• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Haruhi Season

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I am so sorry about the whole Endless Eight situation you're all going through. Even I 'm not a fan of Haruhi I can understand how frustrating this is.

I don't care if this repetition is supposed to be "symbolic". Wasting more than half a season with it is ridiculous.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I am so sorry about the whole Endless Eight situation you're all going through. Even I 'm not a fan of Haruhi I can understand how frustrating this is.

I don't care if this repetition is supposed to be "symbolic". Wasting more than half a season with it is ridiculous.
    I think the ones who are "suffering" are mostly the ones who read the light novels, and were expecting the anime to follow them like scripture. Fans of the anime alone (like me) tend to view Endless Eight in a less negative way, some of us even in a positive way. One thing the the anime is doing really well with E8 is following that often ignored rule of "show, don't tell." It's far more effective to demonstrate the repetition by repeating many times, rather than just repeating once or twice and leaving it at that. It creates a more engaging, authentic experience at the expense of the fans who want the story to progress or just don't have all that good an attention span.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I can't imagine their sponsors are happy about the situation. Like I said before, I don't mind so much (though after 6 episodes of it, it's starting to grind on my nerves a bit), but I doubt their sponsors will be so forgiving. I don't know whose decision it was to make eight episodes of the same thing, but my guess is that they won't have a job for much longer.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I can appreciate what they're doing from a symbolic and artistic sense but... ugh it's started to really bug me. :( I LOVED the animation and art direction in episode 7 and thought it was a step above the others but even so I just couldn't give it my full attention. Repetition is good in small doses but they aren't changing the script up enough to make me feel like watching it. I feel really bad about it but I just can't pay attention now. I really hope they do stop at 8.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    "Three days?!"
    - Engrish-speaking Kyon in the recent Endless Eight episode.

Last edited:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I can appreciate what they're doing from a symbolic and artistic sense but... ugh it's started to really bug me. :(
    I think more than anything it's trying to portray Yuki's loneliness, or lack of; Depends on what you make of S01E14 where on the console to Kyon she writes "Perhaps another visit to the Library?"

In the Endless Eight episodes Kyon repeatedly goes after Yuki, proceeding to ask her if she's alright in a sort of nervous schoolboy crush way.
    This has lead me to feel that some of the remnants of the reset memories are ones that remind him that Yuki has been alone for the past 500 odd years and he feels bad about that, checking up on her.

This is all probably more wishful thinking than anything however, I'd die for a Kyon x Yuki pairing. xD

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    I did some digging around:

Endless Eight ends this week. (Or, as I'm typing this, today.)

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody DVD(limited edition) is scheduled for release on 8/28, and there are going to be new character song CDs (only for the five SOS members, apparently).

Hopefully there'll be character songs for the heroines' alternate personae (i.e. loli Haruhi, Asahina Mikuru(large), and disappearance Yuki), but i dunno

Just read this on MAL.
    I'll be glad to see it end, even if I did like the arc. :P
    I want new episodes. :/

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Saw the news last night and I skipped to the end. Was an okay-ish ending, Kyon did sound rather odd I thought though. Haruhi's expression was win. "Huh?"

Finally we'll get something else to watch now. :3

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    The way Haruhi yells at Kyon in a public restaurant and poking him to a wall, and how she grabs his collar is highly entertaining.

Actually I really enjoyed the arc. It may have dragged on, but the different variations made me love it, made me laugh, and mostly, the whole thing made me feel that Yuki may have gone one step further to become "human" because she could feel "bored". And I felt sorry for her in one point.

Now, what would the new episodes be this time? And what would the character songs be about?
    ...I'm ready to put the songs into my phone if I like them.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The ending in the resteraunt made me laugh a lot, I really liked it. I can't wait to hear the new character songs ~

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I was like, "awww already"? That's too bad! I mean, I liked it.
    *gets shot by Endless8-haters*

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I just watched the ending. It was absolutely PERFECT, especially the ingenious last frame. A royal flush for that one time in 15,532.

Before Endless Eight, I thought that MoHS was okay, but not too great. I now think that MoHS is absolute gold. Endless Eight is an experience that had never been done before and can never be done again with the same impact. I loved it, and I think I might miss it now that it's gone.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The current director for Haruhi, Tatsuya Ishihara, "joked?" about a possible Haruhi movie to be of another set of Endless Eight.
    "There are a lot of episodes from the novels which have not been animated. We'd love to hear which of those you would like to make into a movie."

Ishihara: "Endless Eight… :-) Can't we do that again, adding some new extras, try some film tricks out? Or is it too much? :-)"

Please no. XD

I'm hoping the last 5 new episodes will be the Disappearance (and we'll be left with a cliffhanger), so perhaps it's Mikuru's movie this week.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Oh my god :D
    Please not :D
    Anyways I also finished the last of EE episodes yesterday and the end was kinda surprising :D I didn't expect that the thing would be homework xD
    And Royal Flush at the end of episode was totally cool :D

Back