• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My PokeWalker survived the washing machine :O

Master Exploder

AGHHHHHHHH
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2011
    I left my pokewalker in my jeans the other day and forgot to take it out and put them in the washing machine - to my surprise when I took it out it still works absolutely fine! My donphan and all my watts were still there too and i'm sure the washing machine's spinning will have added a few more :P

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    (Note - don't do this deliberately, I [probably] got very, very lucky xD)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • My brother did this before... not on purpose, of course. :p When he took it out, it was still full of water, and the left button didn't work. That fixed in a few days, though.

He also got something like 23000 steps. O: A lot, I know. Also, I wouldn't do it on purpose. Who knows, maybe it could break...?

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I went jogging the other day. When I got home, I threw my clothes in the washer, not realising my walker was still in there.

It didn't make it. ;_;

Prince_McCovey_Pika

Prince of Panada
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    yup i've done that before. It survived but I have to replace the battery every few days. I have an Unown (F) on there named FAIL :P

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Mine got washed too, and, luckily, it survived. It didn't work at first because it was so wet (and I was really mad about that), but, after letting it dry a day, it worked again. I also got a lot of steps from the wash, which got me a lot of the routes I still had to get.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hasn't happened to me... yet, but there's been several cases when DS games have been left in my jeans pocket... D:

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    While I've never gotten my Pokewalker washed, I have gotten my SoulSilver sent through. xD Thankfully, it lived.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My PokéWalker went through once and survived. My Emerald has gone through and survived as well, but my brother's Sapphire came out with the clock feature not working. :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • My PokéWalker went through once and survived. My Emerald has gone through and survived as well, but my brother's Sapphire came out with the clock feature not working. :/
    The internal battery of the Sapphire cartridge was probably broken there then as it affects the clock feature (well, time-based events) but nothing else.

Certainly from the stories I have heard they mad the Pokewalker pretty well.

Years
  • going by this theory, what do you think would happen if you disconnected the water from your washing machine, threw the pokewalker in, well-bundled, and ran the machine? pretty good way to build up watts if you ask me...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Ever since I bought Heartgold I constantly check my pockets before I throw them in the washer. Sooo many times have I found the pokewalker in my jeans just in the nic of time. I dont want to have a repeat of Pokemon Gold -sniff- ;~;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never left my PokeWalker in the washing machine, but I have a similar story: when I was hit by a big wave on a beach during spring break, I was carrying my PokeWalker. Luckily, it survived. But it was so wet that I had one of my cousins carry it for me for a while.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • It happened once to me; I accidentally left my PokeWalker in my pocket. I suddenly realize it, but my walker is already in the machine. When I took it out, it worked perfectly. :/

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    My pokewalker did not survive the washing machine, thank god the game backed up my kingdra!!

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I barely use my PokeWalker but these PokeWalkers are pretty resistant, since I have dropped mine a few times and it still works. But it has never gone on a trip to the washing machine, or surfing.

Back