• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naku's Big Bag of Mafia Shenanigans I

Robin

p-pix?
Years
  • I really doubt it'll change anything but, i'll try to explain
    I initially suspected kitty and michel, but wanted to read more of their posts before i voted them, then gp rando voted me, its true i made a dumb move by not voting who i suspected and rando voting gp, even though he appeared townie at the time.
    admittedly i could've worded my earlier posts better and saved people from getting headaches trying to understand what i said. tl;dr: its up to you to believe me or not but i'm just town who made really dumb plays

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Ghoul actions shouldn't work in lynches.

Oh yeah according to the EM descriptor you're right, it just says if targeted by a killing role they can redirect the kill, not that they can redirect any kill.

YET! I see kind of a flaw in the convo argument. So you saw roles but not names nor confirmed alignments, eh? How can you know:
    a) L'Belle set you up with someone else then claimed being said person --> This could be easily CC'd so I'd think not.
    b) L'Belle is mafia and some other mafia set you and L'Belle up with some specific objective in mind --> Seems like really fortuitous, but could be.
    c) A combination of the two, L'Belle set you up with other mafia and is now getting what to answer from said mafia --> Again, really fortuitous but it happens.

Ok yeah this is actually a good point. Could definitely be the possibility that the Chef is mafia-aligned put L'Belle (as mafia) in there with me, OR that someone else from mafia was in the chat with me and fed the conversation to L'Belle who is taking the fall.

Though that said - I did send messages throughout the day to 1) cover up my timezone and 2) see when the other person would respond, and the messages I received definitely fit the European timezone (no replies after like 10pm GMT+0 when I first entered the chatroom (the Ghoul had entered the room a few hours before while I was asleep), and only received a response around 12 noon GMT+0. Typing style fit a few of the Europeans (L'Belle, Rabi, Lycan).

Of course the Chef could just claim and confirm who was in the chatroom...

I really doubt it'll change anything but, i'll try to explain
    I initially suspected kitty and michel, but wanted to read more of their posts before i voted them, then gp rando voted me

Kitty didn't even post at all on Day 1, why did you suspect her of all people?

Heading to bed so based on the above,

##VOTE Neko Maid Kapper

Killua

We should keep in mind that it's common to randomvote on the first day and Abby is a pretty experienced player, there's a pretty big chance that he randomvoted just to drum up activity.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Also going to ##Vote Neko Maid Kapper. Normally I'd give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but most of their posts just...confuse me, and I don't buy that last defense

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Night Two

Final Vote Count

Player
    Easy Money Sniper
    Desox
    TailsMK4
    Neko Maid Kapper
    Kitty
    Pecilia
    jdthebud
    Charlie Brown
    Miah
    Nick Wilde
    Killua
    xDestroy
    impulse~
    L'Belle
    Lycanthropy
    Ho-Oh
    Votes For
    Neko Maid Kapper
    N/A
    Neko Maid Kapper
    N/A
    L'Belle
    N/A
    N/A
    Neko Maid Kapper
    Neko Maid Kapper
    N/A
    Neko Maid Kapper
    N/A
    Neko Maid Kapper
    N/A
    N/A
    L'Belle

The Story So Far . . .

Someone had survived on a technicality, and these townsfolk did not like that. A few of them debated back and forth, switching to and fro between votes, some eventually deciding to not vote at all, but when it came down to it, almost all the votes that had been cast had been placed on one person.

The Kitty Butler Topper was destined to die! Them and their heinous superpowers, too. The townsfolk surrounded the poor Telepath, tied ropes around each of their limbs, tied those ropes to horses and then pulled in different directions! It made quite the mess, but a few of the festival coordinators found some ways to work it into the decor.

It was fitting that the remains of a party crasher be used to bring a little more color to the party itself.​

Neko Maid Kapper has died! They were a Telepath.

rules

• All Pok?Community rules apply.
    • No Private Messaging other players about the game.
    • Any discussion of the game should be kept in this thread.
    • Do not post here once you have been killed or otherwise removed from the game.
    • Do not post during the Night Phase.
    • Night actions should be sent to me by PM or via Discord (Nakuzami#0743).
    • If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
    • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed at any time.
    • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Vote[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
    • If you wish to change your vote, first put [b]##Unvote[/b] Player before casting your new vote.
    • You may choose to vote for "No One."
    • Night Phases should generally last 24 hours. Day Phases are 48 hours.
    • Plurality Vote. This means that the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if they only have one or two votes on them.
    • Mafia Hammer Vote. One mafia member carries out the mafia kill each night, chosen by them.

cast list

Nakuzami as the Game Master

Easy Money Sniper
    Desox
    jdthebud
    Kitty
    Charlie Brown
    Miah
    Pecilia
    Nick Wilde
    Killua
    xDestroy
    TailsMK4
    impulse~
    L'Belle
    Lycanthropy
    Ho-Oh
    Bidoof FTW as TFPTSLBOOIA
    Neon Sword as a Caroler
    Calzone407 as a Hitman
    TheCapsFan as a Consigliere
    Abby as a Cop
    gimmepie as an Amnesiac
    Neko Maid Kapper as a Telepath
    boop[/URL]

Nakuzami

Years
  • p.s. - night will be slightly longer this time as I'll be at work when the phase is meant to end tomorrow.

