• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Notifications have been changed

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    "Autumn Reverie is the best"

:') <3

Btw these new features are amazing. It makes coming here feel fresh and new. Looking forward to when all the kinks are sorted out. Thank you!

Last edited:

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    It should say like number 1 on message notifications as well,it's pretty lazy of me to keep tapping the message to see the drop down if there's new pm and stuff.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Really?cause it doesn't show on my notifications for new messages o.O

Edit- might just be my net :)

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Do you mean the style of my PC? I'm using ashs big test

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    " Be strong Avishka, you're prefect as you are"
    <3
    much better than Welcome back, Avishka. :D

Awesome update! Amazing job! <3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    This is really a great renovation! The rotating welcome messages are really cute and adds some flavour to what was otherwise your traditional welcome. :D

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Notifications do not work. I get visitor messages on my profile, but no notification.
    "Superqami is working a better slogan"
    "Came here ROM Hacking,Superqami?"
    Fortunately I did, but, it's too hard xD)
    "Be strong, Superqami. You're perfect as you are" Oh god this makes me over confident

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Some of the welcome messages (by the username) seem too long. Notifications are grand though.

Or is my problem just a Color Flattered X problem?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Sorry if this has already been said, but when i get a pm, i get a notice under notification and not messages.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I really like this new notification system! Good job to whoever made it! :3
    But I'm using Forever Standing and there seem to some kinda bug with the drop down arrows though.
    Spoiler:

Or is that normal?

New bug. Now nothing's showing up :(
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I love the new stuff!
    I was having some troubles earlier on my android with all the changes but they have since been worked out it looks like.
    Keep up the good job and there won't even be a need for PC 2.0, XD.

• Hey everyone. I just finished redoing the notification system and added some cool new stuff.

It's been redesigned so that each individual notification is given some context, instead of just telling you "x number of new notifications."

Also:

• When someone quotes you in a thread, you'll be notified
    • When someone posts a comment on your blog entry, you'll be notified

There'll definitely be some bugs, so please use this thread to let me know what you think needs improving/if you find any issues. 8)
    BBcode and formatting should be stripped from the notifications now.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I love the new greetings. The only suggestion I'd make is to change them up maybe once a month or so, in order to keep things interesting! (Although I say that, there are a boatload of them. Well done, guys!)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I really like this new notification system! Good job to whoever made it! :3
    But I'm using Forever Standing and there seem to some kinda bug with the drop down arrows though.

Or is that normal?

New bug. Now nothing's showing up :(
    I thought I'd show a proper screenshot of this, which isn't oversized and of only part of the screen.

As well as the multiple arrows everywhere (only double arrows ones in the upper bar actually work), there's also a major amount of link repetition. The lower bar's "More" isn't exactly pleasant to use, either - it doesn't indicate what it does, it removes the drop-down arrow next to Search, and it adds a second "New Posts" link (making three in total).

I can only assume this layout is a work in progress. I'm not keen on it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Yikes.

Should be better now except for that weird border. Styles with super customized navbar like this are a pain in the butt to get consistent.
    That was quick. The Blogs drop-down menu is borked, though - you're missing some colspans or new rows or something.

I wasn't aware Forever Standing was one of the more heavily customised skins.

Will visitor messages be mentioned in the Messages drop-down as well? It'd be nice to see them summarised as well as PMs, rather than rely on reading through the notifications which contains all other kinds of things and is arranged by time rather than category. The same applies to all the other things that used to be in there.

EDIT: The More drop-down menu used to have some more options, including the "Mark all forums as read" which was what I used. I don't remember what else was in there, but I'm sure there were several other things.

Last edited:
    Back