• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#NaNoWriMo2017

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Is anyone going to do it this year? If so, have you already started planning? What is going to be your story for this year?

I've already been trying to work out ideas and stuff for my story. It's going to be another Christmas one, but the ideas are different than last year. This is my story for it this year by the way. I just don't want my story to be a failure like last year. :c

So, what about you guys?

Bay

Years
I think I'll use it on two stories. One is to write more of (and hopefully finish) Foul Play, and another is an Ace Attorney story that I already have an outline for but haven't written much of yet.

Funny enough, I did try to write Foul Play during Camp NaNo back in April, but family problems led me to being very not very motivated to write and I only wrote like less than 3k that month, bleh.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I've decided to finally really dedicate myself to nanowrimo this year and am taking off the entire month of november for it and maybe throwing up some short stories in a few magazines if they'll have me. For nano though I'll probably try finishing up my three wishes story as long as it doesn't grow into an unreasonably large beast. Or maybe I'll actually try doing something new for it. If I've actually got the time to dedicate to it, who knows how much I'll actually get done in the month.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've bee planning so much for this that... I haven't had time for other writing. x____x I have to be sure everything is perfect. I'll be damned if I'm going to end up with another flop again like last year. D:

Also, if you guys want... you can post your profiles here as well. Mine is here. :3

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
ok I'm definitely gonna write something. I don't think there's a chance of me finishing my novel or writing x words as high school is started now and I'm pretty busy. I'm probably gonna focus on my worldbuilding and get at least the geography done, it's long overdue.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Finally, after years of dealing with "crunch month" during uni and college (or dealing with illness), I'm done school and can focus on NaNoWriMo. I have a very rough idea of what I want to do, but there's still so many loose strings.

So far, my story has a setting... ish. I also have a few ideas for characters, but not really enough to say I've made much progress on that front. Basically, I want to write something inspired by Stardew Valley, but for it to be original enough to stand on its own. We'll see how that turns out, haha...

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I've heard about it for a few years but I never paid it any attention. I was thinking about doing it this year to help come up with a game story / plot for my final year project in uni (US: college) or expand upon whatever I come up with and write a sequel ministory :L. Only problem is I have no idea for what to write so I'll probably end up wishing everyone else on from the sidelines. (Go House Vestigo participants!)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I took my first serious whack at it last year, and was doing great for the first half of the month but lost track of the plot/other life events so it went unfinished. This year's attempt is going to basically be a full revamp of last year's story, since I have a better grasp of what I want to do with it now, so I'm at the stage of fully outlining things, and hope to be ready to just knock that word count out next month!

Bay

Years
Hey, so NaNoWRiMo has recently started, thought I would ask how you guys are doing so far?

Me, not off to a good start, only a few hundred words so far. My brain's kinda fuzzy with a lot going on and I haven't done any writing the past couple weeks so it's been hard for me to get the ball rolling.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I've rewritten Chapter 1 twice on the first day, and overslept hardcore on the second day. To make a long story short, I've made zero progress so far, but I'm hoping to force myself to settle on something so I can move on from the beginning.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I haven't wrote a single thing yet. It's only the first week, but I'm really struggling to find the motivation right now even with nothing else to do.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm still debating on whether or not I want to participate this year. Meeting the goal should get me to the finishing point on my current projects. But, like everyone else in this thread apparently, I just can't find the motivation.

Maybe once I head back to work and back to my normal routine, I'll make some progress. Or at least decide if I want to make the attempt.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
So I'm doing my first NaNo this year. It's going well :) I started off a bit weak, lagging behind some 600 words on day two, and struggling to catch up the third day. Currently at 14,000 words, though, so I'm back on track and ahead of schedule! I hope to reach the 16k even, today, and build up a buffer in this quiet week before my busy schedule takes over my November.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I REALLY wanted to give it a go this year. I'd been trying to build a good outline for a while before the month started, but the inspiration never really hit. The more I tried to get the sparks going, the more they fizzled. Being sick was the final nail in the coffin for me, and I still feel down about not getting anything going. Funny, now that I can't do NaNoWriMo, I'm starting to get ideas going again. Oh well, c'est la vie, and November will come again.

Good luck to everyone who's participating!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Last couple of hours. How did everyone's NaNo go?

Back