• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my mom h8s me why

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • So basically: what's your relation with your family members rn? Do you like them? Hate them? Do they hate you back? Feel free to state your current thoughts on your relatives.

Nidoking

Pretty much indifferent to dislike mostly. All my good family members died, I rarely interact with the rest

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Had ups and downs with my parents but I'm closer to my mum and dad now. I have three brothers the oldest I'm very close with, the others not so much. One brother cut all ties to the family about 9 years ago which sucks but his loss really.

pkmin3033

I don't really think of my father as my father...he lost the right to that a long time ago. Although we've made our peace with one another and we get along relatively well now; we both know where we stand and its kinda ironic that he acts more like a parent now than he ever did when I was younger.

My mother...well, to my mother I'm an accident, a failure, and a disappointment. Growing up I was bragging rights for my performance at school, as an adult I'm the one she likes to pretend doesn't exist. She can be very supportive sometimes, but more often than not her response to me varies from grudging tolerance to outright contempt.

My brother is just my brother, really. He has fairly severe autism, although I think I get along with him better than my parents do...he doesn't really scream at me when he's in a bad mood, and he's never hit me the way he does my parents. I generally don't have a hard time looking after him, and usually if I ask him to do something or take him out somewhere, he'll co-operate with me. He's probably the easiest member of my immediate family to get along with, which is kinda sad when I think about it. xD;

Outside of immediate family...I get along alright with my grandparents. We had a rough patch when I was a teenager - they interfered in something they had no right to and caused me a great deal of embarrassment, and it took me a while to grow up and get over it - but I visit them at least once a year and talk to my grandmother usually once a week. When I was a kid my grandmother would always pick me up after school on a Friday so I could spend time with her too; if I have any positive childhood memories, I owe it to them.

I have two aunts, one of which lives locally and I never talk to or see, the other who lives in Manchester who I speak to a couple of times a year - I've had a holiday with her at my grandparent's the last two years in a row - and get along with a little better. She was my favourite relative growing up; she was a teenager when I was born and was...cool, I guess? She was a lot of fun when she was drunk, she had a PS1 she let me play, and the accent was funny to my ears back then. xD

Don't really come into contact with anyone else. Honestly I don't really think of my blood relatives as family persay; they're just people I grew up with. Blood relation isn't all that important to me.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • my mom is lit af and i love her a lot. shes very understanding and supportive and i appreciate her a lot. we've had our ups and downs especially when i was a teenager and goin through super hard stuff in middle school and high school with my depression, social anxiety and GAD but, she still supported me thru it all unlike my dad. me and my mom have gotten closer since we moved to alabama a year ago and i'm glad. she's been thru a lot and i respect her for that.

my dad on the other hand... me and him used to be very close when i was younger but as i got older i saw his true colours and who he really is. long story short, he did some unforgivable things to my mom. i won't say what as i do not want to trigger anyone, but he did and said some bad things to my mom that i cannot forgive him for yet. he tries to make up for our lost relationship by buying me things and trying to talk to me and get me interested in the same things he likes but..it's just not gonna happen. he also literally never brings up my mental illnesses probably bc hes embarrassed to have a child like that but, its whatevs i have to understand he will never understand me and my issues. i will forgive him for what he did to my mom eventually but as of right now there's a huge..rift between us. we still talk every few days but it's just not the same anymore.

so uh yeah i had a very dysfunctional family for a long time but it's a lot better now

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    I'll keep it short. I don't even know my original parents but I know they are selfish for leaving me. Thanks to them, I got a new, very caring family. And from that day on, I lived happily ever after//
    The End.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My dad can be pretty annoying, my mom is ok I guess but she always is telling me stuff I've heard a million times, I wish my brother didn't exist. The entire world would be better off without him.

Years
  • The only one I have a good relationship with is my mother, otherwise it's mostly neutral to...bad

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I'll keep it short. I don't even know my original parents but I know they are selfish for leaving me. Thanks to them, I got a new, very caring family. And from that day on, I lived happily ever after//
    The End.

That's super closed minded, like it sounds like you don't actually know them or their situation.

I finally met my birthmom (sort of, online only) a couple years ago and knowing why she's had to give me up and stuff has given me lots of perspective and allowed me to have a decent relationship with her.

My adoptive parents and I have a very terrible relationship though, especially right now. They can't understand that I have a real life and want me to come home to America and think I'm a failure. Also it subtly feels like they're not actually taking my current relationship seriously which is painful.

My birth mother however is like super awesome and supportive and amazing.

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    That's super closed minded, like it sounds like you don't actually know them or their situation.

I finally met my birthmom (sort of, online only) a couple years ago and knowing why she's had to give me up and stuff has given me lots of perspective and allowed me to have a decent relationship with her.

My adoptive parents and I have a very terrible relationship though, especially right now. They can't understand that I have a real life and want me to come home to America and think I'm a failure. Also it subtly feels like they're not actually taking my current relationship seriously which is painful.

My birth mother however is like super awesome and supportive and amazing.

Oo I didn't mean to make you feel that way, there's a lot more details but I prefer not to share it here. I'm not really comfortable with that. Sorry.

User19sq

I wish death on my bloodlines. I'm the best thing to come out of it, and anyone on PC who's met me will tell you that I suck. XD

But seriously, I do wish they were out of the picture. Not that I'd do anything about it; with how they progress, they'll destroy themselves soon enough.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Dad is my best friend. One of my sisters is a sweetheart but I don't talk to her for reasons I don't want to disclose. Other sister and I had an argument and haven't talked for years. Recently extended an olive branch but she hasn't done anything with it. Shame.

Mother passed many years ago so that's the state of the fam

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm only going to comment on one family member. My father. If you don't want to read all of what I have to say below, the important thing to take from it is this: My father is not a man in my eyes, and I resent him because of it.

