• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    So I know this is offtopic but I just got my second DS, and I forgot how cool the touch screen it. (I sold my first one to get my PSP, but now I have the PSP and DS) Also the games I got with it are The New Super Mario Brothers and Sonic Rush. They are pretty great games, but I need some help to get some more good ones, I already beat Mario 64x4 and Wario Ware Touched!. Also who is excited about Final Fantasy III for the DS? Cause I know I am.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Mario Kart DS is a must-have. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is really good too. Maybe Metroid Prime Hunters, though I've never played it because Metroid doesn't really interest me that much. A lot of people like Castlevania, Animal Crossing Wild World, Meteos, and Kirby Canvas Curse too.

And you probably should have waited another three weeks or so to get it, since the DS Lite's coming out in June, and it's like 50x better than the regular DS, minus the fugly white color. XD

Years
    Tomasu-san said:
    So I know this is offtopic but I just got my second DS, and I forgot how cool the touch screen it. (I sold my first one to get my PSP, but now I have the PSP and DS) Also the games I got with it are The New Super Mario Brothers and Sonic Rush. They are pretty great games, but I need some help to get some more good ones, I already beat Mario 64x4 and Wario Ware Touched!. Also who is excited about Final Fantasy III for the DS? Cause I know I am.
    I would recomend Kirby: Canvas Curse, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, and Mario Kart: DS.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Here is what I recommend through experiences with my games and some of my friends.

These are some of the must haves:

Animal Crossing; I don't have it but I've played it and it's great.
    Mario Kart DS; a no brainer, get this game, it's awesome
    Advanced Wars DS; great game it's awesome, if you like strategy this is the game for you
    Mario and Luigi PIT; this is a great RPG game and it's funny
    Metriod Prime Hunters: I love this game, a lot of people like it because you can play online but the single player part of the game is awesome too
    Castlevania; it's 2D Castlevania on two screens, you must get this game if you like Castlevania, might be the best in the series

Don't get these:

Ridge Racer; just don't
    Trace Memory; it's OK but not good enough

So yeah those are my recommendations. I am also very excited about Final Fantasy III, I want this game so bad already, it looks awesome. BTW, how is New Super Mario Bros?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    It is really great, if you like the classic Mario games (Like SMB for SNES and SMB : The Lost Levels) But the one thing I am really pissed off about is that Bowser dies. How could they do that, and they kill him in the first freaking level. But they will probably just bring him back.

Also I have the first Mario and Luigi game for GBA and it is extremely fun, so I think that I may have to get the sequel, so thank for recommending it.

What about Metroid Prime Hunters game? Anyone buy that yet? I played the demo when I got my first DS and it looked good enough. But is it worth bying the full verson?

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Yeah, I like those games, I'm thinking of picking up New Super Mario Bros sometime this week.

Yeah, I have Metroid Prime, it's a very good game and I definetely recommend you get it, it is worth it.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    You really should if you are a fan of the old SMB games. Also I am hoping that Nintendo will come out with a Super Mario 64 type game for the DS but with a new storyline. You know that everyone with a DS would buy it so I don't know why they hesitate with making a sequel.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I personally enjoyed Partners in Time and thought it was even funnier than the first one. And the Bros. Items >>>>> Bros. Attacks.

The general consensus about Metroid Prime Hunters is that the multiplayer is awesome but the single player is mediocre. Hunters is apparently pretty much 100% first-person shooter and not as much exploration and adventure as the other MP games. But like I said, I've never played it, so you might want a second opinion. XD

Right now Meteos and NSMB are at the top of my DS Wish List for titles that are out now. I'm looking forward to Starfox DS, Yoshi's Island 2, Diddy Kong Racing DS, and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass too.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Morkula said:
    I personally enjoyed Partners in Time and thought it was even funnier than the first one. And the Bros. Items >>>>> Bros. Attacks.

The general consensus about Metroid Prime Hunters is that the multiplayer is awesome but the single player is mediocre. Hunters is apparently pretty much 100% first-person shooter and not as much exploration and adventure as the other MP games. But like I said, I've never played it, so you might want a second opinion. XD

Definetely, Bros. Items rock!

I think that you are partially correct, it is indeed more of a FPS than the GC games but exploration is definetely in the game. The single player is awesome and many revies have praised it even though it's not as good as the GC games but trust me, single player is not mediocre but it isn't GC Prime good.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    i want to join nintendo is better than all the other gaming companies eccept square enix
    but nintendos things are all original and that is something i like

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    MegaLightBlaze said:
    Here: Wii Confirmed launch titles
    ... I wish would have had either SSBB or SMG ready for launch.
    I'm not sure what launch titles I'm gonna get. I might have untill November to get one, and by then they might have more titles out.
    Thanks MegaLightBlaze, that link did help a good bit (at least 4 out of the 5 games we wanted at launch are launch titles).

Ueki Kousuke said:
    Wii will rox. Its gonna, playing the GC games on it. So cool.
    Well not only will it play GC games but you'll be able to download the NES, SNES and N64 games. So you'll be able to play all of them games on your Wii.

