• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noragami

Years
So, if any of you have been to my wall recently, you guys may know that I have started tuning into this very anime recently, out of curiosity after Lilith mentioned that the quote from her sig was from it in a Skype conversation of mine with her a while back. (tl;dr: She got me into this thing.) To describe it in one word: FEELS.

Spoiler:

No way will I have watched all five before tomorrow's season finale, but I do intend to watch the rest, definitely. Very well written stuff! EDIT: Also, I have not clicked on any spoilers in this thread yet, because I don't want anything ruined for me. (Kinda makes you think about why i'm even posting here then...)

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
So I just finished the last episode (the feelsss) and they'll be creating a second season hopefully right?
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Yay Crackle! Yeah, this thread turned into a spoiler landmine.. Watch where you step! D8;;;

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Land mines everywuuuuuuur D:

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
elheroeoscuro said:
First off is the anime available in English, like a US release of it? (probably not)
Nope. The first volume is coming to the US this Fall, likely September 2nd.

elheroeoscuro said:
Spoiler:

Yeah, you're onto something. I thought it was an interesting subplot and it's a shame it wasn't explored more. We saw both Nora / Rabo clearly using masks to control phantom dogs / scorpions throughout episode 10, so I speculate that Rabo got the mask from
Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Well, that was just ♥♥♥♥ing perfect. I loved, LOVED the way they ended it. I was hesitant to check out the last episode before but the Rabo plotline wasn't bad. At all. Plus, DAT BUDGET. I mean, whoa. The fight looked spectacular. Definitely not disappointed at all. This is a solid 8.5 anime for me as of now. Would've been a 9 if it covered the bishamon arc as well.

Also, a question -
Spoiler:

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
Years
Personally, this anime, as a whole, is ok. Would I watch it again? No. Would I recommend it to others? Probably. I like the art, animation, and the concept. The humor is one of the reasons why I say it's just "ok." For me, the humor seems forced, and that annoys me to the point when it turns me off. I'm not saying it shouldn't have some humor, but it just seems like it was just put in just for the sake of having it. I think it's because there is no transition from being serious, or even semi-serious, to having something funny. Like I said, there were a few instances where the humor worked, and I think that the humor in the show really works in the OVA. Also, the whole 3 or 4 episodes focusing on Yukine went on too long.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'd actually agree with that. I never laughed while watching this. The humor didn't work for me either. And yes, Yukine-deal did seem to drag on a tad more than it should've. Still, the characters, premise, great art and animation along with the soundtrack more than make up for those faults. It is an 8-8.5 for me. I might be biased though as I read the manga which is great and this adaptation actually managed to not ruin stuff! The filler working so well and not screwing up the end added to the score in my book.

Back