• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MSN, AIM or YIM?

Do you prefer MSN, AIM or YIM?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Title. Which do you prefer to use the most as your IMing system?

I have all three but I prefer MSN cause most people have it.

Edit: I only used MSN because some people still have MSN, And people might not of known what WLM meant.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I use my YIM as an account to chat to people, and MSN everything else. Oh, and I don't have AIM.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    It was just around for too long for people to stop calling it MSN xP

Anyway, yeah. I use MSN/WLM. I have YIM too, but I don't use it.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • Windows Live Messenger. It seems as if I'm one of three or four people in the whole school who actually use that engine.

Yes, I do call it MSN. That's what it is in root after all!

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Most of my friends and the people in my area use AIM. I actually use an old school version of AIM, with DeadAIM installed over it. I use MSN (or WLM) to talk to my friends from some other areas of the world, and all my friends from here at PC. I actually prefer the simplicity of AIM, I think. Maybe I'm just partial to it though because I've used it a lot more and for a lot longer.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • I use MSN most of the time, installed AIM the other day to talk to people who aren't allowed to have MSN, but I prefer MSN. I also use Xfire quite alot, it's nice to talk to friends you met in-game

Years
  • What is with people and calling WLM, MSN?

My answer: WLM

It's the MSN protocol; WLM just happens to be the official Microsoft client on Windows. But it's most likely that people call it MSN because that was the client's name for so long, and it's stuck.

Anyways, MSN, exclusively. I have an AIM, but never use it. It doesn't matter how good a service is, if your friends aren't on it, you probably won't use it. And MSN seems to be the choice of just about everyone here. Functionally, it seems better than AIM anyways. o.o;

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I mostly use AIM, because It's probably the least confusing of the three, and it's what most of my friends use.

I have an MSN messanger account, but I hardly ever sign on anymore. Not alot of people use it.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Its funny, where I am everyone uses AIM so thats what I use. I think all the base clients, WLM, TIM, and AIM Triton all suck it hard though. I'm not a fan of MSN either...I don't entirely like the way it works.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • AIM has the ugliest interface I've ever encountered in an instant messaging client. I have an AIM id but I don't even have the client on any of my computers, I think. o_o; I used to use YIM exclusively back when I first started using the internet, but I never touch it anymore. XD;

Long story short, I use MSN/WLM (depends on the computer because WLM only works with XP and up). Everyone here uses it as their client and most people either haven't heard of or don't even bother with the others, so I have no reason to keep them. o_o

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • I use AIM. It is the only messenger that anyone around here really uses. Not too many people know of YIM or WLM

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I use MSn out of any of the ones listed. MSN is like...my life. Without it I just can't be on the computer.

My first messenger wasnt MSN...but it was Yahoo. Yet, I can only use MSN because that's where I have must of my friends. So yeah~

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • I am disgusted at the lack of ICQ on here. :O In short, my favourite protocol is ICQ. But I can live with MSN protocol but I'll be using AMSN, thanks. :p

Back