• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    The notched-ear Pichu doesn't actually have a notched ear in its sprite, just its OW.
    How do we know its not in the sprite? Or have i missed something important? >sigh< I'm really dissapointed about not being able to get that pichu... also it could be an alternate form as it may have differant moves to a normal pichu. Does that count?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    How do we know its not in the sprite? Or have i missed something important? >sigh< I'm really dissapointed about not being able to get that pichu... also it could be an alternate form as it may have differant moves to a normal pichu. Does that count?

We don't know of the Notch-Eared Pichu's sprite has the altered ear or not. More than likely though, if the OW sprite represents it, it just may have it in the battle sprite as well. It makes sense to do this or it'll basically be a normal Pichu. However, we'd need more information on this, as they haven't continued on it thus far.

A lot of people speculate however that it may have something to do with Celebi, just because it was seen by the Shrine in Ilex Forest. Now, I don't blame people for thinking this, but I'd think it is pretty irrelevant. I'd think the two events would be seperate between Celebi and the Pichu, allowing us to get both, but not together.

As for the forms, certain times a new form of Pokémon has their own unique moves. For example, each new Rotom form can learn an exclusive move. The same thing goes for Skymin, as it can learn Air Slash while the Land Form Shaymin cannot. So, some new forms do get new moves, and I'd think that if the Pichu was counted exlclusively in the remakes, then I'd say a new move for it would be Volt Tackle, as it seems probable. Though, like I said, it depends on how a person defines a new form as the Notch Eared Pichu may be a new form of Pokémon for some, while for others it may not.

Years
    Well i havent seen the new movie that has the notch ear pichu, but does it do some different move that a normal pichu could do?

Hopefully they make the NE pichu catchable

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Why would that count? I know the sprite doesn't have a notched ear because it doesn't in Platinum, either. And why would they make it in HG/SS if it would just become a normal Pichu in the other games?

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
    Years
    I heard from someone who is friends with someone who has a 2nd cousin that works for Nintendo, Gastrodon/Shellos are going to be given their West/East formes, new North/South formes, and North West/North East as secret formes, plus South West/South East formes being argued over whether to be counted as a new species and be Event Legendaries, or whether not to release them so that NW/NE are more special. I believe that the Event side is winning the debate.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Yeah, never heard that one before. You either made that up as you went, or you're... very gullible.

♪I heard it from a friend whooooooooo
    Heard it from a frieeeeeend whooooooo
    Heard it from another that there are are new formes of Gastrodon and Shellos♪

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Location-specific evolutions

Some Gen IV pokemon evolved depending on where they were levelled up. Which areas will they be changed to in these remakes?

Leafeon - Ilex Forest?

Glaceon - Ice Cave?

Magnezone - No idea really

Probopass - Not sure who would even want this pokemon

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Or they could just be unobtainable in HG/SS, forcing you to go out and buy D/P/Pt and get Leafeon or Glaceon. Hey, they make more money that way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Leafeon - Hidden area in Ilex Forest (unlockable w/Nat Dex)
    Glaceon - Hidden area in Ice Cave (unlockable w/Nat Dex)
    Magnezone/Probopass - Mt. Moon perhaps? Or the Power Plant. Any area that can BS an excuse to have evo-inducing radio waves will work, really.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Leafeon - Hidden area in Ilex Forest (unlockable w/Nat Dex)
    Glaceon - Hidden area in Ice Cave (unlockable w/Nat Dex)
    Magnezone/Probopass - Mt. Moon perhaps? Or the Power Plant. Any area that can BS an excuse to have evo-inducing radio waves will work, really.
    I agree fully with what you say but Mt.Moon will be a little strange to find Probopass mind but maybe using Rock Smash you can find the pre-evolution. :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree fully with what you say but Mt.Moon will be a little strange to find Probopass mind but maybe using Rock Smash you can find the pre-evolution. :)

I think you got a little mistaken. It was referred that Mt. Moon could be a possible location to evolve Nosepass and Magneton into their new 4th Generation evolutions after the National Dex is obtained; not capture their evolutions here.

