• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen new rotom forms

Whats your FAV Rotom form? (If Any)

• Total voters
Years
  • I like the unique type combination, although I don't really like most of the formes, most of them are pretty ugly, but Rotom-C (Lawnmower) is pretty funny, at least.

I honestly don't see the Rotom formes very often, besides Rotom-H who is incredibly popular for scaring away Scizor and Lucario. I hate Scizor and Lucario with a passion, so I suppose that the Rotoms are at least useful for something. :P

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    I like the unique type combination, although I don't really like most of the formes, most of them are pretty ugly, but Rotom-C (Lawnmower) is pretty funny, at least.

I honestly don't see the Rotom formes very often, besides Rotom-H who is incredibly popular for scaring away Scizor and Lucario. I hate Scizor and Lucario with a passion, so I suppose that the Rotoms are at least useful for something. :P

aww
    but wuts rong w lucario n scizor?
    i luvs them

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • me i think they are Nintendo worst attempt at making new forms
    seriously its just ...

washing machine what the hell isn't good for anything and doesn't help anyone failed attempt #1
    oven whoa that's just...being lazy good for fat Pokemon trainers who cook their food failed attempt #2
    fridge another appliance good for fat Pokemon trainers failed attempt #3
    a fan good for overweight fat Pokemon trainers who want to loose weight failed attempt #4
    a lawn mower no comment EPIC FAILURE #1

Sorry about that i just hate the rotoms forms..just doesn't fit in...
    Is this the intelligence of Pokemon fans? Ovens are not just used by overweight people, and neither are fridges. A fan has absolutely nothing to do with being overweight or food, so you don't make any sense. Fail. Oh, and washing machines do help people. They clean clothes. Epic fail.

How is a lawn mower an epic failure? The only epic failure I see is that you listed "#1" twice. 5 comes after 4, not 1. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • aww
    but wuts rong w lucario n scizor?
    i luvs them

Lucario is ugly and looks too much like a furry. I used to like Scizor, but nowadays they're massively annoying and nearly all of them have the same move-sets, so they're pretty boring to battle... I don't find them interesting anymore. >_>

But anyway, I agree with D_A that Rotom-H and Rotom-W are the most useful. I suppose Rotom-C is alright, as well as Rotom-F if you have Hail support (Abomasnow), but Rotom-H and W are usually the best since they scare off many common pokemon. Rotom-S is the one that I've almost never seen since it's pretty awful compared to the others, too bad there aren't any better Special Flying-type moves that they could have given it instead.

The Rotom formes don't look like regular pokemon, but I find them interesting and quirky, and not stupid like some of the new pokemon that look like bad Digimon designs.

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • I like the oven form because of it's claws and the lawnmower form because it looks like a go-kart, I still prefer the normal form though. Btw, anyone else notice something?

Castform = Weather (Except Sandstorm)
    Rotom = Appliances

Both have forms that change to a certain thing, guess they wanted to make "another" Castform, at least it's pretty innovative and a great addition. :)

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • Nintendo...what were you thinking when you made Rotom? Washing machine, oven, lawnmower, fridge--but no T.V. The idea is decent enough though. Yes, they do have good stats and are able to scare off quite a few Pokemon, but...I just wish they were better designed. Ah well...might as well train one for the heck of it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2009
    Aside from the fact that they're based off household appliances, I think Nintendo designed them pretty well ;>

I agree. The new forms being modeled from household appliances is pretty stupid, however, I like there actual appearance.

Years
  • The creators just probably thought. "Hey, let's make a Pokemon that can be used around the house as appliances! Yeah, that's a good idea..."
    And then, Rotom was thought up.
    I honestly don't think Rotom's forms are at all bad, I think it was creative. I think the reason for it was to give Rotom more elements.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'm pretty fond of all of them, but the LAWUNMOWAR ROTOM is probably my favorite (just like everyone else).

I think it's because the Lawnmower looks kind of... I don't know... crazy? Like it would go on a rampage through the streets, grinning maniacally the entire time. If we could only find out a way to steer the darn thing while it's going so fast...

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I think the Rotom forms are cute, and something I'm looking forward to in Platinum. To be honest, I have no interest in competitive battle, so I'm not picky about a Pokémon's usability/battle potential. I think Rotom's forms are a nifty little addition, plus I'm a big fan of anything that reminds me of The Brave Little Toaster. :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    I love them and I don't care what anyone else says. My favs are the Fridge the Washer Machine and the oven

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
  • I dont really like the new rotoms, BUT..... if hes a eletric type and say he goes washing machine mode would he be a water electric?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    We all wished that the types would change but if you think about it, most of the items are made of metal. And in the Lawnmower, he is cutting grass, not made of grass.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • The lawnmower it kind of owns..
    Once Platinum is out I'll play it until I get to that part which will take months or weeks.
    You all do realize that you can't just get them after you get so far in the game, right? You have to get the Secret Key via Wifi that lets you get into the room with the machines, and there isn't even a release date yet.

Rеd

Indigo League Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    As a long-time Pokemon player, I can say these Rotom forms perfectly represent the divergence newer pokemon designs have made from the old style.

They are boring in concept, childish in appearance, and gimmicky in execution. But I make no illusions that this style change was not purposeful; it is why I'll be playing firered and leafgreen for quite a few years to come.

Sad really.
    Red

SilverTheIronKnight

Enigma Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • CA
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    As a long-time Pokemon player, I can say these Rotom forms perfectly represent the divergence newer pokemon designs have made from the old style.

They are boring in concept, childish in appearance, and gimmicky in execution. But I make no illusions that this style change was not purposeful; it is why I'll be playing firered and leafgreen for quite a few years to come.

Sad really.
    Red

Thats an... intelligent sounding opinion

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2013
    They're cool looking but at the same time completely fail due to the fact that THEY'RE NOT POKEMON.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    I actually like them... I think it was a really creative idea for a pokemon and besides that they all make me laugh.

Back