Expect it to last an extra four to five hours

Nakuzami

Years
  • Day Three

The Story So Far . . .

This night was so much more interesting than anyone could every truly know.

Well, at least not until the festival ended and everyone figured out what had happened, but still, neat secrets!

Sadly, no more banquets were to be held with the tragic loss of the town's chef, who was found with his face shoved into his own oven. Additionally, the body of the local Toreador was found impaled near his bull pen. Perhaps a practice session had gotten a bit out of hand?​

Killua has died! They were a Chef.

Charlie Brown has died! They were a Toreador.

rules

• All PokéCommunity rules apply.
    • No Private Messaging other players about the game.
    • Any discussion of the game should be kept in this thread.
    • Do not post here once you have been killed or otherwise removed from the game.
    • Do not post during the Night Phase.
    • Night actions should be sent to me by PM or via Discord (Nakuzami#0743).
    • If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
    • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed at any time.
    • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Vote[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
    • If you wish to change your vote, first put [b]##Unvote[/b] Player before casting your new vote.
    • You may choose to vote for "No One."
    • Night Phases should generally last 24 hours. Day Phases are 48 hours.
    • Plurality Vote. This means that the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if they only have one or two votes on them.
    • Mafia Hammer Vote. One mafia member carries out the mafia kill each night, chosen by them.

cast list

Nakuzami as the Game Master

Easy Money Sniper
    Desox
    jdthebud
    Kitty
    Miah
    Pecilia
    Nick Wilde
    xDestroy
    TailsMK4
    impulse~
    L'Belle
    Lycanthropy
    Ho-Oh
    Bidoof FTW as TFPTSLBOOIA
    Neon Sword as a Caroler
    Calzone407 as a Hitman
    TheCapsFan as a Consigliere
    Abby as a Cop
    gimmepie as an Amnesiac
    Neko Maid Kapper as a Telepath
    Killua as a Chef
    Charlie Brown a Toreador
    boop[/URL]

Years
  • Well...we lost the chef, so that hurt a bit. That was a way for us to get information on people. Sadly, other than risking lynching someone that hasn't voted yet or in a while, I don't have any ideas for today on who to vote for. I have a feeling that we are quickly losing the advantage we had on the mafia, despite successfully lynching Neko. Does anyone have ideas on who might be suspicious now?

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Well...we lost the chef, so that hurt a bit. That was a way for us to get information on people. Sadly, other than risking lynching someone that hasn't voted yet or in a while, I don't have any ideas for today on who to vote for. I have a feeling that we are quickly losing the advantage we had on the mafia, despite successfully lynching Neko. Does anyone have ideas on who might be suspicious now?
    I think we are doing pretty well, there's only 2 mafia lieft. It's just that the mafia seems to have two kills or more likely, there is a serial killer in this game, as there are two third parties.

Maybe look at the people who either jumped on the Neko bandwagon late or who didn't vote for them? Looking back, it looks like Kitty and Ho-oh were the only ones to not vote Neko. However, Neko threw shade on Kitty last phase, so perhaps Ho-oh is the better option to push right now?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I only voted L'Belle because the whole Calzone thing seemed suspicious af to me. I was going to change to Neko with everyone else but I hadn't in time because I was on loa. There's a post in the staff forum in which I posted I was on an loa. You can ask any staff member to confirm. I was planning on posting in mafia but didn't because yay sickness.

Aaron can attest all I was doing was posting in OVP & reading Reddit because everything else is too much brainpower when I'm sick. I haven't even done any mod duties as you can see since I went on my loa. You can ask Adventure to confirm my exact type of sickness.

Now when did I go on loa? No clue but I know it was after I posted here and after community day because I was destroyed after playing Pokemon Go for six hours & doing a three hour shoot for a client.

I can provide proof of my doctors visit tomorrow if you would like to prove my illness.

I could also get my bf to jump on and attest to my sickness if non participating members can post in the thread.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's all provable. If allowed I can post screenshots of everything including my community day catches and my role PM. I don't really want to show my client booking but I can show proof of what I have been doing since I last posted.

I even can take photos of my medicine I have purchased as well & the reddit threads I was reading while sick. I don't know if I can post my loa but I can take a photo of my bird cage I haven't cleaned because I was sick. I still AM sick and shouldn't be online ... I just don't want to get lynched when I can show proof of my role & my reason for not being able to update. If you guys are happy for me to provide that info I can in a few hours. Right now I'm gonna try and take a nap because I'm weak af.

