• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am new to this Pokémon forum, I hope it will be as fun and fulfilling as I had thought it to be.
    Your stay here becomes what you make it! As in, if you want to have fun, you will :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Hikamaru. ^_^ And for the awesome suggestion of where to post in.
    I'll definitely do that.

Welcome to the forum, Celestrian. :D
    Welcome yourself, Kenshin, spiffy avatar you've got there.

Years
  • Great to see you again Lazy! I was surprised you spent so long as a lurker because you get so much more out of being an actual member as opposed to just lurking, and I know for sure the forum will never disappoint you. Our massive ROM Hacking board has lots of great hacks you can play over in the Hacks Studio, and there's lots of variety so there's sure to be a fave. In fact, we're home to some of the best hacks made so you definitely will love what's there.

Anyways, good luck to you and I'll be sure to catch you later!

Thx for the welcome. Well, the fact that I've been a lurker much of the time is because I'm really strict and complicated about the rom hacks. Back in 2010, when i first registered, I tried many hacks and then said to myself that there are some things that I want the hack must have to be fun for me. The hack must not have fakemon, pokemon must have their proper cry, some custom music would be nice... stuff like that ( I know, it sounds like a im a boring guy but hey, im a perfectionnist...) I want the game to be very genuine, if u know what i mean. And also, I want the hack to be complete (sigh)... That doesnt leave much choices for me. Im pretty strict lol.
    See ya.

Years
  • Hello everyone, my name is Saad and im a Pakistani.
    I am a sucker for poke games but for some reason i still dont have OR/AS but for now super smash bros, pokemon x and art academy will have to suit my needs :p
    I for one, just want to hangout, trade, battle and ultimately have fun.

And if i may ask, is there a thread to talk about pokemon fangames.

Hi there Saad. (' ') Welcome to PC. X and Art Academy are plenty, though I admit I reaaally love OR/AS. Not too into Super Smash. Glad you got your questions answered already - hope you'll have an awesome time here!

Sup, I'm new and kinda not. I'm been visiting the forum since 2010-2011 but I never registered by that time. And it is also by that time that I learned about pokemon rom hacks. Then I found this remake of pokemon Crystal, liquid Crystal by LaZ , so I registered afterwhile. After making it to the end of the beta, I got bored, and stopped logging in for nearly 4 years, but still visited the forum for updates. Recently, I got in the mood of playing rom hacks, so I registered with a new email. So yeah, thats kinda it...

What's up and welcome, CMZ! Better late than never to join up, aha. We have plenty of new hacks compared to 2010-2011 so there are a lot of things to keep you busy but yeah.. Liquid Crystal was definitely one of my favorites too. Shiny Gold was especially fun years back since back then HG/SS hadn't come out yet.

Hey guys, hows it going :3

Hey Spyro. :') I've caught a cold.... again.. but otherwise things are all right. Hopefully you're doing well yourself.

hello, y'all. xD
    I go by the name of Kenshin I guess. o-o
    I'll have my profile fully updated by tomorrow.
    So my friend code stuff should be in there at the point.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of ya.

Hey again, Kenshin! Glad you're poking around and seem to be having fun, makes me super happy.

I am new to this Pokémon forum, I hope it will be as fun and fulfilling as I had thought it to be.

Like Doctor said, if you want it to be fun it'll be fun. Though I guarantee you we're an awesome community either way, heh. Welcome!

Years
  • I am new to this Pokémon forum, I hope it will be as fun and fulfilling as I had thought it to be.

Like Sheep and Doctor said earlier, you will definitely be in for a huge treat since we are fun but that's only the beginning, because there's so much to see! I'm always open for a visitor message if you want a friendly face to talk to, and I hope to continue seeing you around.

Years
  • Hey Spyro. :') I've caught a cold.... again.. but otherwise things are all right. Hopefully you're doing well yourself.
    You caught a cold? I've never heard of that pokemon.
    *insert canned laughter*
    Hope you feel better soon. I'm doing pretty well, except for the chronic back pains im way too young to be having. :x

Years
  • Hi, I'm very new and glad to be here– place looks awesome.

