• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Why should evolutions be restricted? It makes no sense. If you don't want to evolve your pokemon then fine, don't. But some of us do want to evolve them, so we should have the option to. Then everyone's happy, right?

Thats right. I feel the same way. If you want to go through the game in a nostalgic way, then fine.

If I had to count any new forms in the game right now, it might be the Notch Eared Pichu. Seeing as it is given a different sprite from the other Pichus and its own special move, then I think it is safe to conlude this as a new form for the Pikachu evolution line.

However, with the scans of the new Pokédex is was shown that it will still follow the original order, excluding all third and fourth generation Pokémon. If you look at the line up and the ordered numbers you will notice it follows the original 251 Pokémon like in the original. So, with this being said it has kind of been assured that like in FRLG, any new evolutions will be held back until after Post-National Dex.

Years
    sorry if anyone's said anything i'm about to, i wasn't gonna read through numerous pages LOL.

I made this thread to talk about how do you think that Pokémon like Eevee(Glaceon and Leafeon), Magneton(Magnezone) and Nosepass(Probopass)evolve? o.o Because the MossRock and the IcyRock are located on Sinnoh Routes and Mt Coronet is also on Sinnoh... oOo

Also... How will Shaymin change formes? and Deoxys? .o. (I'm not asking Giratina because it has an item xD) Shellos and Gastrodon, too... Will they have new formes(They had West and East)?

What's your opinion?

i think new ways could be to evolve Eeve in ilex forest for Leaefon, evolve it in ice cave for Glaceon, and mt Silver or power plant to get magnezone & probopass, possibly.
    OR, the new area west of cianwood could contain special areas to evolve them.

i think that the flower woman in goldenrod city (the one who gives you the squirtbottle) would give you the gracidea for changing shaymin's formes.

Deoxys could be white rocks in kanto (mentioned in DPPt) or at mt moon (the whole space thing with clefairy's)

Shellos i personally think will have either 2 different formes (one for kanto, one for johto) or keep the same ones in DPPT, so pink would be johto, and blue kanto, separated by mt silver.

all of this would be after the elite four btw.
    just my speculation though :D

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
    Magnezone and Probopass?

Hey everybody.

I was just wondering what would happen how Magneton and Nosepass would evolve in HeartGold and SoulSilver seeing as they only evolve when leveled up in Mt. Coronet.

Please discuss.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Perhaps there will be a way to travel there? Maybe they will change it, and think no one will care since G&S originally came out before D&P

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I think this topic is already discussed somewhere else(maybe in speculation thread). I think that nosepass and magneton will evolve on some place in jhoto which has magnetic waves.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Hey everybody.

I was just wondering what would happen how Magneton and Nosepass would evolve in HeartGold and SoulSilver seeing as they only evolve when leveled up in Mt. Coronet.

Please discuss.
    Maybe an archepeligo of islands in the game just for Pokemon who appeared in Generations 3 + 4?

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    This has already been discussed on another thread man, but anyways, in mount coronet, a magnetic field is what made magneton and nosepass evolve, so in Johto, it seems this magnetic field will be available in another area, with i speculate to be mnt silver.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I assume you just can't get it in HG/SS, you have to trade it to D/P/Pt, in FRLG you couldn't get Umbreon, so yeah.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    My money is on Mt. Silver making them evolve, but I'm sure that they will make a way. They might also just make some sort of Stom\ne that you carry around like how you get Umbreon and Espeon in Gale of Darkness.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    im gonna agree that youre going to have to trade them to DPPt to get them

same goes for leafeon and glaceon

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe they won't even add these evolutions to the games... but who knows.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Thank god! I thought this was going to be like one of those VS. threads coz i will definitely say Magnezone!! (Probopass = Flying giant nose)

Im pretty sure you have to evolve them in D/P/Pt then transfer.

Years
    Well, for leafeon and glaceon, you could probably evolve them in Ilex Forest or Icy Path.

i think this will be what they'll do for those two
    but for magneton/nosepass, my money's on the power plant in kanto, you go there to sort out something wrong with lavender's radio tower, so maybe the electric waves could be out of control & you have to stabelise them, then they can evolve.
    i highly doubt, for generation 4, they'd make them unattainable without the use of DPPt

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Indeed. Chances are they'll make you transfer them over to D/P/Pt for the evolutions.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    They may not actually put them in the game, no one knows, but if they do I would guess that they would evolve on Mt. Silver.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I'm betting that they will evolve in Mt. Silver, because all they need is a magnetic field, it's not a specific area.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    My guess would be that you can evolve Leafeon and Glaceon in Ilex Forest and Icy Path, but Probopass and Magnezone would be on Mt. Silver. Though, they may not make it possible and you would have to trade.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Umbreon and Espeon were the most stupid evolution cases ever.
    You should have to trade them firstly to Ruby/Saphire, evolve them there (which is not easy, as when traded loses every happiness), and then, finally, trade them back to FR/LG. So I would say to not compare them to this generation.
    On D/P/Pt, almost every Pokémon was available (less starters & some legends). So my point is, the same will happen with HG/SS.
    I'm one of those which agree with the theory of Mt.Silver / Magnetic Fields.
    But, yeah, the other speculation also makes sense (the trading one, so they get profit.. maybe not).
    Plus, both of them make sense, the same sense. And Nintendo will choose one. :D

Back