• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Game No Life

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Whilst SHAFT have been pretty poor in the last few years, sequels aside, they are infinitely better than Madhouse inn the same time. This and Mahouka are garbage, but they still better than a lot of the Other recent Madhouse stuff like that other magical school thing last season.

What is it that you guys actually like about this so much? Babby's first Chessmaster protagonist? The loli pantyshots? Self insert escapism? I think the MAL score is currently at something like 8.6 which is Baccnao/Jojo/Cross Game territory, laughable.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm just amused at how Sora is just so invincible.

He takes over a kingdom like there's nothing to it.

He beats a god-killer like there's nothing to it.

He hasn't lost a single game to anyone except for Shiro.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blank just never loses throughout the entire series.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Oh please, don't act like JoJo's some sort of a superior series. I love that series too. But it is just nonsensical fun. And NGNL is fun too. You'd see it if you took off your elitist glasses that magnify all its problems (aka loli pandering, incest fanservice, fanservice in general). Dunno about other series, but calling it laughable because it is in JoJo territory is laughable. Especially because both series are mostly ones that you aren't supposed to take very seriously and are fun fun.

Also, SHAFT is a good studio. :/ oh, and lol@filters and blah blah make it beautiful. It has a good art style. And it IS very colourful. Come on, there's gotta be a limit to how distorted a person's perception can be. Even if the content itself is purely otaku pandering low level bait to you, to deny the fact that it looks good visually at least is...wow.

Last edited:
    Years
    This was a pretty nice episode. I like how Madhouse went out of the way to turn a relatively touching Ending theme into something out of a horror show to heighten the emotional impact of the final scenes.

The Werebeast clans seemed to have taken the mantle of developing traditional technology from humans. I guess the constant warfare before unification helped spur a lot of tech advancement.

But yeah, that ending truly wrenches ones heart.

Also just noticed there's a whole bunch of shots focusing on certain things in the scene prior to the ending theme. Omega Good Job.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    The ending credits killed me inside with the static and the grey tone.
    Like how I reacted to that chapter (actually epilogue) at Vol. 2.

Goodness.

Akiba

Years
    I loved how they changed the ending to match the last scene. It was crazy. Amazing. Perf <3

derozio

Years
    The episode itself was great. The ending caught me off guard. Why, Sora?! WHAT HAPPENED?! :'( Did he, like, go back to the old world? Or is he having a talk with Tet or something in an alternate dimension? Doesn't explain the loss of memories related to Sora in everybody's mind, though.. :( I have no idea wtf's gonna happen. Can't wait to see the new episode.

Akiba

Years
    Read the manga/LN to find out. Teehee :3

It raises No Game No Life to a whole new level.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I need to find a different site for the LN translation though, but there's no way I am allowed to ask for links. xDD

Right now I have the OP stuck in my head. Dang beautiful piano pieces.
    Also, I have the ED stuck as well, but because of that ending credits, I can't listen to it in my head without imagining static everywhere. :'D

Akiba

Years
    The ending is so whispery <3

It's a treat to listen to. :) Even with the static

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Read the manga/LN to find out. Teehee :3
    Or...
    Wait for new episode!

I need to find a different site for the LN translation though, but there's no way I am allowed to ask for links. xDD
    I don't think someone else than Baka-Tsuki translates novels...

Right now I have the OP stuck in my head. Dang beautiful piano pieces.
    Also, I have the ED stuck as well, but because of that ending credits, I can't listen to it in my head without imagining static everywhere. :'D
    Static was brutally epic! :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I've finally caught up with this. Episode 6 was so stellar that this is becoming anime of the season for me. I like Sora's character in that he would start off a game of materialization shiritori with a hydrogen bomb. Episode 7 made me cry a bit every time Steph cried. That girl changes her mind about Blank multiple times in an episode. Episode 8's first half cracked me up, but the ending... stop playing with my feels.

derozio

Years
    ^ you finally recognize the greatness, sister-sama. Welcome to the good side. :D Yes, episode 6 was stellar. Now you understand why I got excited back then. XD; Although tbh episode 8 didn't have that much of an effect on me. Except a big "WTF?!", I didn't feel much. :p

Years
    TBH the game for Episode 6 is what got me to continue reading this series. The other games are fun, but not as engaging as that one.

The current game that's going on is quite interesting too.

Back