My name is Genevieve. I'm really laid back and open-minded. EDM has consumed my soul and I have no idea what I want to do after I graduate high school in June ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Pokémon was a major part of my childhood but I've been out of the loop in recent years, so I'm changing that, now that I have the time. Waiting until the 13th to pick up the new 3DS XL and copies of OR and X. My sister will be getting AS and Y.

Also! The amount of fonts available to use on this forum is really spectacular, hah. I'm a nerd. How's everyone doing? :)

Years

My name is Genevieve. I'm really laid back and open-minded. EDM has consumed my soul and I have no idea what I want to do after I graduate high school in June ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Pokémon was a major part of my childhood but I've been out of the loop in recent years, so I'm changing that, now that I have the time. Waiting until the 13th to pick up the new 3DS XL and copies of OR and X. My sister will be getting AS and Y.

Also! The amount of fonts available to use on this forum is really spectacular, hah. I'm a nerd. How's everyone doing? :)

Welcome to the forum. :) I'm new here myself.
    I think you'll have a great time once you get your games.
    Make sure to share your friend code around here once you get it!
    Anyway, hope you stay around. :D

Years

I'm doing great thank you Genevieve! I do have to say it's a very beautiful name, so feel free to compliment me on that if you think that's true.

As Kenshin said, I'm sure you'll enjoy your Pokemon games once you get them, as both X/Y and OR/AS are great. Pretty nice to see your sister will be playing alongside you as well, so you can easily trade with each other to complete your Pokedex. If you're looking for a helping hand to show you around the forums as well as learn more about the rules, do consider signing up for a mentor in the Adoption Center, plus it's a great way to make a potential first friend on the forums.

That's just a little suggestion from me, but take your time to explore the whole community and see what interests you. Well, I hope to see you around the forums and don't hesitate to message me on my profile if you want someone to talk to!

Years
  • I'm doing great thank you Genevieve! I do have to say it's a very beautiful name, so feel free to compliment me on that if you think that's true.

As Kenshin said, I'm sure you'll enjoy your Pokemon games once you get them, as both X/Y and OR/AS are great. Pretty nice to see your sister will be playing alongside you as well, so you can easily trade with each other to complete your Pokedex. If you're looking for a helping hand to show you around the forums as well as learn more about the rules, do consider signing up for a mentor in the Adoption Center, plus it's a great way to make a potential first friend on the forums.

That's just a little suggestion from me, but take your time to explore the whole community and see what interests you. Well, I hope to see you around the forums and don't hesitate to message me on my profile if you want someone to talk to!

Oh wow, thank you so much! :3c Nichole is a beautiful name too.

I'll definitely look into the Adoption Center before my two months pass by. I'm still exploring as of yet, but having a guide to tag along with around here sounds like a really nice deal.

Years
  • You caught a cold? I've never heard of that pokemon.
    *insert canned laughter*
    Hope you feel better soon. I'm doing pretty well, except for the chronic back pains im way too young to be having. :x

lmaooo thats my kind of humor
    But thanks, I hope I feel better soon too. </3 My neck and nose are all sore. Sucks about your back pains though, my mom had immense pain shooting through her back for about a week but it seems to have gone away.. still worrying though. Have you seen a doctor? D:

Hi, I'm very new and glad to be here– place looks awesome.

Genevieve is indeed a lovely name! Welcome to the forum. I felt the same way as you after graduating high school and now I'm a college graduate with little idea of where I'm going, oops. But that seems to be very common nowadays. Life will lead us all somewhere. :')

Years
  • lmaooo thats my kind of humor
    But thanks, I hope I feel better soon too. </3 My neck and nose are all sore. Sucks about your back pains though, my mom had immense pain shooting through her back for about a week but it seems to have gone away.. still worrying though. Have you seen a doctor? D:
    Oh, there's really no point. It's just the back I have. I've been dealing with it since I was like 12. :/

Years
  • Genevieve is indeed a lovely name! Welcome to the forum. I felt the same way as you after graduating high school and now I'm a college graduate with little idea of where I'm going, oops. But that seems to be very common nowadays. Life will lead us all somewhere. :')

Thank you, Sheep. {XD} Yeah, that's very true. Hopefully sooner rather than later, right?

