• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Mysterious grass in Pokemon Yellow

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
Years
  • I'm sitting here playing pokemon yellow and i am on route one, I just noticed a grass patch to the right of a bunch of unpassable trees. Is there any point to this grass patch or is it just there for looks?

Years
  • That's odd, does it actually appear in the game like that? Looks like they got rid of it in G/S/C.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Oh yes, I remember this grass from way back when. There is no way to get over there without a hacking device. And since I don't hack, I've never been there. xD

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • That's odd, does it actually appear in the game like that? Looks like they got rid of it in G/S/C.

yeah it actually appears in the game like that, thats actually the only reason i noticed it. I've seen it before (i think :/) in the game but never really understood why it was there if it wasn't accessible

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • It's border tiles, so that you can't see the nothingness that is off-the-map, I'm guessing. Going into it with a hacking device results in a freeze, apparently. Before you ask why it's grass and not just generic ground tiles, it just is ok >:| It's in Pallet Town as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    yeah all it is is border tiles the game frezees if you walk thru walls to get there. in diamond pearl however you can walk thru walls to get anywhere without the game crashing. and if you walk thru walls in g/s it just resets the game in ruby and sapphire frlg the games don't crash you can't walk on the border blocks though

shadowcharmander

Pokemon Hero
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    There is also this mysterius grass in red blue fire red and leaf green if you use the walk through walls cheat to go past the trees in pallet town. I think it's just there by default

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    There were rumors that "Pallet Fields" (as the grass on each side of Route 1 and Pallet Town was called) held a variety of things, including high-powered or rare Pokemon such as the starters or Mewtwo, and other times PokeGods. There was even talk of a staircase that led to Johto.

Both aren't true, of course, but may be rooted in a Japanese Green version glitch in which traveling across the barrier can lead to a somewhat glitched-up hidden beta city.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • There were rumors that "Pallet Fields" (as the grass on each side of Route 1 and Pallet Town was called) held a variety of things, including high-powered or rare Pokemon such as the starters or Mewtwo, and other times PokeGods. There was even talk of a staircase that led to Johto.

Both aren't true, of course, but may be rooted in a Japanese Green version glitch in which traveling across the barrier can lead to a somewhat glitched-up hidden beta city.

that sounds cool! and it just makes me want a legit copy of green even more, just to test it out.

100th post ^_^

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, it's just the border, which was rumored to have Mewtwo, Mew, Mewthree, Oak, and a bunch of other PokeGODs. There was the rumour that it sent you to Johto or to some other region, but that's false as well. The third rumour (very rarely heard) is that this is the shortcut to Bill's Garden, another lie.

I've tried Gamesharking Green to go past the wall, it crashes just like in RBY.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when the games had just come out I thought about this a lot. I actually dreamed (or at least i'm pretty sure it was I a dream) that i found a way out and walked all around out there. I spent a week searching for a way out just after I got surf... but yes It is only border blocks. the weird thing is that in my dream the game froze too. 0_o

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    If memory serves me right, the grass there contains the same Pokemon as the grass on the accessable route areas, or nothing at all.

Back