• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New type?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well we could have the Lunar-type (fits REALLY well and balances out Dragon/Normal too)

Moon type:
    Clefairy - Fairy/Lunar
    Clefable - Fairy/Lunar
    Deoxys - Psychic/Lunar
    Mega Solrock - Psychic/Fire
    Mega Lunatone - Psychic/Lunar
    Cleffa - Fairy/Lunar
    Jirachi - Steel/Lunar
    Rayquaza - Dragon/Lunar
    Cresselia - Psychic/Lunar
    Darkrai - Dark/Lunar
    Elgyem - Psychic/Lunar
    Beheeyem - Psychic/Lunar
    Luneon (Eevee evolution promoting Lunar-type) - Lunar

That's like at least 12 Pokemon changed. Fairy-type didn't have too many changes, and really, we have a lot of Pokemon FROM space. Why else have the whole substory of Rayquaza in space and then suddenly have Pokemon Moon?

Lunar type-effectiveness:
    Supereffective against Fairy
    Supereffective against Psychic
    Supereffective against Ghost
    Supereffective against Normal
    NVE against Fighting
    NVE against Steel
    NVE against Fire

Lunar-type weaknesses:
    Fighting
    Dragon
    Fire
    Normal

Would be pretty balanced, give Normal an actual purpose.

I think of it as Fairy being akin to the earth and Lunar akin to space. Therefore, what's in the space can actually... stop the magic of the earth (same for Psychic). Ghost is the same, it is a earth thing, and space, being wide, trumps it. Manmade things protect us in space. So Steel is definitely something that can block but not stop space. Humans can be defeated by what's in space, however using their brains they can also beat what's in space through science (Normal). The space can't defeat those that fight it, so Fighting is NVE, and super effective against. Fire wins because the sun is the biggest thing in space. Dragon beats it because Dragon needs a purpose (like Normal) and Rayquaza and other Dragons can be in space with no problem whatsoever.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It's way too soon to implement a new Type. If they feel the Type chart needs balancing (which I personally feel it doesn't need much at all), they can just tweak the resistances and weaknesses, like how they removed Steel's resistances to Dark and Ghost in gen 6--so in that regard, they don't need a new Type. There are also a good number of unused Pokémon Type combinations, so they don't need a new Type to help give some fresh Typings to Pokémon, either. I can almost guarantee that a new Type so soon after Fairy will just feel forced (and may actually be harmful to the games' balancing, in all honesty).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm pretty confident that there won't be a new type. Remember that they'll only add new types if one particular type is becoming too dominant in the metagame. Steel and Dark types were introduced to counter Psychic types, and Fairy types were introduced to counter Fighting and Dragon types. What I can see them do, at the very least, is adding/removing resistances and weaknesses from pre-existing types to help underused types to have a larger presence in the metagame such as Ice and Rock types.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • What I can see them do, at the very least, is adding/removing resistances and weaknesses from pre-existing types to help underused types to have a larger presence in the metagame such as Ice and Rock types.

I agree, and I will add "bug type" !! More good Bugs please, and new moves. Oh and improve the bugs that already exist.

Pls do something with Ledian <3

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I think adding a new type wouldn't be a great idea, for reasons that everyone else has already listed! It really does come down primarily to the fact that we hardly actually have any fairies yet and they should probably focus on fleshing that type out in the next generation. In particular I want to see what they can actually do with fairies because I thought the ones they added in Kalos were a little one-note and I'd like to see some more creativity.

On top of that, I'd like to see just a little more balancing between the types. Last generation was cool and all (hooray for poison being useful!) but a variety of types are still a little ... terrible, particularly defensively. Ice needs help and rock could do with losing a bit of offensive power in exchange for being a bit less easy to counter.

Also, more fire types and unique type combos! And other things.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    I would love to see a Dinosaur type since we actually have a fair amount of Dinosaur Poké's.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I agree with everybody that there is no need to have a new type as of yet as Fairy still feels very lacking to me. They need to make more of them and nerf (and buff) some types yet.

Although if they're going to introduce a new type, it's probably some spacey-type. Like Cosmo.

Snoopyfish

10% Dog - 90% Fish
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    For there to be a new type now would be kind of uncalled for?
    I mean, everything's balanced the way it is right now.
    Maybe there will be some type changes to the Pokémon who need it the most, but nothing new.

Years
  • I still know how much people are speculating Sound-type, but I think the current system is balanced enough. The main focus needs to be introducing more for Fairy-types since they are the newest type and they need some expansion.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • As stated prior, I honestly doubt we'll get a Light type considering within the narrative of the Fairy type, any pokemon which could be classified as 'Light' type would also be counted as Light types.

Years
  • Sand type: Weak against Water, strong against Flying? Sandhsrew, Sandile and Stunkfisk etc.
    Bone type: Weak against Ground strong against Fairy? i.e Duskull, Cubone and Mandibuzz etc.
    Heh, just a few suggestions.
    However I would like more "fantasy" types: Dragon, fairy etc. Maybe...Troll type?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Ground is ineffective against Flying, Sand would be as powerful as electric, because birds can't fly in a sandstorm and weak against water because it would...melt?

Well I take that Rock is like sand then since it's super effective on Flying type.

Sand is mostly grounded rocks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah I kinda think the same way as MarinoKadame RE: sand type. We already have ground and rock. I've noticed most of the elements aren't tied too close together and I think sand would really interfere in ground and rock existing as they are. I've always thought ground and rock could be combined but they seem to exist fine on their own. Adding sand into the mix would just make us need Pokemon with three different types (which I would not like).

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Maybe an new trait for Bug types called "Sub-Types". You know, Bug types have some variant strengths and weaknesses. Anything to cut down the number of Bug/Flying types. I'm getting quite tired of those.

I'd like to see unique traits of other types, but I think Sub-Types should be a Bug type thing. Its the only type I think might need it.

Back