• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Okay I'm not sure if this thread has been made as of yet;
    I was doing a little digging into Hihidaruma, Now my first thoughts on this pokemon were, wow a fire monkey, unoriginal and it's ugly, now I still think its ugly. BUT I don't think its Unoriginal other than its typing. XD I translated the name correctly I believe;

Hi = Fire?
    Daruma is a type of doll from Japan where it has 2 discs for eyes and when you fill in one eye it means you start a goal, and when you fill in the other it means you completed the goal. So this is what I have so far..

firefiredaruma. A pic will make this easier to understand.

[New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked
    [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

From the pic of hihidaruma and the daruma doll I notice the patterns on the stomach, and the eyebrows, and ofcourse the monkeyish look of the daruma doll.
    I wasn't sure if this was done yet, if it has been please lock this thread :D
    This is from Pokecharms:
    "Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ), the Flaming PokeMon, is a pure fire-type, 1.3m tall, weighs 92.9kg. It has an ability called 'Encourage', and we know eff-all about what it actually does.

If you wonder what it's based on, it's based on a Daruma doll, a toy modeled after Bodhidharma (hence the name, Hi, fire in Japanese, plus Bodhidaruma), founder of the Zen sect of Buddhism. According to Wiki, 'Daruma has a design that is rich in symbolism and is regarded more as a talisman of good luck to the Japanese. Daruma dolls are seen as a symbol of perseverance and good luck, making them a popular gift of encouragement.'. Also, supposedly, at the end of the year, all the Daruma are brought back to the temple they were purchased from for a traditional burning ceremony. "

This is from Bulbapedia:
    "Hihidaruma is a portmanteau of the words ヒヒ hihi, baboon, and 火達磨 hidaruma, body covered with flames."

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It also seems to bear physical resemblance to the lion-dogs that show up so often in sculpture. I don't feel like Googling them right now, so I'm not going to draw connections at the current time.

Years
    i like the symbolism and cultural references behind it, but strictly as a pokemon, it just doesnt do it for me. the whole culture-reference fire monkey thing has been done already *cough son goku/infernape*

maybe when i get a chance to use it, ill appreciate it more. but i need to use one in order to be an accurate judge

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Wait, so from Hihidaruma, there's:

Hi - fire
    Hihi - baboon
    Hidaruma - body covered in flames
    Daruma - doll on which appearance and ability is based.

Wow, they really put a lot into those japanese names, don't they! I wonder if there's this many sub-meanings for any other Pokémon...?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Pokemon Analysis; Giaru

I did a small analysis on one of the newly revealed pokemon, Giaru.

Here's what I found out:

Giaru
    Type: Steel
    Species: Gear Pokemon
    Abilities: Plus or Minus
    Height: 0.3m
    Weight: 21.0kg
    Physiology: The structure of dual cogs, each cog has it's won face, but only one visible eye as the other is a white x. Each also has a large, circular green nose. The inner face of eac cog is brownish green while the ouside is a bright gray.
    Known Move(s): Gear Saucer - Works like Twineedle and Fury Swipes and hits multiple times.
    Genders: Genderless

Speculation:
    - May have counterpart since it has both Plus and Minus abilities, which infact both correspond to activate in Double Battles only.
    - The cogs rely on one another to see properly since they only have one eye each and perhaps even to evolve.
    - Gear Saucer might be a Steel Type move.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I'm not gonna lie that was a waste of time, and i really didnt like the video.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Er, yeah.

Nice attempt, but this would have been more useful as a post in one of the existing threads.

Or at least having posted this video in one of such threads.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    I thought it was interesting. You put much more thought into it than I did. I liked how it looked too, and I can't wait to see if you're right!

Years
    how is this useless? she basically made her own prediction about more 5th gen pokes and was making a valid point about this particular pokemon and its ability, ohhh i dont know, kinda like THIS ENTIRE FORUM HAS BEEN DOING FOR 3 MONTHS. :D

i hope it does evolve into a more complex gear/mechanical pokemon personally. and it needs to stay a pure steel type. because A. mawhile sucks and B. registeel is so broken and overused its rediculous

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love how all of the new Pokemon have new Attacks and/or Abilities!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I just realized today is Saturday. :P So Pokemon Sunday is tomorrow, right? Meaning a possibility of MORE pokemon and even MORE info on the ones we currently know about, right?

No. Pokemon Sunday very rarely has Pokemon news before everyone else. They're all usually leaked on CoroCoro or the like, which iirc is usually on Thursday.

they look 4000 times better then generation 4

Hooray, more haters. It's getting fun wondering if they actually hate the 4th generation Pokemon or if they just don't like them because they changed it now it sucks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What will chiramii evolve into ? I'm scared
    Hopefully not something fugly and/or useless. I guess it might be available towards the start of the game so to me it seems like it will evolve into a semi-powerful pokemon.
    I'm thinking the same - however I think it will serve a Togepi type purpose, just not necessarily given as an egg. Considering the professor has one... it COULD have a Pikachu type role, too. I'm thinking if you help out the professor or something early on, she could ask you to look after her Chiramii or something. I think it could be very rare to find in the wild, or just not found anywhere.

Also noting that it WAS the first non-legendary, non-starter, non-Lucario-type released. (Well, first one of the scans released, but there could be a reason for it.) I think it could be representative of the games - and maybe, like in R/B/Y, in the third version being the starter Pokemon, for those who are indecisive about the current ones. And, as a result, you could obtain the other starters throughout the third game. I dunno, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm thinking a Pikachu/Togepi role, so it will have a good evolution imo. Then again, this is only speculation, but knowing Pokemon, likely.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Wait, is there any confirmation of Chiramii actually being like that? It just seems like a normal pokemon that appears in the wild to me :/
    Lucario typed? Well, Zoroark and Zorua are very different from Lucario and Riolu, and I don't see any similarities other than them being bipedal, but I guess that counts.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, from featuring in the movies, they'll most likely be like Lucario. Just obtained a different way. Or at least that's the general thoughts.

And comfirmation of Chiramii being the professor's Pokemon? Yes. Everything else is is purely speculation.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Because you're right, the entire forum has been doing it for months.

It's a forum.

It's easier and more logical to make a post and read one than to make or read a video.

The point of videos is to demonstrate visual content, not literary.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Because you're right, the entire forum has been doing it for months.

It's a forum.

It's easier and more logical to make a post and read one than to make or read a video.

The point of videos is to demonstrate visual content, not literary.
    ...err, what? Isn't it pretty much the same if you post a video with words and posting on PC anyway. I actually think the video concept is fine, as long as he added an explanation as to why he's doing it. He's just making an analysis, so why isn't a video allowed? I mean, the staff made YouTube embedding in posts available for pretty much this reason.

Anyway, to the original poster; this is a pretty interesting video. I like the depth in which you looked at Gear from the little information we got from it. I agree with all your points, especially it's ability. I think that it's going to be 50/50 either way. So half the gears will have plus while the other half will have minus.

Back