• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Totem Pokemon confirmed: Totem Marowak!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    New Totem Pokemon confirmed: Totem Marowak!

Looks like Totem Salazzle will be taking a rest on the bench while a new totem will be taking her place: Totem Marowak! What do you think about the change? Personally, I would have preferred Salazzle, unless somehow Marowak is holding a Thick Club. And also, the totem aura it gives out will raise its speed by 2, which could make this thing a bit of a challenge.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Totem Salazzle was a complete joke in both of my playthroughs of Sun/Moon. I have high hopes of Totem Marowak being a challenge with a Thick Club and the +2 Speed.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I?m actually glad they replaced Salazzle with Lurantis. Kiawe?s trial lacked in numerous places, and challenge was one them. T-Salazzle was probably one of the easiest Totems, so hopefully Marowak will be harder (especially if it has Thick Club).

blue

gucci
    Years
    Glad of this change, would've been boring to keep all of the same Totem Pok?mon. I wonder what Totem Pok?mon will be at the end of Mina's trial, Comfey perhaps?

Years
    Glad of this change, would've been boring to keep all of the same Totem Pok?mon. I wonder what Totem Pok?mon will be at the end of Mina's trial, Comfey perhaps?

I do admit Marowak as a Totem seems to be better than Salazzle, at least to me.

I could see Ribombee probably being Mina's Totem since it was her ace Pokemon (since it was her Z-Move user) when you battled her in the postgame of S/M.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I do admit Marowak as a Totem seems to be better than Salazzle, at least to me.

I could see Ribombee probably being Mina's Totem since it was her ace Pokemon (since it was her Z-Move user) when you battled her in the postgame of S/M.

I approve of totem ribombee.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Im glad they aren't just recycling the same totem pokemon, and I think (hope) Totom Marowak will be harder than Totem Salazzle. Totem Salazzle was a joke if you had a water type.

Years
    Im glad they aren't just recycling the same totem pokemon, and I think (hope) Totom Marowak will be harder than Totem Salazzle. Totem Salazzle was a joke if you had a water type.

Salazzle was even more of a joke if you had a Mudbray, since Salazzle was 4x weak to Ground.

I will be intrigued to see which of Marowak's stats will get boosted from the Totem aura. My guess is probably Defense or Sp. Defense since it may still be early on.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Salazzle was even more of a joke if you had a Mudbray, since Salazzle was 4x weak to Ground.

I will be intrigued to see which of Marowak's stats will get boosted from the Totem aura. My guess is probably Defense or Sp. Defense since it may still be early on.

if it has speed, it will definitely be very difficult to defeat because, as you mentioned, it will be an early-game totem. It would out speed most things and because its fully evolved, it will have an advantage there. So probably defense or special defense to make it slightly more passive.

Years
    if it has speed, it will definitely be very difficult to defeat because, as you mentioned, it will be an early-game totem. It would out speed most things and because its fully evolved, it will have an advantage there. So probably defense or special defense to make it slightly more passive.

As we saw with the infamous Totem Lurantis, having a Speed-boosting Totem Aura was definitely a dick move on GF's part, because that Lurantis had powerful moves, tough allies and outsped literally your whole team. I mean, I heard of that thing even outspeeding a Crobat, which is supposed to be one of the fastest Pokemon in existence.

It makes sense early-game ones only have a defensive stat affected, since Gumshoos/Raticate and Wishiwashi had a +1 Defense boost. And even then, the Normal-type totem was easy to beat with a Makuhita and Brick Break TM.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    As we saw with the infamous Totem Lurantis, having a Speed-boosting Totem Aura was definitely a dick move on GF's part, because that Lurantis had powerful moves, tough allies and outsped literally your whole team. I mean, I heard of that thing even outspeeding a Crobat, which is supposed to be one of the fastest Pokemon in existence.
    Totem Lurantis was definitely very difficult for me. I forget how I beat it, but I enjoyed the challenge for sure. Perhaps a dick move, but it made the game harder in my opinion. which is definitely a necessity.

It makes sense early-game ones only have a defensive stat affected, since Gumshoos/Raticate and Wishiwashi had a +1 Defense boost. And even then, the Normal-type totem was easy to beat with a Makuhita and Brick Break TM.

Although the +1 defense boost on Wishiwashi made it harder to beat because of helping hand and aqua ring support

Yea the normal-type totem was easy, even without the Makuhita. But I think thats intentional and probably good. It allows players to get accustomed to the game.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Alolan Marowak sounds like a good totem but Salazzle was pretty cool too.

I hope Mallow's totem is changed to Tsareena but feel it may stay the same.

Easiest Totem for me was Wishiwashi. I beat it with an adorable Petilil.

For a hard Totem they could have Totem Salamence if the Dragon user has one. It will be tricky especially if Ice types are unavailable at that point.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years

That's...unlikely, to say the least. Saying that Ribombee will be Mina's totem is like saying that Araquanid would be Lana's totem, Palossand would be Acerola's totem and Smeargle would be Ilima's totem, when the truth is none of the totems were actually used on their teams (well, Ilima's totem was Gumshoos in Sun, but his team had Yungoos on it). If anything, I would most likely expect something like a Totem Comfey or something, or even possibly a Totem Mawile.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

An image from the official Ultra Sun/Moon website confirms that Marowak's Totem boost is +2 Speed.

Years
    That's...unlikely, to say the least. Saying that Ribombee will be Mina's totem is like saying that Araquanid would be Lana's totem, Palossand would be Acerola's totem and Smeargle would be Ilima's totem, when the truth is none of the totems were actually used on their teams (well, Ilima's totem was Gumshoos in Sun, but his team had Yungoos on it). If anything, I would most likely expect something like a Totem Comfey or something, or even possibly a Totem Mawile.

I feel the Totem always seem to be either a 7th Gen Pokemon or Alola Form, so that would definitely rule Mawile out.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Totem Salazzle was a complete joke in both of my playthroughs of Sun/Moon. I have high hopes of Totem Marowak being a challenge with a Thick Club and the +2 Speed.

It probably depends on your team, but totem Salazzle got utterly destroyed by my Mudbray in my playthrough. Definitely the easiest totem battle.

Years
    It probably depends on your team, but totem Salazzle got utterly destroyed by my Mudbray in my playthrough. Definitely the easiest totem battle.

Totem Kommo-o is also a joke if you have a powerful Fairy-type such as Primarina. That was what happened, one Moonblast and that thing was down.

Back