• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
Years
  • i need help with 2 pokes
    note: i mainly play UU

Escavalier @assault vest
    Adamant
    EVs??
    -iron head
    -megahorn
    -knock off
    -???

i mainly need help deciding what to put in for its 4th slot. ideally it would have drill run but getting a parent from b2w2 and breeding it is just too much trouble for me, so i'd like to find something in place of it. other options are swords dance/reversal/pursuit/??
    also for its EVs, i wasn't sure how much SpD investment would be best for it, since it has assault vest

Vileplume @black sludge
    Bold
    EVs??
    -sludge bomb
    -giga drain
    -aromatherapy
    -moonlight

for this, i just need help deciding on the EV spread. its meant to physically defensive for the most part, but idk if it should have some SpD investment to take an ice beam?

thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Escavalier, the following EVs would be recommended: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD. As far as its last move slot goes, you should probably choose Swords Dance. d: Pursuit wouldn't be so bad, but you already have Knock Off, which is another dark-type attack.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    i need help with 2 pokes

Escavalier @assault vest
    Adamant
    EVs??
    -iron head
    -megahorn
    -knock off
    -???

i mainly need help deciding what to put in for its 4th slot. ideally it would have drill run but getting a parent from b2w2 and breeding it is just too much trouble for me, so i'd like to find something in place of it. other options are swords dance/reversal/pursuit/??
    also for its EVs, i wasn't sure how much SpD investment would be best for it, since it has assault vest

Vileplume @black sludge
    Bold
    EVs??
    -sludge bomb
    -giga drain
    -aromatherapy
    -moonlight

for this, i just need help deciding on the EV spread. its meant to physically defensive for the most part, but idk if it should have some SpD investment to take an ice beam?

thanks!

For Vileplume, you could use an EV spread like this: 248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Sp.Defense. That gives you plenty of physical bulk, while allowing it to take a bit less from Ice Beams and such.

For Escavalier, Swords Dance is most likely the better option like Peitharchia said.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    i need help with 2 pokes

Escavalier @assault vest
    Adamant
    EVs??
    -iron head
    -megahorn
    -knock off
    -???

Swords Dance does not work with Assault Vest.

Anyway, Drill Run is still the superior option to deal with Fire types. Reversal is just too unreliable for such a slow Pokemon. Pursuit is the next best option: It allows you to deal damage to switching Celebis and Starmies.

As for the EVs, there is nothing a 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef cannot solve. We have gone through the UU threat list and there aren't any notable damage rolls.

Vileplume @black sludge
    Bold
    EVs??
    -sludge bomb
    -giga drain
    -aromatherapy
    -moonlight

thanks!
    You probably want to survive a stray Ice Beam from Water types. As far as the threat list is going you won't need a special spread to survive LO-Starmie, Mega-Blastoise and Sharpedo and you have no business to stay in Tentacruel and Empoleon. You probably want enough SDef in order to stall out Porygon2 and enough to survive Specs-Jellicent and LO-Gorebyss.

The optimal spread would be:

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef Calm nature

Yes, when you want to beat Porygon2 every time after SR that is the optimal spread. Even the 4 EVs in SDef are not arbitrary. If you are familiar with me, you probably know that I usually put the spare points into speed. Not this time, because that one point is needed.

If you don't want to breed yourself a new one, try this.

252 HP / 160 Def / 92 SDef Bold Nature

Note that this isn't an optimal spread. You loose one point in Def that that hurts us.

@No Chance Without Zekrom: She is playing on a cartridge, so the EV spread needs to be adjusted for level 50.

Last edited:

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • For Escavalier, the following EVs would be recommended: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD. As far as its last move slot goes, you should probably choose Swords Dance. d: Pursuit wouldn't be so bad, but you already have Knock Off, which is another dark-type attack.

okay yeah i'll go with 252 HP/252 Att/4 SpD

For Vileplume, you could use an EV spread like this: 248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Sp.Defense. That gives you plenty of physical bulk, while allowing it to take a bit less from Ice Beams and such.

