• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I am very glad that Darumakka ended up having legs. It looks much, MUCH better that way.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I am so glad the plant is fake. Darumakka also looks a lot better now. XD

Tabunne does look a bit like a Miltank pre-evolution but I doubt it will be. Random pink thing on two legs evolves into cow?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Darumakka looks a lot better then he did in those fake screenies earlier this week. Basurao also looks pretty neat.

New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

From PokeJungle:
    - Demo takes place in and around Sekka City
    - When you start the demo you get one of the starters, Shikijika, and Zoroa
    - Which starter you get and what season you play during is random
    - Mijumaru has a high attack stat (they speculate that it's final evolution is indeed Water/Fighting)
    - Shell Blade: Physical / Base power: 75 / Accuracy: 95 / Slight chance to lower defense
    - Pokabu has high attack and HP but low defense
    - Nitro Charge: Physical / Base power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 / Chance to raise your speed
    - Grass Mixer: Special / Base power: 65 / Accuracy: 90 / Chance to lower opponent's accuracy [Very similar to the attack 'Octazooka']
    - Shikijika knows the attacks: Leech Seed, Take Down, Scary Face, and Double Kick
    - Zoroa's ability Illusion is confirmed to only affect appearance, does not emulate type or attacks. It knew the attacks Fury Swipe and Faint Attack
    - Darumakka is confirmed as being in the demo and is Hihidaruma's prevo. *It doesn't seem to have arms or legs shown at all times. First image.
    - Basurao has a rectangular jaw with the top half of its body being green and the bottom half being grey. Writer compared it to Carvanha. Second image.
    - Tabunne is the 3rd image and is the normal type we heard about yesterday.
    So the random season theory came true if it works that way in the main game :). Hey look the little fuzz ball has legs and hands like it's evo :)

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    Tabunne is adorable! I really want to see a bigger picture of it.
    Basurao looks pretty cool to me, although I've never been a big fan of fish Pokemon. I'm excited to see the rest of its evolutionary line.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    What? No. You didn't understand what he said.

He said that the starters and the season was picked randomly just for the demo. That doesn't mean it will be that way in the game.

What? No. YOU didn't understand what Magma said.

Magma said that the theory of random seasons might come true if it is the same in the main game as in the demo.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    What? No. YOU didn't understand what Magma said.

Magma said that the theory of random seasons might come true if it is the same in the main game as in the demo.

I didn't. I thought he said "So the random season theory came true, it works that way in the main game :)"

O_O... E-P-I-C!!!!!!

Aww... Darumakka looks like a little troll... :3...
    What about the new rodent Pokémon in the CoroCoro? On the down-right?
    IMO it looks a bit scary :S

That was revealed either last week or the week before. The sprite for it looks horrible but the Sugimori art actually makes it look decent.

Years
    I love sturdy's new ability but it will make the replacement of geodude all the more annoying. In competitive battling it should be good and as a pokemon on your in-game team.
    *Points to Fake Out and Stealth Rock*

Even if Sturdy Pokemon start being used as leads, there could be an increase in the usage of Fake Out Pokemon, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If SR remains as popular as it is, it won't be too special imo.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    *Points to Fake Out and Stealth Rock*

Even if Sturdy Pokemon start being used as leads, there could be an increase in the usage of Fake Out Pokemon, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If SR remains as popular as it is, it won't be too special imo.

All Sturdy really does is make Forretress and Magnezone better.

Bay

Years
    Tabunne I thought it looks cute, but the sprite makes it hard to determine which kind of species it is to me. Want to see its official art now. D: Darumakka looks more adorable with arms and legs I have to say. XD As for Basuaro, looks a bit weird to me but for some reason I like it. :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Damn it, I loved Wakoishi, why did he have to be fake ;__;

At least Basurao looks really nice :D
    There's something I really don't like about Tabunne, I guess I'm the only one though.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Luck: You are not the only one that thinks something's wrong with Tabunne. Am the only one that thinks Tabunne's sprite was more bright than the other Pokémon in the picture? And from the angle of the picture, I doubt it was the flash.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Umm, Tabunne DOES look like a Teletubby, and I wouldnt be surprised nor disappointed if it was fake.

Years
    I didn't really notice the lighting difference on "Tabunne" before, but I think there is something wrong with its stance. It looks like it's about to fall over or it's slanted backwards or something. The sprite just doesn't look right. I'm pretty certain it's fake and I hope it is too because I don't think it's very cute and so far I pretty much loved the rest of the pokemon.

Back