• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Love?

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
  • I didn't realize how perfect Sudowoodo is until I actually started training one. Its status screen jazz hands animation only cements that opinion. Otherwise, I'm feeling the love for Gyarados and like all of the Eeveelutions, none of which I've bothered to go for before except maybe Espeon, I don't remember. Sylveon is by far the winner there. As far as unexpected new loves go, shout-out to Hawlucha for continuing Throh's startlingly specific legacy of being an early and at first unappealing one-stage Fighting-Type that made it all the way onto my Champion team! If I could find a Shiny one, I'd be absolutely set to out-glam the Universe!

Years
  • I didn't like the Budew-Roselia-Roserade line at all. But when I got the game, on the same day, I found a wild shiny Budew. And after that, I fell in love with it. My very first wild shiny Pokemon!! ♥ I was so wrong for not loving this Pokemon from the beginning..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I like Charizard much better now that I've gotten a chance to use it as a Starter (I also used Delphox and Blaziken). It's much stronger than the Charizard's I've had in the past for sure. Also it's helped by it's Mega Y evolution :3.

For new it'll be Aegislash, that thing is more powerful than I had expected if played correctly (as with any other Pokémon but more so for glass cannon's like Aegislash is).

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Azumarill and Ferrothorn.
    Their models made me love them! And I hated them in previous generations...
    What's even better, is that they are awesome competitively :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    Sylveon.

I'm usually into the big, firey, dragon, epic type pokemon but something about this adorable pink fox/cat/thing just won me over and I'm redoing my Y game with one at the lead. :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've always loved Whimsicott and Typhlosion, hmm.

XY made me re-love Gardevoir. It was always a great Pokemon to use in RSE, albeit pretty rare to find at first. I haven't really used one since. Then, I got the Mega stone and wow, what a beauty. It's the combination of its echoed cry and striking pose right after the Mega evolution animation finishes that led me to want to bring it along everywhere I go.

PS mine is a boy 8D

Years
  • I like Charizard much better now that I've gotten a chance to use it as a Starter (I also used Delphox and Blaziken). It's much stronger than the Charizard's I've had in the past for sure. Also it's helped by it's Mega Y evolution :3.

For new it'll be Aegislash, that thing is more powerful than I had expected if played correctly (as with any other Pokémon but more so for glass cannon's like Aegislash is).

Aegislash is also one of my new favorites. When I first saw honedge I was a bit disappointed but then I seen what was probably the most coolest ability next to protean in aegislash. I have one on my x copy and on my y copy.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Pikachu. When I was a very young child, it appealed to me the way it did to most children who watched the show. As I got older, I began to disregard it as the boring mascot, and developed more creative favorite. Not that Pikachu was ever close to being my favorite, but it definitely lost significance.

Pokemon Amie was the biggest thing I looked forward to when XY was released. I usually take my sweeeet time adding team members. Yet when I learned that I couldn't play Amie until I owned 3 pokemon (I only had Chespin and Fletchling), I just so happened to be in Santalune Forest and ran into a Pikachu as one of my first encounters.

The similarities of Santalune Forest to Viridian Forest, the NPCs including Shauna talking about how awesome it would be to find a Pikachu... I never owned RBY/FRLG, yet this all struck me as the opportunity I didn't have when I was younger. :) I had a lot of fun using Pikachu for the first time.

Years
  • I used to like Scyther a lot, but then forgot about him as well. Now he's back in my and I think it's awesome. + I don't need to evolve it because even if Scizor has other advantages, they both have a total base stats of 500.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Skiddo is my favorite of the new Pokemon. I was excited when I bred a shiny one on accident c:

Of the old Pokemon, I'm taking quite a liking to Durant. It's an overlooked Pokemon that I found was actually really fun to use. I'd heard good things about it back in 5th gen, but I never really tried it until recently. This thing takes out even fire types because it's fast enough!

I'm liking Rhyperior more, too. I always like his design, but now he's even funner to use because of Weakness Policy (even if it's a bit difficult to pull off).

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • It's quite interesting. I skipped generations 4 and 5, not because of the Pokemon therein but because of the series itself. I just got tired of the same ol' same ol'. I'm almost glad generation 6 is based on France, because one thing I'm certainly in love with is the aesthetics of this game.