Years
  • I think most of us would have been fine with simply "Hey, I'm not feeling well right now, so I didn't feel like changing my vote to Neko even though I believed L'Belle is actually town." This is a bit excessive...but I'll wait to do any votes until some more people post.

Nakuzami

Years
  • I only voted L'Belle because the whole Calzone thing seemed suspicious af to me. I was going to change to Neko with everyone else but I hadn't in time because I was on loa. There's a post in the staff forum in which I posted I was on an loa. You can ask any staff member to confirm. I was planning on posting in mafia but didn't because yay sickness.

Aaron can attest all I was doing was posting in OVP & reading Reddit because everything else is too much brainpower when I'm sick. I haven't even done any mod duties as you can see since I went on my loa. You can ask Adventure to confirm my exact type of sickness.

Now when did I go on loa? No clue but I know it was after I posted here and after community day because I was destroyed after playing Pokemon Go for six hours & doing a three hour shoot for a client.

I can provide proof of my doctors visit tomorrow if you would like to prove my illness.

I could also get my bf to jump on and attest to my sickness if non participating members can post in the thread.
    It's all provable. If allowed I can post screenshots of everything including my community day catches and my role PM. I don't really want to show my client booking but I can show proof of what I have been doing since I last posted.

I even can take photos of my medicine I have purchased as well & the reddit threads I was reading while sick. I don't know if I can post my loa but I can take a photo of my bird cage I haven't cleaned because I was sick. I still AM sick and shouldn't be online ... I just don't want to get lynched when I can show proof of my role & my reason for not being able to update. If you guys are happy for me to provide that info I can in a few hours. Right now I'm gonna try and take a nap because I'm weak af.
    I admire the lengths to which you're willing to prove your unavailability, but such meta information, at least to that extent, isn't necessary. Simply stating that you were ill should suffice; it's up to the rest of the players to determine whether that's a valid excuse either way.

As far as the offering a screenshot of the role PM, that's generally against the rules in any mafia games, just for future reference.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Any
    • Space
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I didnt vote neko mostly because i didnt understand what the fuck they were saying; the only suss feeling i got about them was from reading miah's message about the fufu thing and yeah there was a huge point that i ignored. I may be wrong in my reads but ive ignored my gut feelings for way too long :p

Also totally agree on that being too meta for a game lmfao.

impulse~

that was excessive for a simple suggestion

also we lost the chef
    shame

mafia has two kills, right? maybe they have an evil hitman too?

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • My money's on a blood thirsty townie serial killer, it is the Underground. Also kinda forgot to vote last phase. Anyways I may get bored enough tonight for me to make a list of everyone's role suggestions, cross out possibilities to see what may be left, we'll see.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Yea I was going to do it anyways... Here's what I have.

Listed role suggestions by player: Red is Dead. Green is Active. Yellow is uncertain.
    EZ Money- Chef, Voodoo Lady and Consigliere*
    Doof- Baker, Thief, and Lyncher.
    Pie- Santa, cthulu and driver
    Calzone- Mimic, telepath, oracle
    Desox- Hitman, Telepath, Clockmaker
    jdthebud- Cop, Bomb, Bus Driver
    Kitty- Baker, Fool, Sidekick
    Charlie Brown- nomad, tailor, doc
    Miah- Caroler, Old Maid, Yakuza
    Pecilia- Treestump, Host, Sidekick
    Babby- Politician, Toreador, Tinkerer
    Nick Wilde- virgin/party host/sidekick
    Killua- Pathologist, Fool and Ghoul.**
    Neko- TreeStump ,Hooker, Old Maid

xDestroy- Rotten Robby, Amne, and fool.
    Tails- Cop, Doctor, Yakuza.
    Impulse- yakuza, vanilla and dreamer
    Caps- Bomb, Kingmaker, and TFPTSLBOOIA
    Lycan- Werewolf, Cthulhu, Cupid
    L'belle- Granny, Gambler, Interrogator
    Neon Sword- Governor, Cult leader, and vigilante

Ho-oh- Cook's Choice *

*So here's my reasoning. EZ suggested both Chef and Consigliere, no one else suggested either of these. Cook's Choice, coincidentally coined... or not, is the only wild card so it's a strong assumption to say it was one of those two roles.

**L'belle has claimed from this.

This should help people work out on their own who's list of roles they come from, I'm suggested you keep that to yourself because if someone claims a role and it contradicts your discovery it would be a good assumption that they're being shady.

Oh also after reading through I'm not comfortable with how TailsMK4 tried to shirk the attention on me just for not saying much, then flipflopping from me to L'belle then Neko, feels like they were really trying to avoid voting Neko tbh (also butchering my name).

Going to ##Vote TailsMK4 If no one has anything better. Also if I missed any previous claims tell me and I'll edit the list to reflect that.

Last edited:
    Back