For Escavalier, Swords Dance is most likely the better option like Peitharchia said.

Swords Dance does not work with Assault Vest.

Anyway, Drill Run is still the superior option to deal with Fire types. Reversal is just too unreliable for such a slow Pokemon. Pursuit is the next best option: It allows you to deal damage to switching Celebis and Starmies.

As for the EVs, there is nothing a 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef cannot solve. We have gone through the UU threat list and there aren't any notable damage rolls.

You probably want to survive a stray Ice Beam from Water types. As far as the threat list is going you won't need a special spread to survive LO-Starmie, Mega-Blastoise and Sharpedo and you have no business to stay in Tentacruel and Empoleon. You probably want enough SDef in order to stall out Porygon2 and enough to survive Specs-Jellicent and LO-Gorebyss.

The optimal spread would be:

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef Calm nature

Yes, when you want to beat Porygon2 every time after SR that is the optimal spread. Even the 4 EVs in SDef are not arbitrary. If you are familiar with me, you probably know that I usually put the spare points into speed. Not this time, because that one point is needed.

If you don't want to breed yourself a new one, try this.

252 HP / 160 Def / 92 SDef Bold Nature

Note that this isn't an optimal spread. You loose one point in Def that that hurts us.

@No Chance Without Zekrom: She is playing on a cartridge, so the EV spread needs to be adjusted for level 50.

i totally forgot they didn't work together as well haha. in that case i'll go with pursuit

hrm for vileplume i already have a bold one bred, so i'll just go with the second spread

thanks for the help!

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Is Leech Seed and Spikes on the same Chesnaught set worth considering? If so, how would it look like?
    How about a Leech Seed set without spikes, and how would this one look like?
    Finally, what's the best moveset that Chesnaught can use that has neither Leech Seed or Spikes? This last one is most important to me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is Leech Seed and Spikes on the same Chesnaught set worth considering? If so, how would it look like?
    How about a Leech Seed set without spikes, and how would this one look like?
    Finally, what's the best moveset that Chesnaught can use that has neither Leech Seed or Spikes? This last one is most important to me.

Chesnaught is usually seen with Leech Seed or Spikes:
    -Leech Seed
    -Spiky Shield
    -Hammer Arm
    -Synthesis
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Bulletproof

or
    -Spikes
    -Roar
    -Hammer Arm
    -Synthesis
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Bulletproof

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Psychic or Moonblast on Cresselia? Singles, btw.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hm... not really an expert at this, but I'd probably go with Moonblast, as it could take down all dark-types that get in its way. d:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Return BP on Battle Spot? Is it set or does it vary based on your in game actions?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    It varies based on your Pokemon's happiness in-game. So it's best to max out the Return user's happiness before using it.

Happiness decrease in Battle Box? So far it's hard finding a use for the Battle Box. I'm still testing which Pokémon actually keep form when put in the Battle Box.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Happiness decrease in Battle Box? So far it's hard finding a use for the Battle Box. I'm still testing which Pokémon actually keep form when put in the Battle Box.
    Don't worry, her happiness is safe just like the items.

The Battle Box itself is pretty convenient. Your competitive team is stored in your Battle Box while your Ingame team is in your actual party; or your party is a second Battle Box for other battles expect for online tornaments.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I went with a quiet t-tar. I think it needs to be more bulky. it is also mixed. So in a lv 50 how many evs should be invested per def and sp def stat in order to be most effective.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I went with a quiet t-tar. I think it needs to be more bulky. it is also mixed. So in a lv 50 how many evs should be invested per def and sp def stat in order to be most effective.

4 in each defensive stat:
    -Rock Slide
    -Dark Pulse
    -Fire Blast/Ice Beam
    -Protect
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/4 Def/244 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Life Orb/Chople Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back