• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokemon and IV Training for Sun and Moon

Years
  • I'm not so sure about that, I don't ever use anything except regular pokeballs anymore and have no difficulty catching even legendaries with over half their hp left, been that way since gen v when one of my friends was struggling to catch a legendary (I forget which) as he kept making it faint after wasting a tonne of ultra balls, after he reset I threw a pokeball at it right off the bat and captured, played all of gen vi- x, y and oras with only pokeballs being used as well.

Well, if one wants to only use a specific type of Poke Ball when catching Wimpod, due to its ability False Swipe is a no-go since knocking it below half HP makes it run away. Status inducers really will shine when trying to catch that little guy.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • The new design are just childish... We want something that intimidate us... such as Gen I and Gen II, come on.......

Years
  • The new design are just childish... We want something that intimidate us... such as Gen I and Gen II, come on.......

We haven't had many evolutions shown yet, so that likely explains your thought on a lack of intimidating new Pokemon. Also, it has been said that Sun & Moon will be a "return to simplicity" and a lot of the new Pokemon designs shown heavily support that statement.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • We haven't had many evolutions shown yet, so that likely explains your thought on a lack of intimidating new Pokemon. Also, it has been said that Sun & Moon will be a "return to simplicity" and a lot of the new Pokemon designs shown heavily support that statement.
    Now you gave me hope for this next gen, because I lost it back in Gen 4 onwards... I respect everyone's taste but I didn't like those designs* provided in this thread...

P.S. What's a cute Buttercup avatar you got there, so cute hahahahah

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
    Years
  • OMG!!! Wimpod is my by far most fav of all new ...
    I have been waiting for a Bug/Water since suskrit...
    Hope it has an Bug/Water evolution too.

I even liked Mimikyu but i wanted it more like Ditto and also the horse is not bad

Years
  • OMG!!! Wimpod is my by far most fav of all new ...
    I have been waiting for a Bug/Water since suskrit...
    Hope it has an Bug/Water evolution too.

You remind me when I used to own a Ruby & Sapphire strategy guide which mistakenly said Masquerain was a Bug/Water-type, so it did kinda disappoint me when I evolved a Surskit in my Ruby and found out it traded the Water-type for Flying-type.

Hopefully Wimpod can actually retain its typing when it evolves since Masquerain was a missed opportunity.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Considering Surskit is the only Bug/Water type Pokemon, it would be nice to see a fully evolved Pokemon with the same typing. I think that particular type combination is great and depending on the evolution, I'd definitely end up using Wimpod if it did retain the Bug/Water type. On a similar note I think the Bug Pokemon for this generation are going to be some of the best. I'm pretty sure we've still got a few more to be revealed but so far both Bug type and Fairy type Pokemon definitely seem superior.

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
    Years
  • You remind me when I used to own a Ruby & Sapphire strategy guide which mistakenly said Masquerain was a Bug/Water-type, so it did kinda disappoint me when I evolved a Surskit in my Ruby and found out it traded the Water-type for Flying-type.

Hopefully Wimpod can actually retain its typing when it evolves since Masquerain was a missed opportunity.

i had mistaken the same thing.. hopefully wimpod will be a success
    they can even add an mega evo to masquerin making it bug/water again

Years
  • seems like nintendo and GF have given up on stopping hacking and trying to promote VGC. ah well. i hope they put some limits on hyper training. seems a bit silly to turn a non-competitive pokemon into a perfect one suddenly. i'd rather have an IV swapper so u can switch IVs around. However i guess it's easier to adjust for HPs now :P

Years
  • Considering Surskit is the only Bug/Water type Pokemon, it would be nice to see a fully evolved Pokemon with the same typing. I think that particular type combination is great and depending on the evolution, I'd definitely end up using Wimpod if it did retain the Bug/Water type. On a similar note I think the Bug Pokemon for this generation are going to be some of the best. I'm pretty sure we've still got a few more to be revealed but so far both Bug type and Fairy type Pokemon definitely seem superior.

I do agree in that we've got a lot of interesting Bug-types, and I think 5th Gen was the start of Bug-types getting good with all the unique Bug Pokemon that generation gave to us. Then 6th Gen only had one Bug-type line but Vivillon is a cutie with a very interesting wing patterns gimmick. Now we get a very awesome-looking early Bug-type line, first ever Bug/Fairy Pokemon and now a Bug/Water outside of Surskit.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Ayeee I'm loving the new Pokémon. Hyper Training sounds really cool too... and not like Super Training at all.

Loving Comfey and Bounsweet... Comfey's a Pokémon I've honestly been hoping for with Sun & Moon, leiii. <33 Comfey's definitely earned a spot on my team, heck, maybe even Bounsweet too. That description though for Bounsweet is pretty sad. ;_;

Years
  • Well, if one wants to only use a specific type of Poke Ball when catching Wimpod, due to its ability False Swipe is a no-go since knocking it below half HP makes it run away. Status inducers really will shine when trying to catch that little guy.

My point was more that catching Pokemon isn't particularly hard providing they don't have a move or ability that guarantees escape, regardless of the pokeball used. There are also moves and abilities that prevent escaping, so use one of them and then false swipe if you have to, but bug types are generally easy catches.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I'm not sure they fully considered the implications of IV training. IVs aren't just stats, they're analogous to a Pokemon's DNA. They get passed down in breeding, and changing them means changing your Pokemon on a more fundamental level than just leveling or EV training.

I think IV training weakens the metaphor. Like real creatures, some Pokemon have higher or lower potential in some aspects than others. Introducing IV training gives the impression that IVs are simply another means to gaining a competitive advantage, when they're really a subtle but important part of what makes the games so convincing.

Back