@ JollyRoger25: I would doubt the Moss Rock, Moss Stone, and a Magnetic Stone would be made to evolve these certain Pokémon, because it wouldn't be something needed. Also, it would creat compatability issues when it comes to trading with DPPt as it'll be an unknown item for the game.

However, the idea that a new and smaller location can be unlocked in the Ilex Forest and Ice Path is a very good thought. It was done in Emerald for the Safari Zone, such that after we obtained the National Dex an xtended area would be unlocked. So, this idea for the Moss and Ice Rock could be very well possible. We'll see what they decide on doing with it though, because with the new locations and Kanto being added, it also adds in other possibilities to place these two evolutions objects for Eevee.

My thought for how to evolve Nosepass and Magneton though is that the Power Plant or Mt. Silver could be possible. There are also a few other places that could be utilized as well for evolving these two, such as Mt. Moon like stated before or even one of the new cave locations introduced to the remakes.

The Holy Phantom says...
    I hope Glaceon and Leafeon aren't in the game (at least the scenario part). Kanto is my main choice for those to happen. Probopass and Magnezone can both evolve in the Power Plant (before saying: you redundant effer, keep in mind i just went straight for the posting!) Other than that, please nintendo DON'T MAKE THESE GUYS EVOLVE IN JOHTO! Me and a lot of the people at Pokecommunity want to actually RELIVE the glory days of Johto. You can add new events and locations (where you CAN put in newer pokes if you want but don't change the general story. (I don't want to see a Starly or a Bidoof on the first route!).

The Holy Phantom shuts up.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I always thought the moss rock and the frost rock were not a very smart idea i think the LEAF Stone should be used to evolve LEAFeon and they should of just added a another new Stone called the Frost stone or Glacier Stone or something to evolve Glacion and if they made that stone snorunt Could of used it to become Frosslass

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Maybe they may edit the evolution methods of all these pokemon and make them so that they evolve in a certain favourable environment. For e.g. Nosepass and magneton can evolve in a place where there are dense magnetic waves while for eevee they may make a special spot that has more favourable environment. They can make a secret hidden spot that only has a lot of greenery where eevee can evolve into leafeon (maybe in ilex forest) and a different spot somewhere else where it is very cold(maybe ice path or mt.silver like stated above by my fellow comrades). I have no idea about what they will do with Deoxys. But I sincerely wish that these pokemon who evolve into 4th gen pokemon have to hold their evolutions until national pokedex or something. (even though we won't be able to get weavile :( ).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I find it that Johto indeed holds a lake that is a charactaristic/emotion as does Sinnoh. Maybe the Sinnoh lake trio will get Rage Forms from the Lake of Rage?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The Holy Phantom says...
    I hope Glaceon and Leafeon aren't in the game (at least the scenario part). Kanto is my main choice for those to happen. Probopass and Magnezone can both evolve in the Power Plant (before saying: you redundant effer, keep in mind i just went straight for the posting!) Other than that, please nintendo DON'T MAKE THESE GUYS EVOLVE IN JOHTO! Me and a lot of the people at Pokecommunity want to actually RELIVE the glory days of Johto. You can add new events and locations (where you CAN put in newer pokes if you want but don't change the general story. (I don't want to see a Starly or a Bidoof on the first route!).

The Holy Phantom shuts up.

Why should evolutions be restricted? It makes no sense. If you don't want to evolve your pokemon then fine, don't. But some of us do want to evolve them, so we should have the option to. Then everyone's happy, right?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why should evolutions be restricted? It makes no sense. If you don't want to evolve your pokemon then fine, don't. But some of us do want to evolve them, so we should have the option to. Then everyone's happy, right?
    Thats right. I feel the same way. If you want to go through the game in a nostalgic way, then fine.

Back