• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL

Years
  • Thread to talk about anything related to the National Football League.

I'll start the thread with.... Who's your team?

Chicago Bears for me, been a fan ever since I knew about the sport.

Where the football fans at?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Longtime Pittsburgh Steelers fan here. Looks like after today's game we are not going to get along.

To be honest, today's game was absolutely horrendous. In fact, the Steelers in general are horrendous so far. 0-3 start...not too happy. :(

Years
  • Longtime Pittsburgh Steelers fan here. Looks like after today's game we are not going to get along.

To be honest, today's game was absolutely horrendous. In fact, the Steelers in general are horrendous so far. 0-3 start...not too happy. :(

First off that was a great game. If Ben didn't fumble so much it would of been a much closer game. Good thing to take from tonight's game for you guys is finally saw some offense. Antonio Brown was a beast and that amazing catch. Play of the year candidate for sure.

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years

Living in the heart of Steeler Country, I can tell you many Steeler fans are not happy with the team this year. Me being a Texan fan (I am not a bandwagon fan, been a fan of the team since they where announced in 1999 (oh wow, its been that long?) and LA did not pull their end of the bargain to field a team) in the heart of Steeler Country I get some good conversations with Steeler fans while working for Pizza Hut. I just reassure the fans that not every year will be a great year and most will agree. Keep your chin up and keep cheering for your team because a real fan (oh god do I know) will support their team even during their bad years.

Years
  • The Steelers have looked just look downright awful so far, at least from what I've seen from them. I'd still give the Steelers the edge in London this Sunday.

Not all that different from the way my Vikings have looked. I started playing my DS midway through the 3rd quarter yesterday because things were that bad against the BROWNS of all teams.

Years
  • I hate how Broncos aren't going to be tested that much during the regular season. KC so far is the only matchup that can really give em a run but other than we'll have to wait playoffs till Manning and company gets some serious competition.

Years
  • ...speaking of KC, big Chiefs fan here. Having watched some of our games and the Broncos' as well, I'm not so sure that we can match up against them either this season. We've been getting a lot of help from our opponents in our wins, so hopefully the Giants keep playing the way they have all season this weekend!

Years
  • ^ Bengals, Who Dey baby. Hahahahahahahaha Pittsburgh, enjoy your horrible season. B)

Broncos are a scary team though. Manning is eviscerating every defense he sees. And he's like 36, IIRC.

Years
  • ^ Bengals, Who Dey baby. Hahahahahahahaha Pittsburgh, enjoy your horrible season. B)

Broncos are a scary team though. Manning is eviscerating every defense he sees. And he's like 36, IIRC.

They have a real good shot at going undefeated this season... Their division game against the chiefs in a couple weeks will determine if they could do it.

Years
  • Well, Cinci blew the game against Cleveland, lol. Oh well. At least the Steelers are 0-4.

And Denver dropped 52 on Philadelphia. They have to be the best team in the NFL right now. Their game against the Chiefs should be a great one to watch.

Years
  • Though I don't really follow NFL usually, after all the hype around me surrounding Ravens super bowl win last season (I live in Central Maryland by the way, if that matters and it probably does) I decided to watch couple of NFL games from now on. I'm not really a fan of any team though Denver broncos look very strong at the moment.

Years
  • I hate to say it, but the Chiefs' first half of the schedule isn't all that tough, as our wins have come over struggling teams like Jacksonville and the Giants, and only one of our opponents heading into our Week 10 bye is over .500 right now (that being Tennessee, who just lost Jake Locker for the next 6 weeks). I easily see Denver running away with the division, but hopefully we can rack up enough early wins to get us into the playoffs.

Years
  • If there's a team I am not a fan of, it's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
    I'm guessing you're pretty happy with how the season's turning out for them, then? Haha.

I keep trying to keep my expectations low with the Chiefs, but I don't think anyone would've predicted them to be the final undefeated team in the NFL, with a 7-0 start. And it's a little more encouraging after watching the Colts-Broncos game tonight that Denver isn't unbeatable, and they even looked shaky for a good portion of the game. Granted, we haven't been exactly playing the best football either (not on offense at least), but a win's a win, and any advantage we can get on Denver, we'll take it.

Years
  • Last time they were 7-0 they went 13-3 and 1 and done in the playoffs. I'd not be surprised if that were the case this year. Hot starting teams have a tendency to do that lately.

As for my Vikings, I'm expecting them to be 2-14 or something like that. They've just been downright atrocious and I find myself wondering how they managed to beat Pittsburgh in London.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • My team is the Baltimore Ravens. Been a fan of them since they moved in '96. Before them, I was just a fan of the sport, kinda rooting for my moms and grand dads team the Eagles.

Looking kinda like crap though as the reigning champs. Hopefully we can return to form the second half of the season. Also, if anyone has seen Ray Rice, please contact the Ravens or any fan. We've been missing him for a while and would like him back. Thanks!

datgreentea

nomnomnom ^^
    Years
  • 49ers! I was raised in California and have been a fan of the 49ers since the early Alex Smith days. Currently living in Minnesota, I personally love watching the Vikings get destroyed every weekend, as all of my friends are hardcore Vikings fans. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    anything related to the National Football League.
    anything related
    anything

This (vid below) is the only thing I really know about the NFL, as the very non-american non-american I am :p Do you guys think it's funny or that it is demeaning in some way? Haha, note that it's the first thing that comes up when I type NFL into youtube. I don't know if that is because I am in another country where the NFL usually doesn't really mean much. The vid itself is one of the most funniest things I know, in any case, but I maybe shouldn't build my view of the game on it ;)

Back