• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • To be honest, that sucks. I can maybe see the logic in not having New Gen wild pokemon, but why the hell can't I evolve my Magneton or breed my Marill?
    I agree wholeheartedly with that. It's one of the many things I hated about FRLG. I even think they should have new Pokémon in the wild. I mean, of course, not before the National Dex. Just do it like DPPt. Have the Pokéradar for some Pokémon, some Pokémon in places you can't get to until after your National Dex, some Pokémon that can only be caught with Super Rod (which you should not get until after you've gotten National Dex), and some just... simply only found if you have the National Dex. And, of course, swarms.

Evolutionary chains should never be altered that way.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Only Pokemon to get formes it seems is the Pikachu line. Strange if you ask me.

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
  • Possibly another Eevee evolution, a dragon type would be cool to see,but really that's it,the II Gen is fine the way it is.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The thing about the Griseous Orb in Platinum is that even though Giratina may hold it to change forms, it will go back to your bag. The items itself cannot be traded into Diamond nor Pearl. So with this being said, the Griseous Orb is like a key item so it cannot be traded but only used for switching Giratina's form.

As for the whole Leafeon and Eevee thought, the thing with DPPt is that we are allowed to trade in the Pokémon from any generation into the game. So, the PokéDex is not restricted in these games, but like FRLG I wouldn't be surprised if it is done in which we cannot allow any new generation Pokémon to be accessed until the National Dex itself is obtained. Personally though, just to keep it easier for the games and the player I would rather the Moss Rock and Ice Rock be placed in the fitting location for them. Also, with the Rotom forms, my guess goes that in the Kanto Power plant is where we may have the ability to change its different forms and moves like in Platinum.
    Well, so the case would be similar if new items are created, in HG/SS.

I don't know, we'll have to wait for the game to be release!!
    Possibly another Eevee evolution, a dragon type would be cool to see,but really that's it,the II Gen is fine the way it is.

No because.
    1.) the tradability to Diamond, Pearl And Platinum.
    2.) Having new Pokemon in HG/SS will "mess up" the Pokedex number. I'm sure Nintendo/Game Freak wouldn't want to rearrange the Pokedex number.

Setting_Sun

The cake is NOT a lie.
    Years
  • Oak said something about "That white rock" being in Kanto, as well. If there isn't another Shaymin in this game, that white rock could lead to a Glacidia Flower (spelling?)

I'm guessing Glaceon and Leafeon won't be in the game, considering Umbreon and Espeon were unobtainable in FR/LG. They don't need to be obtainable. If they were, however, I'm guessing Glaceon would have a stone in the Ice Cave and Leafeon would have something either in Ilex Forest or the remains of Viridian Forest.

Mt. Silver could work for Mt. Coronet evolutions, or Dark Cave/Mt. Mortar if the game designers wanted the evolutions to be obtained sooner. I wholeheartedly hope they don't add Misdreavus to all sorts of areas or Larvitar/Pupitar. They should be Mt. Silver exclusive, as they were in G/S/C.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I wholeheartedly hope they don't add Misdreavus to all sorts of areas or Larvitar/Pupitar. They should be Mt. Silver exclusive, as they were in G/S/C.
    No way, what's the meaning of getting them after you beat the Elite Four.
    (Especially for Houndour and Murkrow.) I think some Pokemon have to change their location.

Anyway there are 3 new Pokemon(?)/new formes(?) are reveal, I wonder if they are related to HG/SS? Hope they are not new formes, though. Formes are too overused to me.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Yeah, the amount of Johto Pokemon is extremely limited as it is... why make some of the only ones available not able to be caught until the game is practically over? I could understand making them very rare/hard to catch if they were available in Dark Cave or something, but Johto should be more Johto instead of "add-on to Kanto" and allow more Johto Pokemon to be available.

And if there's new Pokemon to be caught, they'll have to either be forms or 5th gen unobtainable Pokemon, otherwise they wouldn't be transferrable to DPPt.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, the amount of Johto Pokemon is extremely limited as it is... why make some of the only ones available not able to be caught until the game is practically over? I could understand making them very rare/hard to catch if they were available in Dark Cave or something, but Johto should be more Johto instead of "add-on to Kanto" and allow more Johto Pokemon to be available.

And if there's new Pokemon to be caught, they'll have to either be forms or 5th gen unobtainable Pokemon, otherwise they wouldn't be transferrable to DPPt.
    Oh yeah, that's what I mean you get the point!!
    They're "new Pokemon" afterall, so they should appear in the "new region".

Anyway speaking of "new Pokemon", there's a "new Pikachu" and "new Raichu", The Notched-ear Pichu's evolution. I'm wondering if their base stat are diferent than the normal ones.

Luigi12895

The Green Machine
    Years
  • I'm assuming that if there are new Eeveelutions, that they will be Flying (Something similar to Shaymin Sky forme), Ghost, and Rock/Ground.

Just making an assumption. Metal Eeveelution is also up there that might be a possibility. I actually can't imagine a fighting/bug typed Eeveelution.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Probably not different stats, it seems more like just a decoration to me. But it's still possible I suppose.

I don't think they'll put any new Eeveelutions in this game. Maybe if they make a 5th gen game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    shellos new form

do you think that the shellos will have a new form because in d/p the pokedex entry says they change forms when in different regions...thats why theres a blue and pink one because i guess sinnoh was once to regions. So do you think there will be new forms to them in hg/ss

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • There has been rumors and such about how there was another sprite of a Shellos found in the back data that was found in DPP. Based on the knowledge then there is a huge chance that there will be a new form for Shellos in HGSS.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • It would be pretty *****in' if there was a purple, sleeker-lookin' one.

Or if it looked really, really fat.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • There has been rumors and such about how there was another sprite of a Shellos found in the back data that was found in DPP. Based on the knowledge then there is a huge chance that there will be a new form for Shellos in HGSS.
    If you're talking about the same one I've seen, it's just a beta form. It's almost exactly the same as the pink form currently in DPPt, just slightly different. If they're going to make a new form it's probably very different.

Here's all the forms including the beta, btw : url=https://www.freewebtown.com/mkrp/pokemon/variants.html

If you meant something different than that one, please share.

In any case, I don't think they'll make a different form. Ingame, a character said that Mt. Coronet split Sinnoh and the two Shellos are different on either side... how would that come into play with Johto and Kanto?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    In any case, I don't think they'll make a different form. Ingame, a character said that Mt. Coronet split Sinnoh and the two Shellos are different on either side... how would that come into play with Johto and Kanto?[/QUOTE]

because if you catch one in d/p the pokedex entry talks about that it changes forms in a new region. but im just guessing about this

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't think there'll be new colours of Shellos because Shellos isn't supposed to exist in Kanto and Johto, so there wouldn't be a Shellos to change colour in the game. Even if someone traded a Shellos to Hg/Ss, it wouldn't change colour because it was originally caught from DPPt.

omega77

Is that all?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    If their caught in Johto/Kanto then they'll probably have different form, but if traded from D/P/Pt then it'll be the same as whatever part of Sinnoh you caught it in.

Back