Growing up, my father was pretty much extremely volatile and abusive emotionally towards myself, my mother, and my brothers. When I was a child, I feared him. When my mom died, a shift occurred in him, and for a couple of years, he was actually a pretty cool guy. Then he sort of settled down into his misery and he has become the biggest bitch I know. And I truly and honestly mean that. He will go on tangents of the most mindless complaints. Rather than shutting up and fixing an issue, he will complain about it in a very hostile and angry way, and it comes across as extremely petty and pathetic. In retrospect, he was always the way he is now. I just viewed it differently when I was smaller and much less threatening to him. My father and I have gotten into a few physical altercations and he has since learned to not push things too far with me. I am bigger and much, much stronger than him.

I was always jealous for the guys growing up with fathers that were actual fathers to them, and I don't mean buddy-buddy fathers. I mean men in their life that they respected, admired, and aspired to be like. In addition to all of the parental tasks and responsibilities, I think that is what a father should be; just as I think a mother should be the same. I don't view my father to be much of a man, and never viewed him as a role model. Growing up, I lacked a tremendous amount of masculine influence, because my relationship with my father was never there. Even when I was younger and engaged in many sports, there was a disconnect between the two of us. I gravitated towards women, and generally steered clear of male relations. I struggled a lot with dealing with a lot of male oriented thinking, particularly in sexual nature, that I feel wouldn't have been so difficult for me if my relationship with my father was more of a positive one. This alone dripped into many facets of my life and is hard to fully explain what I mean by that, because it is multi-layered. All this is the biggest gripe, over any way he treated myself, or the way he acts in general.

Things have since changed in that frame of my life. I found male role models outside of my family, and have come into manhood on my own, so to speak, and my relationships with other men are positive, and seem to flourish much more readily than my relationships with females, which is a change to how it was growing up. I feel I have a pretty firm grasp on my own male identity and masculinity, which I think is very important. I no longer feel ashamed, and have gotten over some problems in sexuality that made it difficult for me to explore that aspect of life.

My relationship with my dad is a negative one. On a fundamental level, I still love and minimally respect him; just because he is partially the reason I exist. I help him when he needs help, and I have found that since I have entered the working world, he needs my help much more than I need his. He relies on me for things that I honestly feel that parents should never rely on their children for for a simple fact that I would find myself incredibly ashamed in myself if I was a father and relied on my son for the things he does. And while I do wish my relationship with my father was never this way, it has taught me a lot about when I become a father and how I will raise my son.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm only going to comment on one family member. My father. If you don't want to read all of what I have to say below, the important thing to take from it is this: My father is not a man in my eyes, and I resent him because of it.

Growing up, my father was pretty much extremely volatile and abusive emotionally towards myself, my mother, and my brothers. When I was a child, I feared him. When my mom died, a shift occurred in him, and for a couple of years, he was actually a pretty cool guy. Then he sort of settled down into his misery and he has become the biggest ***** I know. And I truly and honestly mean that. He will go on tangents of the most mindless complaints. Rather than shutting up and fixing an issue, he will complain about it in a very hostile and angry way, and it comes across as extremely petty and pathetic. In retrospect, he was always the way he is now. I just viewed it differently when I was smaller and much less threatening to him. My father and I have gotten into a few physical altercations and he has since learned to not push things too far with me. I am bigger and much, much stronger than him.

I was always jealous for the guys growing up with fathers that were actual fathers to them, and I don't mean buddy-buddy fathers. I mean men in their life that they respected, admired, and aspired to be like. In addition to all of the parental tasks and responsibilities, I think that is what a father should be; just as I think a mother should be the same. I don't view my father to be much of a man, and never viewed him as a role model. Growing up, I lacked a tremendous amount of masculine influence, because my relationship with my father was never there. Even when I was younger and engaged in many sports, there was a disconnect between the two of us. I gravitated towards women, and generally steered clear of male relations. I struggled a lot with dealing with a lot of male oriented thinking, particularly in sexual nature, that I feel wouldn't have been so difficult for me if my relationship with my father was more of a positive one. This alone dripped into many facets of my life and is hard to fully explain what I mean by that, because it is multi-layered. All this is the biggest gripe, over any way he treated myself, or the way he acts in general.

Things have since changed in that frame of my life. I found male role models outside of my family, and have come into manhood on my own, so to speak, and my relationships with other men are positive, and seem to flourish much more readily than my relationships with females, which is a change to how it was growing up. I feel I have a pretty firm grasp on my own male identity and masculinity, which I think is very important. I no longer feel ashamed, and have gotten over some problems in sexuality that made it difficult for me to explore that aspect of life.

My relationship with my dad is a negative one. On a fundamental level, I still love and minimally respect him; just because he is partially the reason I exist. I help him when he needs help, and I have found that since I have entered the working world, he needs my help much more than I need his. He relies on me for things that I honestly feel that parents should never rely on their children for for a simple fact that I would find myself incredibly ashamed in myself if I was a father and relied on my son for the things he does. And while I do wish my relationship with my father was never this way, it has taught me a lot about when I become a father and how I will raise my son.

Well done for being so open about your feelings. Being open and discussing it helps people reflect on their own experiences. I think what you described is quite similar to my own relationship with my father.

I think situations like this are a lot more common than people realise. I even think (and have observed) that people going through this are often oblivious to what is truly going on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Well done for being so open about your feelings. Being open and discussing it helps people reflect on their own experiences. I think what you described is quite similar to my own relationship with my father.

I think situations like this are a lot more common than people realise. I even think (and have observed) that people going through this are often oblivious to what is truly going on.

I?ve done a lot of thinking about the bigger picture and reasons truly behind my resentment towards him. These are pretty recent revelations to me, but they are ones that I believe to be true.

Back