confuse Ray always - Golbat's one of the hardest pokémon to run for, I always hope if it has Mean Look it can't confuse me too. And Cynthia's Garchomp is a shark (scary) and super-powerful, except for last time I fought it (Mesprit nerfed its attack with Charm) I just **** myself every time it uses Dragon Rush, Earthquake or Giga Impact as I know it's probably going to KO.

For non-game related purposes...anything that has anything to do with snakes, or bugs. Or being poisoned - vomiting etc. is the worst. Examples would include: Wrap, Spider Web.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Double Slap. That move is distortion. That move animation, in every generation ever, is so freaking slow. I could sit there all day watching the Audino's Double Slap go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and-

MAKE IT STOP!! IT DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE !!

And I also despise Mud Slap. I can never hit anything ever after being hit twice by this move. It's so annoying! "Dewott used Water Gun. Roggenrola avoided the attack." "Dewott used Razor Shell. Roggenrola avoided the attack." GAAAAH!!

And don't even get me started on Bide. That idiotic Meditite lives with 1 HP and faints my Pokemon automaticallly.

And then there's Detect, which I like to call Cowardly Move because only cowards use it.

Don't forget Attract, Sleep Powder, Poison Power, Stun Spore, Thunder Wave, Stomp, Take Down...

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
    Years
  • I despise anything that basically immobilizes my Pokemon, especially when they're moves like Hypnosis or Thunder Wave that can be repeated even if I heal my Pokemon. (Over and over and over...) I also really, really dislike Attract. But my most feared moves are Earthquake and Magnitude, because 7/10 times, it just ruins my whole team. > _>

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I hate the dual infliction strategy of Paralysis/Confusion. It always feels like if you don't hurt yourself in confusion, you're fully paralysed instead. I can't even begin to say how much that has gotten me seething while playing. So any confusion-causing or paralysing moves.

Then there's attract, which I dread in a battle Vs. Whitney and her all-female team...

Oh, and Synthesis/Recover/Rest/Ingrain, etc.....

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • OHKO moves like Fissure: NUUU! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? (Especially when doing a Nuzlocke).

Toxic, Stun Spore, Attract other annoying status moves: Uhhg I hate you so much.

Flare Blitz, etc: You know your opponent is serious when they're willing to cut their own HP in half o.O

Back