• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years
Hello Sake-kun, and welcome to the forums!
It is great to see more new members who have been into Pokémon since childhood! Which generation did you start with ?
If you are preparing a fan game, you might want to have a look at the related section, to look for help, to showcase what you have so far, ...
Best of luck with your project!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Since this seems to be the closest to a "introduce yourself"-type of deal here, I might as well get this over with.
Hello. I have as many names as the amount of masks I've worn, but this one shall be the one this forum shall know me by.

I've had a connection with Pokemon as a phenomenon since pretty much the childhood, and even as I hath moved on from Pokemon as a game franchise a couple of years ago, the former never truly wavered as years went by... instead, it was strengthened. As such, there is one thing that is important to know as to motivations behind my arrival here.

I'd want to make a fan game that would combine the simple & approachable aspects of Pokemon with the intensity & complexity of Shin Megami Tensei. I have already started what I have dubbed the Extradex project where I try to envision new native species for regions that didn't have their own pokemon lineup, with Oblivia being the first set to have its concept designs completed, as in I am in the process of drawing sprites for them now. Whether that shall bear fruit or not, who knows?

I hope my time here doesn't turn out like the two previous ones elsewhere.
Though if the worst comes to pass, I'm sure I'll have a contingency plan to conveniently disappear. After all, I tend to come & go as I please.

Hello there Sake-Kun and welcome to the PC!

You mentioned something about other forums? The people here are pretty friendly!

Do you have a favorite among the Pokemon you've made?

bstiggy98

Pokémon Collector
Days
Hello everyone, just joined tonight and wanted to say hi.

Been playing Pokemon since Red and completed my first games living Pokédex in Scarlet and Violet, all three of them (minus the Violet Blueberry paradox mons)!

Currently working on getting the national dex in Home completed, I've got tools for everything but three mythicals so wish me luck lol

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years

Been playing Pokemon since Red and completed my first games living Pokédex in Scarlet and Violet, all three of them (minus the Violet Blueberry paradox mons)!

Currently working on getting the national dex in Home completed, I've got tools for everything but three mythicals so wish me luck lol

Hello there and welcome to the PC!

Congrats on the living Dex! Which Mythicals are you missing? I've got some extras, so maybe I have a spare I can give you?

Do you have a favorite Pokemon?

Years

Hello Bstiggy98, and welcome to the forums!
It is great to see more new members who are long time fans of Pokémon joining PC. I started with Red too! Which started did you pick back then ?
Good luck on getting the national Pokédex completed!

bstiggy98

Pokémon Collector
Days
Hello there and welcome to the PC!

Congrats on the living Dex! Which Mythicals are you missing? I've got some extras, so maybe I have a spare I can give you?

Do you have a favorite Pokemon?
I'm missing the elusive marshadow, volcanion and zarude.
They're gonna be the hardest to get by a long shot I've come to realize lol

If I had to pick one favorite I'd have to pick Charizard, started with Charmander and loved the line ever since.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I'm missing the elusive marshadow, volcanion and zarude.
They're gonna be the hardest to get by a long shot I've come to realize lol

If I had to pick one favorite I'd have to pick Charizard, started with Charmander and loved the line ever since.

Charizard is awesome! My friend and fellow greeter (who has also said hi) also loves that line!

Hmm, I agree, those are certainly the hardest. I've got a Marshadow and a Volcanion, but still no Zarude. I can touch trade you the 2 I have so you can at least chech them off in your HOME Dex atleast, if you'd like. (can't keep 'em though sadly :p)

bstiggy98

Pokémon Collector
Days
Charizard is awesome! My friend and fellow greeter (who has also said hi) also loves that line!

Hmm, I agree, those are certainly the hardest. I've got a Marshadow and a Volcanion, but still no Zarude. I can touch trade you the 2 I have so you can at least chech them off in your HOME Dex atleast, if you'd like. (can't keep 'em though sadly :p)
That's perfectly fine I don't want to keep them, I'm not gonna stress for a living dex with these rare mythicals. It's just enough to have them seen in the Dex for me

bstiggy98

Pokémon Collector
Days
Cool, we can talk about it more in a PM then! I'll set one up.
Sweet, I'm looking forward to it! Thank you

Hello Bstiggy98, and welcome to the forums!
It is great to see more new members who are long time fans of Pokémon joining PC. I started with Red too! Which started did you pick back then ?
Good luck on getting the national Pokédex completed!
Hi there, happy to be here! I started with Charmander back when I first played and never looked back on the line quickly becoming my favorite Mon to date lol and thank you for the good luck wishes

Years
Sweet, I'm looking forward to it! Thank you

Hi there, happy to be here! I started with Charmander back when I first played and never looked back on the line quickly becoming my favorite Mon to date lol and thank you for the good luck wishes
I merged your posts since they were in a row, but you can always reply to several users at once by quoting them. And you always have the Edit button if you want to podify your post after posting it. ^^

Charmander ? That is neat! Charizard's line is my top favourite since then too! Fire breathing, winged dragon Pokémon (even if this one is only Dragon type in one of its Mega-evolutions ^^) rock!

bstiggy98

Pokémon Collector
Days
I merged your posts since they were in a row, but you can always reply to several users at once by quoting them. And you always have the Edit button if you want to podify your post after posting it. ^^

Charmander ? That is neat! Charizard's line is my top favourite since then too! Fire breathing, winged dragon Pokémon (even if this one is only Dragon type in one of its Mega-evolutions ^^) rock!
I realized after I could do that when I saw that button 😅 still learning I suppose. But despite the gamefreak favoritism I still love my fire breathing lizard, he's just real cool to me.
The child like wonder kinda stuck I guess lol

Sake-Kun

8th Sin - Apostasy
Days
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
To answer the first question, my starting point was Generation 2 with Crystal. Or that is what remember the most vividly, I find myself struggling to remember parts of my childhood due to a certain thing that I will not disclose. Suffice to say, that generation has definitely left an impression on me, and years later I've ended up playing various fan games and rom hacks with Crystal's engine & style like Prism, Poke Wilds & Crystal Clear. I've been waiting in anticipation for the possible mod support for Poke Wilds.

As to the second question addressed to me in this thread, a particular part of the Extradex project that was exciting for me was designing the evolution lines for a series of Pokemon which would have a mechanic similar to the Famed race of demons from SMT IV when it comes to acquisition. The Pokemon from this Fabled egg group would all have 4 stages of evolution in return for them being more difficult to obtain.

There are 4 Fabled evolution lines planned to be in Oblivia Extradex, with all of them already having their Crystal-style front sprite done. I will likely go in further detail about the plans I've hinted at in its own thread down the line, including all the preparation I need to do.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Hello there Vaiida, and welcome to the PokeCommunity forum!

What brings you to the PC? If you're looking for something specific, I might be able to help point the way.

What is your favorite part of the Pokemon series?

Back