• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I expected nothing and was still disappointed.
    New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

Legit?
    Jesus ****ing christ dude, did you have to post something completely spoilerish in an unrelated thread? There's a rumor thread for a reason.

Thank god they're most likely fakes.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    If they are going to still give Fennekin that branch as it's staff for it's last evolution, I am done with Pokemon (I am kidding xD). I demand a epicoolish staff with crystals and whatnots.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Looking at it again, the eye on the hilt kind of reminds me of Soul Edge. A far less menacing version of Soul Edge, but Soul Edge nonetheless.

Now I'm going to grab a Honedge/Doublade and run around the pokemon world screaming about shards of the evil sword and the infinite power that they've bestowed upon me. Or something.

The only complaint I have is it's name. Honedge sounds much better than Doublade, so it's disappointing that it goes from good name to not so good name. I love the pink, though!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've been pronouncing it as Do-blade myself. It sounds kind of French too.

Probably why I don't have as much issue with the name. Do-blade sounds so much nicer than duh-blade.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
    Years
    I'm not really a big fan of this. As everyone else said, it's two Honedges. I think it'd be cool if they used a bit of creativity for the evolution method (maybe get two Honedges to the same level? It wouldn't have one evolve, it'd just fuse the two and keep one Honedges' attacks and one's stats / nature, maybe.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I double checked the picture of the back sprite and it appears the extra bit is part of the first sheath.
    yeah it could be maybe its the beginnings of a third sheath or shield? and if it is a shield they could implement stances similar to forms with an offensive where the two swords are out front and a defensive one with the shield at the front? i think that could be pretty cool

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe the final evolution (it it has another) will be made up of two Doublade's like Metagross is two Metags fused (now Gen III did it right with Pokémon made up of the same kind as Metagross's line looks distinctive from one another and not like three magnets put together...)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Doublade is kinda meh. Doublets/triplets usually look uninteresting. However, if they were thinking of giving him an evolution, I believe that, instead of turning him into a bigger, sharper sword, this was probably the safest idea.

Years
    Doublade bwahahahaha. That is all. Seriously, multiplying up Pokemon evolutions is starting to get old. Would've been cool if they were sword and shield, with an interesting backstory like Slowpoke and Shellder.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I just woke up and saw this. Is it a sin to say I love it?! I'm just glad Honedge has an evo. I though Honedge was gonna be a stand alone pokemon which I tend to dislike.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
    Poor helioptile and flabebe

I don't really mind it because it looks sweet in battle and if it's the work of satan that's better than eating souls out and stuff, as for the child friendly, in pokemon B2/W2 Ghetsis literally tried to kill you. And something that relates to torimian and the King of kalos, maybe knights used those as weapons? xD As for slowpoke and shellder does that thing on the tail look like a shellder? And why does it move up to the head?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Doublade bwahahahaha. That is all. Seriously, multiplying up Pokemon evolutions is starting to get old. Would've been cool if they were sword and shield, with an interesting backstory like Slowpoke and Shellder.
    Well only Gen 1, and Gen 5 really did it (Gen 3 sort of did but Metagross can be forgetable as it was unique in that it didn't have multiple heads xD), and now 6 so 3/6 isn't really very old. However it's not very creative either to have them in the first place...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Well that was unexpected, not exactly the evolution I was thinking they'd reveal. Honestly was hoping for a Helioptle evo. Doublade is alright looking I guess, I was expecting something cooler for Honedge's evolution but this isn't too bad...I guess. Like Mageneton and Klinklang all over though, they just added another Honedge and extended it's design a bit.

Though a more of a positive note, I noticed one person on their Facebook page noted it looks like a coat of arms:
    What's to hate? If you look closely, it's based off of a Coat of Arms. It's state of existence can be explained by it's typing, and if you ask me, it's typing alone reminds me of old Horror movies. This thing is awesome, and anybody who thinks otherwise doesn't think about the immunities it has, the fact it goes with the Poke-France theme, or the fact Magneton is outclassed by this thing due to logic. This thing came to be from two swords which were near people as they died in battle, in which they absorbed some spiritual essence. That's far more reasonable than the non-existent backstory to how Magnemites came to be. Where Magnemites and Magnetons made by extraterrestrials? Man? A rogue computer program gone wrong? Some strange form of natural life? None of that is explained. I'm not saying Magneton sucks, I have a shiny level 66 one on my White 2, and it does a great job at knocking out a lot of stuff. I'm just saying at least Doublade has a back story, and a rather haunting one at that

This explanation makes me like it a bit more. If you notice it has sort of a shield thing behind it. At least if it evolves more into a coat of arms , then I'd love it more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Was definetly hoping for Helioptile or Bunnelby evolution.
    I don't think it's a bad design but.. it just doesn't interest me. I never liked Honedge to begin with (sorry guys!) but I will admit Doublade is better looking. Even so I can't find myself to care about this.

Back