• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Isn't that exactly what I said?
    lol, sorry... the red text took all my attention.
    New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

Bay

Years
    Serebii just posted a new Pokemon, Wakoishi. Can't copy and paste the pic from the site, but it kinda looks like a blue version of Carvanha D: However, Serebii says it might be a fake, so it's not confirmed it's real just yet.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Serebii just posted a new Pokemon, Wakoishi. Can't copy and paste the pic from the site, but it kinda looks like a blue version of Carvanha D: However, Serebii says it might be a fake, so it's not confirmed it's real just yet.

Angry face Wakoishi looks pretty weird.

It seems like a Gigiasu prevo because of the red spikes.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

To be honest, that reminds me of Gigaisu, if only for the red stones protruding from his body and their eyes. Both of their bodies are shades of blue as well, so I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they were related to each other.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

oh my God it is SO CUTE. I hope that's real and the plant fake, cause really that is so cute omg.

Bay

Years

To be honest, that reminds me of Gigaisu, if only for the red stones protruding from his body and their eyes. Both of their bodies are shades of blue as well, so I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they were related to each other.
    Now I think about it, guess you two are right that it could be a Gigaisu pre-evo. I don't know, it's hard for me to tell if it's a fish or a rock from that pic, though. XD However, kinda also waiting that Pokemon is confirmed.

Years
    Straight from Pokéjungle:
    Its name is 'Wakoishi'. *If any of you are curious "koishi" means 'pebble'
    It could be a pre-evolution of Gigaiasu,they look too similiar to disagree. Plus this pre-evolution is unusually small,do you think there will be a first evolution then to Gigaiasu?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I initially thought it was a fish... a piranha actually but I guess it does look like a pre evo to Gigiasu... it's cute. Is this our Geodude?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think it is our Geodude, and Gigiasu is our Rhydon/Rhyperior. I actually like the idea.
    Edit: Maybe they mixed the Geodude parallel with our Rhydon parallel

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Okay, so this definitely sorta proves my theory that the base forms would look sorta silly, but the evolutions would look badass. I guess this is tolerable.

Really? I think it looks adorable how it's so small but it has that >:( face.
    It may be one of my new favorite first stage pokemon(I can't imagine this not being first stage) alongside Pudgeon and Smugleaf.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Wakoishi is the little angry rock on the left. So it's name contains the word for pebble, Koishi. Many people think its a Gigaiasu prevo.

I can see the visual similarities, but what about the name similarities?

Gigaiasu's name may have been derived from ギガス Gigas, a term used to describe a race of chthonic (Earth-associated) giants in Greek mythology, and ガイア Gaia, a Greek Titan and mother of the said giants.

So a pebble turns into an Earth Giant. Neato.

Most likely the angry pebble starts to develop a shell, and then that it develops it even more when it turns into Gigaiasu. I think that Wakoishi is a basic form pokemon and Gigaiasu is a Stage 2 pokemon.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    It's looks quite fierce indeed. ;D

And yeah, it actually doesn't really look that bad this time. I doubt it'll be the region's Geodude though. I guess you can call it that to an extent, but looking at Gigaiasu, it look far too strong to be your Graveler or Golem. It looks far too superior to be on their level. >o

It is superior because its pure rock, thus it has less weaknesses.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Personally, I believe there will be a middle stage. It just seems like a HUGE difference. =

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's looks quite fierce indeed. ;D

And yeah, it actually doesn't really look that bad this time. I doubt it'll be the region's Geodude though. I guess you can call it that to an extent, but looking at Gigaiasu, it look far too strong to be your Graveler or Golem. It looks far too superior to be on their level. >o
    That's it, I'm definitely getting Gigaisu if that pre evolution is real.

I agree, it doesn't look generic enough to be "that one pokemon". It looks like it will be found in caves only, I can't imagine it being in a desert like Geodude was iirc.
    It is superior because its pure rock, thus it has less weaknesses.
    By that logic wouldn't Sableye be better than Mawile? We'll have to see the stat spread first.
    Personally, I believe there will be a middle stage. It just seems like a HUGE difference. =

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a middle evolution. Clamperl didn't have a middle stage to become Gorebyss or Huntail.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Yeah there most likely is. It looks like Wakoishi is going to develop some sort of outer shell by using the surrounding earth and rocks. Gigaiasu looks like his actual body is covered completely.

That's it, I'm definitely getting Gigaisu if that pre evolution is real.

I agree, it doesn't look generic enough to be "that one pokemon". It looks like it will be found in caves only, I can't imagine it being in a desert like Geodude was iirc.

By that logic wouldn't Sableye be better than Mawile? We'll have to see the stat spread first.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a middle evolution. Clamperl didn't have a middle stage to become Gorebyss or Huntail.

It has to have a middle evo. The amount of development between Wakoishi and Gigaiasu is enourmous.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Umm, I'm assuming Corocoro won't live up to the hype. Usually the first scans to leak are the most exciting and if that page is he most exciting we've been over hyped...

Back