By and large, there's a number of Pokemon from those generations (namely 5) that are really cool or cute, and I had to have them with me. Granted, there's still a lot of "I didn't miss anything" or "dang I dodged a bullet" mons, as well. Of course, every generation has these. Sigilyph and Emolga are new favorites of mine, and Ducklett is rather appealing, despite that I never played with it yet. I also like the chinchilla Pokemon, but like Ducklett, have yet to mess with them.

Newest love is Aromatisse without a doubt, though I'm a bit underwhelmed by how under appreciated it seems to be. That translates to I expected more fan art. D: Flabebe's line deserves a shout out. Fennekin, who I snubbed at first on grounds of being a Vulpix knockoff turned out to be really cute, and now there's room for both of them. It helps that Fennekin evolves into something totally different, much to the chagrin (and my pleasure) of those who really did expect a Vulpix 2.0. Or, you know, you could just go get a Vulpix?

I'm still not with everyone else on the Goomy train, but I'll admit the line is charming and Goodra is just as cute, if not moreso, than Dragonite. It'll take some time before I'm completely won over.

Overall, though, I like a lot of the Generation 6 Pokemon, about the same as I do Generation 3, which makes me feel that "less is more" isn't just an old saying.

Finally, as for older Pokemon, I've always liked everyone (just about) in Generation 3, so it'd be a given that I'd enjoy them here. While I still prefer Kirlia, Pokemon Y has given me some new appreciation for Gardevoir for some reason. I'm not sure why. Probably the scenarios that play out in my head more than anything else. Same thing goes for Roselia, who I've always liked for its design, but never really played with until now. Mawile has always been great, no surprises there. I also still prefer Flaaffy by a long shot, but I do like Ampharos's Mega Evo.

Nothing can or will replace Nidoran/ina, though. Amie doesn't set a case against them, either. I literally laugh when playing with Nidorina, and Nidoran Female is just adorable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    I am loving the new pokemon I think Goodra looks nice

Looks calm and everyone loves a good dragon type. Best of All Are All These funnny memes people post all over the web of its pre evo goomy

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I had a Dragonair in Firered and now in Pokemon Y it's more beautiful than ever :) I have re-fallen in love with Dragonair!

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I used to not be very fond of water type starters, but my friend gave me an Oshawott, and when he grew up to be a Samurott, I dunno why but I just had to take back what I thought about water type starters. Samurott is AWESOME. ::>u<::

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    Although I didn't get any "renewed love" for the older generations X and Y introduced some unlikely favorites of mine.

These include: Scatterbug and Spewpa, Bunnelby and Diggersby.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I forgot to mention in my post a few weeks back - I never really played much of B/W so didn't have much experience with that generation. However a while ago I encountered a Whimsicott in a wifi battle and it became a case of "OMG WHAT IS THAT I WANT ONE NOW!"

Only to find out it evolved from Cottonee which I previously thought was one of the stupidest looking Pokemon ever. Lol.

But anyways, X and Y gave me a new favourite Pokemon, even though it's technically from gen 5.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Mawile when she gave me a high-five in Pokemon Amie.

I'd hug the DS if physical proportions allowed me too.

Years
  • For me, my love for Blaziken has returned now that he has a cool new mega form. Because Blaziken hasn't been cool since the Hoenn region ended, at least for me anyway. But ever since Gliscor and Leafeon were created I don't need a new pokemon.

waningGrimalkin

Level 5 Spin Ninja
    Years
  • Heliotile.
    I raised mine up to level 70 before evolving him. I couldn't find the sun stone needed, and was to lazy to look it up. Plus, he was adorable(and completely useless) as he was. I even cleared the elite four with him! The reason I had him is because I wanted one of the new pokemon on my team. So, he just kinda stayed there. I even taught the little guy surf, because I didn't want to get a water type to replace him.
    He was named Hetalia.
    So much love.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    Believe it or not- Zubat. I was looking for a Pokémon to teach Fly, so I ran into Zubat cave and grabbed a Zubat. She has stayed on my team ever since, and has even helped beat the League.

Back