Tomasu-san said:
    Welcome to the group of ones who owns a DS and PSP. XD

My brother has SM64 DS and if you don't have the one on the N64 then getting that wouldn't be a bad idea (the mini games are also great). If you like pinball then look into Metroid pinball (I got that one). And you need to get Mario Kart DS. It's like the best DS game out there, it's fun, the battles are also fun and it's just an all around good game.

razer302 said:
    i want to join nintendo is better than all the other gaming companies eccept square enix
    but nintendos things are all original and that is something i like
    Welcome to the club razer302.
    And you're not the only one that loves Square's games (I like Nintendo better but I love Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games).

MegaLightBlaze said:
    I really want NSMB, but dad won't let me get it yet, but I think he might let me get it on thursday. I'm really looking forward to Yoshi's Island 2 and Phantom Hourglass... *Drool*
    My brother keeps going on and on and on about Phantom Hourglass. He only has one DS game (where I have three) so he really wants that one. XD

Lets see, last Sunday I picked up the New Super Mario Brothers (I'm almost flat broke again XD). It's like a blast from the past in the days where I played Super Mario World on the SNES (sadly my SNES doesn't work anymore). It's fun and has some new mini games that SM64 DS doesn't have (and SM64 DS has sone that NSMB doesn't) and it's good for a quick on the run level play. About the only thing I hate about the game is you can't save whenever you want. You got to beat a boss level or open up a path with your coins. And that's what sucks, I mean if I just want to play a level or two and then play MKDS I can't do that. I got to go beat a boss or use my coins. I know what they were thinking (Iwata even said something about it at E3), they want the whole "If you want to stop playing then just close your DS and open it up and play when you want to". It's not a bad idea (no loading up time or anything like that), but they didn't take into account that someone might want to play MKDS or a brother/sister wants to play his/her file but can't because you got yours going. That's my only pickings with the game, some says the levels are short but that's how they were back then. And I love the download play on the Mini-games and the Mario vs Luigi game mode (I had lots of fun playing them two modes with my brother last night).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    It finally sunk into my head that at the present moment, Nintendo once again doesn't have a Mario title present at launch. I think not giving gamers a Mario title at the GCN launch, but rather a Mario spin-of, wasn't a very bright decision. Nintendo has said over and over that they've learned from the GCN's dismal launch, and while they have lots of titles (although Nintendo denies almost everything on that posted list) - including Metroid and Zelda, which will make awesome launch games - it just doesn't seem right to have a Nintendo console launch without Mario (again).

Smash Bros. was promised to be a launch game, but now we know it isn't, at least give us Mario!

And we might get it, too! ^_^; I said above that Nintendo denies the majority of titles in that launch list as being launch games. However, Nintendo of Europe's comments on said list are rather interesting. NoE says that the only gaureenteed launch games so far are titles that include Zelda, Metroid, and...

MARIO

Is there another Mario game in development besides Galaxy? Because at E3 we learned that that won't make it for launch. So...what's up here? O_o

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Nintendo needs a Mario launch title so bad it's crazy (I'll get back to that in a min). I'm ok with SSBB not being a launch title, I think Nintendo did play it sort of smart on that one. SSBM was on the top 10 GC sells charts for almost 4 years (or was it 3.... it doesn't matter, it was on there longer then any other game), so you know SSB games sells well. But, you have LoZ: TP, everyone has been waiting ages for it and it likely has more pre-orders then any other game out there. Everyone is going to get it and you know it, that game alone is going to pull in Wii sells. It'd really suck if people had to pick SSBB or LoZ: TP. Many parents are only going to get their kid one game (I only had 1 GC game, 1 N64 game, 1 PSP game, 1 DS game, 1 GBC game, I didn't have the money to get another or my parents said I only needed one new game). So buy TP now and a month or so later get SSBB, to me not a bad move.

Now on to Mario. A big selling point of the NES was Mario, a big selling point of the SNES was Mario, a big selling point of the N64 was Mario, a big selling point of the DS was Mario (even if it was a port). Now, the GC didn't have Mario at the start, and I think it hurt the GC sells. We got some strange green dude that likes to suck up things (my brother said Luigi's Mansion was ok, I disagree because it was boring and I beat it 3 times in 5 days, that is a sad thing). Nintendo doesn't need to make the same mistake, they need to put a Mario game out there when the Wii first comes out. Mario games are the ones that shows what can be done with the controller and the system.
    Many of us know the Wii will work out great, some are still wondering how the controller will turn out. Mario needs to be there to welcome the new system. Shigeru Miyamoto really needs to make SMG a Wii launch title.

Edit: Nothing really big, but Nintendo said the price of the Wii won't be over $250 dollars (no shock there). So it's still anywhere from $199.95 to $249.95 (or something along them lines).
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6151827.html
    https://www.thewiire.com/news/335/1/Nintendo_Forecasts_Strong_Wii_Sales_Talks_Price

A little something on Miyamoto and the name of the Wii (also has a little bit of the PS3 controller in there).
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6151781.html

And a little something on Reggie
    https://www.thewiire.com/news/334/1/PostE3_Nintendo_Power_Interview_with_FilsAime

Big Edit:
    Some big news about Reggie, he is now the President of "Nintendo of America". Talk about some promotion (and he's been with NoA less then 3 years).
    https://www.thewiire.com/news/336/1/FilsAime_Promoted_to_President_of_NoA

Last edited:

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I agree with you guys that Nintendo needs a Mario title ready for launch, it's basically still the flagship even though they have "the best ever" Zelda game ready for launch which will indeed help but not as much as a Mario title and it's also going to be on the GC. I am very excited about the launch games on the Wii but I think Mario is a must.

