• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Game No Life

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Obviously the Earth Knight, Georgo Earth.

Because the Sun Knight is a benevolent, forgiving man who is pure of mind, doesn't lie, doesn't swear, does everything gracefully, and smiles all the time.

Spoiler:

Lol. There was sarcasm like crazy in my last post.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    No game no life does suck. We all just have bad taste. #laptrapTruths #goodtasteguy

And naah, not gonna read the LN. This is just Gintama all over again. I like the anime so much I refuse to touch the original source material.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    I really like the anime's worldbuilding and concept behind the Ten Pledges. :3 It reminds me of other game-centric animes, yet still being unique in the way that it's not limited to video games. Like chess, OMG chess! XD Also can't wait for the next episode omg, #8 had such a "WTF" cliffhanger.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Wow. This week went by so fast.

Tomorrow's the next episode!

derozio

Years
    WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ NETTO.

No, no, I'm not angry at you. I haven't really watched the episode yet tho. It just surprised me. XD; I need to go watch it asap!!!

edit; not out on Kissanime? /goes to look for torrents

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    And here we see someone who got fooled by Netto's post. xDD

It won't be out for another few hours btw

Years
    WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ NETTO.

No, no, I'm not angry at you. I haven't really watched the episode yet tho. It just surprised me. XD; I need to go watch it asap!!!

edit; not out on Kissanime? /goes to look for torrents

LOL it was a joke. Steph is just gradually gaining experience from the siblings to become the third most powerful person in Imanity.

derozio

Years
    Haha, I see, I see. That's definitely true.

But dayumm is the wait hard. :< I have tons of series to watch that are with me - Chihayafuru, Mine Fujiko, Mushishi, Baccano. But it is still not making the wait any easier. ;____;

derozio

Years
    I saw the episode. I'd have liked it if they actually explained the game or whatever. But I guess it was a nice way to win her over. And have her trust Sora completely. +2 to Sora's harem. One of them has a pretty damn hot bod too, to boot. Go Sora! lol

Years
    Wow this episode brought a tear to my eye. I like how we get a lot of backstory and Shiro focus on this episode. She definitely grows a lot more character wise.

This was even more powerful to see than read. But yeah definitely reinforces why I like this adaptation a lot.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh my goodness, that nearly sprung a leak. Especially when everything was black and white. It just shows how scared Shiro is at the time. D':

Also, the backstory got me better than the Light Novel. OMG.
    Although the suspense was won by the Light Novel

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    Omg this anime makes a game like Reversi so scary. This episode has to be one of my favourites so far. Also, the clues Sora dropped were really smart. "We're all part of one" aka two sides of the same coin, alluding to the white and black faces of the Othello stones. This episode did an omega good job.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Eyes got teary after this episode. It was nice learning more about how much Sora means to Shiro. I don't know what to say, except that was a genius move that Sora pulled.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I actually really liked this episode. Never would have expected Sora to have betted his existence and that the game was still going on, I thought he actually disappeared. Shiro was really cute in this episode, ngl.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I saw the episode. I'd have liked it if they actually explained the game or whatever. But I guess it was a nice way to win her over. And have her trust Sora completely. +2 to Sora's harem. One of them has a pretty damn hot bod too, to boot. Go Sora! lol

I think they didn't explain it for the same reason they didn't explain games like chess - the game is almost 150 years old by now, and winner of the world tournament has been Japanese 8 out of the last 10 years (27 out of all 38), so the Japanese in particular are probably very familiar with the game.

This episode seemed pretty hand-wavey to me. :( How did they get into the other world? Why did Shiro disappear in the other world but still exist in the original world? How did she hear him? Why does getting rid of someone's memories make them incapable of moving? IDK ANIME.

Back