By the way, I like your username!

Years

My name is Genevieve. I'm really laid back and open-minded. EDM has consumed my soul and have no idea what I want to do after I graduate high school in June ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Pokémon was a major part of my childhood but I've been out of the loop in recent years, so I'm changing that, now that I have the time. Waiting until the 13th to pick up the new 3DS XL and copies of OR and X. My sister will be getting AS and Y.

Geneviève, huh. Thats a french name... Do you use the grave accent on the 3rd e? Cuz where I live your name usually has the accent, or otherwise it would pronounced differently. Random question from random guy, i know... Anyways, have fun with the forum.

Years
  • Geneviève, huh. Thats a french name... Do you use the grave accent on the 3rd e? Cuz where I live your name usually has the accent, or otherwise it would pronounced differently. Random question from random guy, i know... Anyways, have fun with the forum.

Hey, yeah but I'm not French so I don't use the accent. 'Murica, yo.

Thanks. :D

Ultraman287

Saadi
    Years
  • Today pokemon alpha sapphire will bless its beauty upon me. :p
    Is this just pure luck because when i said i dont have pokemon or/as, i got it the next day.
    I should say i dont have games more often :p
    And i almost forgot thanks everyone for the warm welcome and welcome to the new comers after me. I hope each one of us has a great time.

Last edited:

Kenzo

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hi! I'm the_pokemon_ninja, But I'd really prefer to be called Kenzo :3 I've been lurking on this site for years and just now made an account :3

I'm pretty mellow, REALLY into Pokemon games, movies, anime, cards, basically anything Pokemon I love.

Games I currently play : Pokemon Red, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal (needs battery replacement ;_; ), Pokemon Silver (needs battery too), Pokemon Fire red, and Pokemon Emerald on emulator. :3

Yes, I have played the newer games, up to Black and White, but I am a ravenous nostalgia junkie, so I opt for Gameboy colors and Gameboy SP when I play. I am picking up the new 3DS on the 13th, but I don't want to get both ORAS and XY, so a suggestion as to whether to play the remake or the new region first would be appreciated :D

So how is everyone doing?

Years
  • Hi! I'm the_pokemon_ninja, But I'd really prefer to be called Kenzo :3 I've been lurking on this site for years and just now made an account :3

I'm pretty mellow, REALLY into Pokemon games, movies, anime, cards, basically anything Pokemon I love.

Games I currently play : Pokemon Red, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal (needs battery replacement ;_; ), Pokemon Silver (needs battery too), Pokemon Fire red, and Pokemon Emerald on emulator. :3

Yes, I have played the newer games, up to Black and White, but I am a ravenous nostalgia junkie, so I opt for Gameboy colors and Gameboy SP when I play. I am picking up the new 3DS on the 13th, but I don't want to get both ORAS and XY, so a suggestion as to whether to play the remake or the new region first would be appreciated :D

So how is everyone doing?

I'm doing very well thank you, Kenzo! About time you joined, although I did notice your account is actually three years old so it is still great to see you starting to get active again.

As for the choice between whether you want to play X & Y or Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, I guess it all comes down to which features you prefer. X/Y has the ability to customize your trainer, along with a huge selection of Pokemon to use before the postgame but OR/AS has you returning to Hoenn in its new 3D graphics along with having a story that's more expanded upon compared to the originals, and it has a postgame consisting of a new plot involving Rayquaza along with catching lots of legendaries.

X/Y is more for players who like fresh regions while OR/AS is better if you're into nostalgic elements, which I think might suit you given you only played the old generations. So I think out of the two, OR/AS might be the better option for you, but then again there's X/Y's exclusive features to consider so it all depends on what suits your preferences. Either way, I'm sure you will enjoy whichever one you play but be warned, be careful when using the Exp. Share since it will eliminate any "challenge" if you leave it on too often.

Anyways, I hope that was of assistance to you and if you ever need any assistance with forum questions, the staff members are always around for you! Have a nice weekend as well and I'll see you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back