I think we all knew it was going to be less than $250, $200-$400 seems very reasonable for me. That's good for Reggie, he got promoted and hasn't been there very long but I think it's well deserved, I hope the Reggienator makes the Wii a success in America, he has the DS doing well so I think he will also do well for the Wii.

Also if anybody wants a free 12 month subscription to EGM, here is the link:

https://www.zdmcirc.com/forms/EGM_051706_form.html

Just fill out the form and click the "Order FREE Subscription" button, after that it will take you to another page but you don't have to do anything on there, you still get the subscription free.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I don't know if SMG could out do LoZ: TP. Mario does have the upper hand on "We get that and it'll have the best use for the new controller", but the TP fanbase is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo large that SMG (and maybe even other games) might get pushed aside by TP. SSBM was the same way, people went out got games for their GC, but as soon as SSBM came out that game hit the ground running and took 4 years to slow down.
    To me it will come right down to (If people are only going to get one game at launch) an LoZ game (what else is there to say?) or likely the best use of the controller. You'll have younger kids get SMG and older ones get LoZ.
    But all of us hardcore Nintendo fans out here will get both because we find ways to as many games as we can. XD

I also hope Reggie takes Nintendo where the DS went, to the top of the sells chart. Sure we all knew it wasn't any contest with the DS and PSP (Microsoft is also going to get in the handheld market and they are not going to like it when they have to stand tow to tow with the big boy of handhelds. And if they get the timing right they will get the biggest of them all, the next Nintendo GameBoy). And the big system wars will be harder, but I think Nintendo has enough things to set them apart. And having Peter Moore and Phil Harrison (man I bet he felt stupid saying this, after the whole DS vs PSP thing) saying "Buy our system and a Wii" might just give them a little boost.
    Also I think NoA needed a face. we all know who Satoru Iwata is, we all know Shigeru Miyamoto is the face of Nintendo. But who here knew who Tatsumi Kimishima was? Some may not like Reggie, but everyone knows who Reggie Fils-Aime is.

I'd love that 1 year free subscription to EGM. But sadly my parents would just freak out if I signed up. <_<;;

I was bored so I made..... (this is to that part up there about both Sony and Microsoft saying buy their system and a Wii). XD

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

In other news...
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6151781.html
    That wouldn't be bad, I mean as long as my face isn't stuck on some crazy stick dude I'm fine. XD
    Really, that'd be pretty good for football games or FPS games and that sort of stuff, take a pic of your face and pin it up on the game.

Oh and who where wants to call me up on the Wii? XD
    https://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24657269&sid=6151872
    It's not a bad idea, even more so if you can talk when playing games (best for FPS games).
    Nintendo has some good stuff going for them, I just hope it all works out for the best.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Microsoft is really putting Sony out of the game. I mean saying that you could get a Wii and a 360 for the price of a PS3 might really be ticking Sony off, but hey, ya can't blame Nintendo for all this. :<

Peter Moore saying "buy a 360 and a Wii", yes, maybe he has a point. But now Phil Harrison saying the same thing with the PS3, WTF? Yes, with the whole DS vs PSP this does sound kinda weird. >_>;

And regarding the Super Mario Galaxy/Twilight Princess thing, I think they'll both be equal on release date and so on. Well, OK, Zelda may have a large fanbase, but we mustn't forget that the controls for SMG are so easy to use. I'm not trying to act biased here or anything, sure, TP will have some great controls too thanks to the Wii-Mote, but I think that SMG will be on the breach of outselling more than TP just a little bit.

Although we musn't forget Metroid Prime 3: Corrupsion also. Will it do well? I'm not very sure, but that Nintendo really made a big hit with these three games, they did.

Now something I'd like to bring up to also talk about, does anyone really want one (or more) of the DS Games that have been announced at E³? Dude, I'm soo getting Diddy Kong Racing (Diddy Kong Racing probably wasn't supposed to see the light of day for years, but I have it for the N64, and it's pretty good, but also Wi-Fi FTW XD), Starfox (A TOTAL FRIKKIN' MUST-BUY), and Phantom Hourglass. =DD

And BTW Arcanine, that GIF rocks. XD

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    More or less the games you named there.
    My brother wants Phantom Hourglass so bad, so he's getting that when it comes out. I want StarFox Command, Diddy Kong Racing, and Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (if it's any good), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (if it's any good), and Pokemon Ranger (if it's any good). That's more or less it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I'm waiting for Diamon/Pearl, no matter what. And, I hear FF:CC is pretty good, wonder how it'll use the new Wiimote. o.o;

But yeah, I'm really excited for SMG, I've seen some footage of it with the actual Wiimote being used, and hell it's easy and really fun at the same time. XD

Back