• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I only have sword for the switch and I don't have a team that I use. I swap out Pokémon all the time

Years
  • I only have sword for the switch and I don't have a team that I use. I swap out Pokémon all the time

Hello and welcome to the forums, Belly!
    If it is alright with you, I moved your post here since it was in another user's introduction thread.
    Swapping Pokémon all the time is an interesting way to play! How do you train them to get them to higher levels ?
    Do you still have favourite pokémon ?

Years
  • After about a year or so, I have returned yet again! I've almost left and come back as much as I've posted at this point!

EDIT: 17 years... I've been a member for 17 years!? My goodness!

Years
  • After about a year or so, I have returned yet again! I've almost left and come back as much as I've posted at this point!

EDIT: 17 years... I've been a member for 17 years!? My goodness!

Hello, Steve Z, and welcome back on the forums!
    It's neat to see members who have been on this forum for so long!
    Which Pokémon game did you play first ? And what is your Pokémon fansite about ?

Years
  • Hi everyone! I'm new here. Used to post on the Neopets forums way back in the mid-2000s when I was just a kid, and also spent some time on Animal Crossing forums around that same time. I otherwise haven't been much of a forum user but I miss the days of posting on boards and want to get back into it, and since I've been really into Pokemon again this last year or so, I'd figure this site would be a good place to start. Here's a bit about me, shamelessly copied from my public profile:

Iirst started playing the Pokemon games back in the early 2000s with Generation III, and have been with the series ever since. My favorite generation is Generation V (though I honestly think Legends: Arceus is the best Pokemon game), and some of my favorite Pokemon include Blaziken, Sableeye, Mawhile, Jirachi, Alolan Muk, and Hisuian Zoroark. I'm mostly a fan of the main series of video games although recently I have been getting into TCG and have built a few decks. Super excited for the release of Scarlet and Violet and the accompanying wave of TCG releases that will come along with it. Outside of Pokemon, my favorite game series are Mario, Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Persona, and Fire Emblem. I also have a bad habit of sinking waaaaaaay too much time into NBA2K. My other interests besides video games include NBA basketball (Go Nuggets!), listening to and occasionally making music, watching anime, cardio exercise, walking the dog, and spending time with my girlfriend.

Nice to meet you all!

Years
  • Hello, Ichigomon, and welcome to the forums!
    It's alright. I have never done much on forums, myself, before joining PokéCommunity 4 months ago! ^^

It is great to meet new members who are into pokémon since the first generations! What was your team in Generation 3 ?
    I agree with Generation 5 being the best, with lots of pokédollars to get and the best means to train pokémon, to cite a few reasons (but my favourite is still Generation 1... the nostalgia! ^^).

You can discuss Pokémon video games in the Pokémon Gaming sections, and everything TCG related in Pokémon Trading Card Game section! There is also the Video Games section to talk about all games not related to Pokémon. ^^

It is nice to meet you too!

Years
  • Hello, Ichigomon, and welcome to the forums!
    It's alright. I have never done much on forums, myself, before joining PokéCommunity 4 months ago! ^^

It is great to meet new members who are into pokémon since the first generations! What was your team in Generation 3 ?
    I agree with Generation 5 being the best, with lots of pokédollars to get and the best means to train pokémon, to cite a few reasons (but my favourite is still Generation 1... the nostalgia! ^^).

You can discuss Pokémon video games in the Pokémon Gaming sections[/URL], and everything TCG related in Pokémon Trading Card Game section[/URL]! There is also the to talk about all games not related to Pokémon. ^^

It is nice to meet you too!

My Generation III team? LMAOOOOO back in the day when I was just a kid I had a Blaziken, an Azumarill, and probably 4 others that I can't even remember because I basically only used the Blaziken to get through every fight and occasionally the Azumarill for double battles. What's even funnier is that I taught 3 HM moves to the Blaziken, Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash, and then his 4th move was Double Kick, and I'd just spam double kick to win every battle, so when I got to Phoebe in the Elite Four, all of my moves on Blaziken were either Normal or Fighting type, so I had no way to beat her. All of my other Pokemon were way too low level and I didn't know how to remove HMs at the time, so I never beat Pokemon Sapphire and had to wait until Pokemon Emerald to actually beat Generation III, hahahahaha.

Years
  • My Generation III team? LMAOOOOO back in the day when I was just a kid I had a Blaziken, an Azumarill, and probably 4 others that I can't even remember because I basically only used the Blaziken to get through every fight and occasionally the Azumarill for double battles. What's even funnier is that I taught 3 HM moves to the Blaziken, Cut, Strength, and Rock Smash, and then his 4th move was Double Kick, and I'd just spam double kick to win every battle, so when I got to Phoebe in the Elite Four, all of my moves on Blaziken were either Normal or Fighting type, so I had no way to beat her. All of my other Pokemon were way too low level and I didn't know how to remove HMs at the time, so I never beat Pokemon Sapphire and had to wait until Pokemon Emerald to actually beat Generation III, hahahahaha.

Hehe! It reminds me of teaching Cut to my Charizard in Red... no way to remove it, when it could have got a Earthquake... ^^
    About teams in Generation 3, I can relate! My Swampert just pummeled through every trainer, League included, with Surf, Strength, Ice Beam and Earthquake... One move, one foe down every turn (Dusclops excepted with their Detect move)! ^^
    Then I added Latios and Rayquaza to the team!

