• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Hello! I plan to use this rom base to create a hack but I have come across this issue...
Pi4356h.png

As you can see the main part I would like to point out is the types.... the words for each type are cut off and now some Pokemon like Bulbasaur are different types than what they are suppose to be. The only change to the ini that has been made was changing mrds to 0000 to avoid an issue that has been resolved above. If anyone could help I would be grateful.

Edit: I have decided to go into the game and look about and the types for all the Pokemon appear to be correct. Not sure about Fairy types because I haven't gotten that far.

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Awesome ROM base, thanks!
Quick question - and I'm sorry if this has already been asked, or if this isn't the place to ask - how easy would it be to create new abilities similar to Refrigerate, Pixilate and Aerilate, but for other types? Something like a Pollinate ability for Bug-types and other similar abilities. And how would I do it? Or is there another thread, where I should ask?

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Quick question - and I'm sorry if this has already been asked, or if this isn't the place to ask - how easy would it be to create new abilities similar to Refrigerate, Pixilate and Aerilate, but for other types? Something like a Pollinate ability for Bug-types and other similar abilities. And how would I do it? Or is there another thread, where I should ask?

You'll probably want to go over to the Ability Resource Thread, they might be able to provide a reasonable explanation. You're gonna need to familiarize yourself with ASM, so be ready to read up on that too.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021

This post might be what you're looking for

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
Years
Could someone help me. I've been trying to use this has some time and I still didn't figure out, at all, what I'm doing wrong. I use G3HS and, as soon as I open it up, the tool gives me the same message rhapsodian_pixo receives at startup. Once though, then I click OK aaaaand the messages goes off and nothing loads. No new moves, no new abilities, nothing new. Ok. I have changed for the proper .INI. Then I rename it (not on hex, only in the INI) from MrDS to 0000 and nothing. And I'm clueless on what to do, I can't figure out how to use the search box properly. I swear I'd not post here for help if I have found it. Could somebody help me, please?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Could someone help me. I've been trying to use this has some time and I still didn't figure out, at all, what I'm doing wrong. I use G3HS and, as soon as I open it up, the tool gives me the same message rhapsodian_pixo receives at startup. Once though, then I click OK aaaaand the messages goes off and nothing loads. No new moves, no new abilities, nothing new. Ok. I have changed for the proper .INI. Then I rename it (not on hex, only in the INI) from MrDS to 0000 and nothing. And I'm clueless on what to do, I can't figure out how to use the search box properly. I swear I'd not post here for help if I have found it. Could somebody help me, please?

in folder of mrdollsteak open G3HS folder then open the ini ctrl + f search mrds then change mrds to 0000 after that save the file then ctrl + a all then ctrl + c <- it means you copy all the ini forms. Go to G3hs "pokeroms " <- the ini of G3HS then open that ctrl + a then press delete then ctrl + v then save.

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Yay, I love you! Huge thanks bro!

no problem bro!
i have the same problem similar to mrds i figure this while im reading the comments of mrdollsteak patch.
( sorry bad english )

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
Hey, I saw Mr.DollSteak recently updated the first post but can't find any sort of "updated" changelog... Does anyone know something about this?

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Hey, I saw Mr.DollSteak recently updated the first post but can't find any sort of "updated" changelog... Does anyone know something about this?

idk what is he updated

Years

idk what is he updated

If you guys have looking clearly at the Bugs section, you will know what was he updated for:
FIXES:
Natural Cure - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=494
Day Care - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=619
Sand Force - Place 06 at 0x890CAB4

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
If you guys have looking clearly at the Bugs section, you will know what was he updated for:
FIXES:
Natural Cure - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=494
Day Care - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=619
Sand Force - Place 06 at 0x890CAB4

For sand force the fix is here : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8921685&postcount=761
Because putting 06 at that location would give you a speed boost in the sandstorm, which is not the goal

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2017
Mr.dollSteak's Decap and Attack rom Base

Hi!. I'm new in hacking just wanted to reach out further generations using fire red rom
and I found Mr.DollSteaks rom base hack with new attack moves and abilities. I'm very happy i found this rom base hack. because i want to make hack rom with just additional features, not just turning old pokemons into new pokemons.
As for now i added gen4 pokemons.

Mr.dollSteak hope you'll allow this remake of your rom
a very big credits from you.it made my hacking easy with new attacks and abilites

gen4 pokemon has all sprites and icons
Edited moves= tm/hm, pokedex,

Not yet implemented cry,footprints,some of size comparison.

special thanks to: "Mr.DollSteak"
Credits to hacking tool maker
PokemonGame editor
Gen3Hacking Suite
Gen3Tool
If you need the rom for test just pm on my facebook: [email protected]

Years
MrDollSteak, I've just finished checking for every move from the original game in your rombase and I found that some of them had effects descriptions still with Caps mode on. They are:
171 - Nightmare - " "Pokémon" is locked in a NIGHTMARE. "
195 - Perish Song - " "Pokémon's" PERISH count fell to "x"! "
222 - Magnitude - "MAGNITUDE #!"
269 - Taunt - " "Pokémon" fell for the TAUNT! " and " "Pokémon" can't use "move" after the TAUNT! "
273 - Wish - " "Pokémon's" WISH came true!"
288 - Grudge - " "Pokémon" wants the opponent to bear a GRUDGE!" and " "Pokémon's move" lost all its PP due to the GRUDGE!"
289 - Snatch - " "Foe's Pokémon" SNATCHED "user's Pokémon's" move!"

I looked every move, but perhaps I let something pass, like a double battle move, or something like that.
Besides the moves, I already told you about the badges that are like:
BOULDERBadge, CASCADEBadge, THUNDERBadge, etc.

Hope it helps. =D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Regarding the Day Care fix.......

You said it was to do with the Egg Move tables, does this mean we cannot give expanded Pokémon Egg Moves without reintroducing the glitch?

I did have a few new Pokémon I wanted to give Egg Moves to, but I'm now not sure if I should or not.

Years
Could you make a lite version of this patch, with only the moves and abilities of the 5th gen, no fairy type and new items, and without Decapitalisation or movesets changed, please?

Back