• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Ghyst, a avid pokémon fan and a huge Rowlet lover

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been out most of this month due to computer issues, but have finally made it back.

Extending warm welcomes to anybody who has joined recently too.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    Hi all! I'm new to the forum but an old timer when it comes to Pokemon! :D

Let's just say I was in grade school when Red/Blue first hit shelves in NA, and I've been hooked ever since! Have yet to miss a generation, and don't plan to start now ;)
    I go by Hyro aka Hyrulistic, Hyro pronounced like "hero".

Happy to be here, looking forward to exploring the communities and making new PokeFriends! 😊

Years
    Hi all! I'm new to the forum but an old timer when it comes to Pokemon! :D

Let's just say I was in grade school when Red/Blue first hit shelves in NA, and I've been hooked ever since! Have yet to miss a generation, and don't plan to start now ;)
    I go by Hyro aka Hyrulistic, Hyro pronounced like "hero".

Happy to be here, looking forward to exploring the communities and making new PokeFriends! 😊

Hello, Hyrulistic, and welcome to the forums!
    It's great to see more old timers joining Pokécommunity. I too have been into Pokémon since Generation 1! I saw the craze over Red / Blue all around me at the time, and I sure wanted to get in too!

I also am always up for new friends! Feel free to look around, and we are here if you have any question!
    Did you play Red or Blue (or both ? ), and what was your starter ? Is it (still ?) your favourite pokémon ?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    I got Blue version (blue has always been my favourite colour), and eventually "convinced" my brother to get Red version ("think how much fun I'll have... I mean you'll have... being able to complete the Pokedex!!)

And since blue is my colour - and Blastoise was right there on the front - I was team Squirtle Squad, still special place in my PokeHeart! :D

Overall favourite PKMN is a tough question, I'll admit that Gen 1 'mons tend to rank higher personally since I've known them the longest! But...if I had to pick only one, and also wanted to spread the love around.... it would probably be Rhydon :D Another great team member, I was excited to see when it finally got a Stage 3 but wasn't as much a fan of how blocky Rhyperior looked 😭

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    (I've since been trying to see if I can "grow to like" Rhyperior since it's here to stay... but Rhydon still ranks slightly higher for me personally ;) )

Years
    I got Blue version (blue has always been my favourite colour), and eventually "convinced" my brother to get Red version ("think how much fun I'll have... I mean you'll have... being able to complete the Pokedex!!)

And since blue is my colour - and Blastoise was right there on the front - I was team Squirtle Squad, still special place in my PokeHeart! :D

Overall favourite PKMN is a tough question, I'll admit that Gen 1 'mons tend to rank higher personally since I've known them the longest! But...if I had to pick only one, and also wanted to spread the love around.... it would probably be Rhydon :D Another great team member, I was excited to see when it finally got a Stage 3 but wasn't as much a fan of how blocky Rhyperior looked 😭

Neat! That way, you two could get the full pokédex!
    Likewise! Charizard has always my top favourite pokémon from the start, and I loved watching Ash's being badass in the anime and first films!
    That is nostalgia, definitely. ^^
    Rhydon sure looks cool! I also am less fan of the final evolution, to be honest.

What other games have you played after Blue ?

Back