• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I knew Log Horizon wouldn't be an all out action series after the first two episodes. It became more of an anime involving politics and economy. And I can't say I dislike it, haha. I mean, sure, fights are great. But I don't mind watching stuff that has more talking than action onscreen if it is interesting. And I found everything it has shown so far very interesting. Even looking forward to a season2 if it gets made.

But I seem to be in the minority here haha. And dont worry lapras, lappy's taste are different from anyone. His ratings generally never match much with anyone else. :p

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Actually I think It started picking up again but of course I stuck a load of things on hold when I started working full time again. I just found the kiddy group training stuff really dull.

derozio

Years
Well, that part was slightly dull. :p But I dont remember it going on for longer than 2-3 episodes.

Either way, Watamote, SamFlam, Durarara or Hellsing Ultimate?

derozio

Years
Okay lappy, trusting your judgement here. I also have count of monte christo as an option. Wonder if I should go for it too.

Oh and Drrr file didnt work. Not watching it now anyway.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I've been stalled about halfway through the The Count of Monte Cristo book for about 6 years now.

I think you'll enjoy it up until episode 6 and from then on you'll either love it or hate it. Is that type of show.

derozio

Years
Will see and find out.

Saw 1st ep of SamFlam. Its OP is done by SPYAIR so I was already sold on it then. SPYAIR has become one of my fave j bands after I heard Sakura Mitsutsuki and Genjou Destruction from Gintama.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I
?_? what?? Plenty of people read AND watch One Piece, Fairy Tail, Shingeki no Kyojin, Magi, Kuroko no Basket, etc etc since there are so many more, despite the anime following the manga almost exactly (besides filler arcs but nobody watches for those).
All of those are ongoing series that don't have ending => anime couldn't wrap it up => people read manga.
If Eotenas were to be finished in anime, most people wouldn't bother reading manga.

I've been stalled about halfway through the The Count of Monte Cristo book for about 6 years now.

I think you'll enjoy it up until episode 6 and from then on you'll either love it or hate it. Is that type of show.
I have seen it like 2 or 3 times and I don't think episode 6 was the deciding moment...

derozio

Years
I didnt watch any samflam today. Was watching the omnyoji arc in gintama. My god, I couldnt control my laughter and had breathing problems while watching episode 197 haha. Honestly, those that arent watching this anime are missing out on so muchh lol

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years

All of those are ongoing series that don't have ending => anime couldn't wrap it up => people read manga.

yes lol. thank you for seeing my point and repeating exactly what i said.

What are your guy's favorite series this season?? I started out watching a lot but I 'm not really liking it all now ;; I think my favorite from the fall season is Nagi no Asukara and I like Noragami a lot from the winter season. Give me stuff to watch :3

edit: Did Samurai Flamenco end up being a supernatural anime after all? I stopped watching at like episode 6 when it turns out there were aliens or something.

derozio

Years
Do you have a MAL? Would make it easier to suggest something based on the series you've liked in the past. And help out with redundant suggestions - we won't mention those you've seen, ya know.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
All of my favourites atm are rollovers from last season or sequels.

Nagi no Asukara
Gin no Saji
Hajime no Ippo
Samurai Flamenco
Seitokai Yakuindomo*

I suppose Hoozuki no Reitetsu or Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta might end up on the list but I'm only 3 or 4 episodes in so I'm not judging them yet.

derozio

Years
All those are on my watch list. Apart from Seitokai. I watched a bit of first episode of the first season but the comedy wasn't working for me so I stopped watching it and watched NGE instead. Maybe in the future...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It isn't hilarious but the characters are all pretty loveable so yeah.

Gonna try and start something new this evening. Not sure which one yet.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This season...? I won't count leftovers because I put them into the season they started.

So... probably Tonari no Seki-kun (for HanaKana), Sakura Trick, D-Frag, Mahou Sensou and Noragami will go to my this season's TOP5.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
This season...? I won't count leftovers because I put them into the season they started.

So... probably Tonari no Seki-kun (for HanaKana), Sakura Trick, D-Frag, Mahou Sensou and Noragami will go to my this season's TOP5.

You just love HanaKana talking to herself... don't you?

Years
D-Frag seems worth watching simply because of this GIF:

9IFydB7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back