What about your team in Emerald ?

Years
  • Hehe! It reminds me of teaching Cut to my Charizard in Red... no way to remove it, when it could have got a Earthquake... ^^
    About teams in Generation 3, I can relate! My Swampert just pummeled through every trainer, League included, with Surf, Strength, Ice Beam and Earthquake... One move, one foe down every turn (Dusclops excepted with their Detect move)! ^^
    Then I added Latios and Rayquaza to the team!

What about your team in Emerald ?

I can't really remember what my team in Emerald was back in the day. If I ever play through the regular game, I usually start with a Blaziken and pick up a Shroomish or Lotad early on, and I always get Sableye. Otherwise, I try mixing it up a bit although I feel like early on in Hoenn there's not a whole lot of Pokemon I really wanna throw on my team. When I played through OmegaRuby, I borrowed my friend's copy of AlphaSapphire and traded a bit with myself so I could start off with Torchic, Mudkip, Mawhile, and Sableye, and that was pretty fun.

Kashmyr

The relentless catcher
    Years
  • Hi everyone !
    I am new here and I am French, so my English is not perfect 😅.
    I love pokemon since I am kid and my first game was Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, I don't remember what game exactly.
    It's been a while since I played Pokemon, but recently I installed an emulator and started playing hackroms.
    I love discovering new stories and new pokemons.
    I'll be playing a lot of hackroms and attempting challenges, so maybe you will read some of my posts in the future 😄.

Years
  • Hi everyone !
    I love pokemon since I am kid and my first game was Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, I don't remember what game exactly.
    It's been a while since I played Pokemon, but recently I installed an emulator and started playing hackroms.
    I'll be playing a lot of hackroms and attempting challenges, so maybe you will read some of my posts in the future 😄.

Hello, Kashmyr, and welcome to the forums!
    It is alright if your english is not perfect! There are more people who are not native english speakers here than you might think. ^^
    What team did you use in your first Pokémon game ?

I can relate! I started playing Pokémon with Red, and while I took a break after Generation 3, I never truly left, and started playing games again since a few years!
    What ROM hacks are you playing ? Have you tried some fan games too ? There are some great ones!
    By stories, do you mean fan fictions ?

This section is the one you might want to check for challenges!
    There is also some special fan games (like a certain Reborn) you might enjoy if you are looking for challenges, even without nuzlockes! ^^
    Good luck with the challenges you will take, and we look forward to hear more from you!

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi everyone !

Oh, hello Kashmir, welcome to the forums!
    Do you have any hackroms that you like the most/that you want to play the most?

Kashmyr

The relentless catcher
    Years
  • Hello, Kashmyr, and welcome to the forums!
    It is alright if your english is not perfect! There are more people who are not native english speakers here than you might think. ^^
    What team did you use in your first Pokémon game ?

I can relate! I started playing Pokémon with Red, and while I took a break after Generation 3, I never truly left, and started playing games again since a few years!
    What ROM hacks are you playing ? Have you tried some fan games too ? There are some great ones!
    By stories, do you mean fan fictions ?

This section is the one you might want to check for challenges!
    There is also some special fan games (like a certain Reborn) you might enjoy if you are looking for challenges, even without nuzlockes! ^^
    Good luck with the challenges you will take, and we look forward to hear more from you!

The team I used was the classic team with infernap, luxray, staraptor, the HM slave bibarel and I don't remember the last two pokemon.
    I started Pokemon light platinum on the gba and the hackrom is very cool.
    By stories, I meant the story of the game. I don't read fan fiction but why not start now ?
    Thank you for your kind welcome !

Kashmyr

The relentless catcher
    Years
  • Oh, hello Kashmir, welcome to the forums!
    Do you have any hackroms that you like the most/that you want to play the most?

I really enjoyed playing Pokemon Red Chapter and Pokemon Cawps when I was a teenager.
    Pokemon Cawps was my first hackrom.

Years
  • The team I used was the classic team with infernap, luxray, staraptor, the HM slave bibarel and I don't remember the last two pokemon.
    I started Pokemon light platinum on the gba and the hackrom is very cool.
    By stories, I meant the story of the game. I don't read fan fiction but why not start now ?
    Thank you for your kind welcome !

Nice team! Is Infernape your favourite starter ?
    You could also try some fan games like Insurgence, Zeta / Omicron, Solar Light / Lunar Dark, ... and Reborn (filled with top level battles and hairpulling puzzles!)
    Up to you!

Kashmyr

The relentless catcher
    Years
  • Nice team! Is Infernape your favourite starter ?
    You could also try some fan games like Insurgence, Zeta / Omicron, Solar Light / Lunar Dark, ... and Reborn (filled with top level battles and hairpulling puzzles!)
    Up to you!

Infernape is not my favorite starter, that's Eevee.
    I would play Pokemon Reborn after I finish Pokemon Light Platinum, because I have the feeling I have to try it.

Years
  • Infernape is not my favorite starter, that's Eevee.
    I would play Pokemon Reborn after I finish Pokemon Light Platinum, because I have the feeling I have to try it.

Cute starter, and so many eeveelutions to choose in!
    If you do start Reborn, you might recognize which of its character inspired me! ^^

Back