• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I've seen 3 episodes of Nichijou and its a little meh to me. I did laugh 1 or 2 times in an episode, but I guess that Nichijou is a series that can't be marathoned, as a far as I am concerned. I am going to give it at least an episode a day now.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I don't have any means to watch anime on phone anymore as the site screwed up something. Will have to pay and watch anime on cafe now. Might not watch much.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I've seen 3 episodes of Nichijou and its a little meh to me. I did laugh 1 or 2 times in an episode, but I guess that Nichijou is a series that can't be marathoned, as a far as I am concerned. I am going to give it at least an episode a day now.
    Yea, it isn't supposed to be marathoned, it's supposed to follow your own daily life =)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • For the Kill la Kill, Code Geass, Symphogear and Valvraves of the world I enjoy watching weekly just as much, if not more than I would marathoning.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Next time I marathon an anime, it'll probably be Noragami. A lot of people here seem to like it, so thought I should get myself into it, too. :P

derozio

Years
  • Noragami the anime is enjoyable. But manga has some good content begging to be adapted. And it probably won't. :(

derozio

Years
  • Name 5. Short ones. Like, one cour. And action + comedy preferably. I wanna add more good ♥♥♥♥ to my list

edit: actually wait, scratch that. I'm watchin trigun and LoGH next. Don't need anything atm :p
    edit2: oh god, I rememered jojo! I need to complete that first before starting new stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Does it have to be action?

Watching Touch (great so far) I really feel like recommending Cross Game to just about anyone right now, but admittedly the slow pace and focus on scenery might not be for everyone.

edit: oh scratch that then lol

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Comedy
    Sexy Commando Gaiden
    Detroit Metal City
    Cromartie High School
    Sakigake!! Otokojuku
    Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu
    The Ping-Pong Club
    Action
    Katanagatari - Ok, this is mostly talking but the action scenes are rather cool
    Michiko to Hatchin
    Star Driver
    Ben-to
    Mobile Fighter G Gundam
    Sengoku Basara
    Initial D

derozio

Years
  • @spino - don't mind anything as long it is good ahaha. I'll add it to list. And I don't mind slow anime.

@lappy - Will check out them animuz. Thanks.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Tamayura: Hitotose
    FLCL
    Nichijou

Watch those next.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond! Just wanted to let you know I'll check those out once I've caught up on what I missed. :)

And I sent you a friend request, altarias/lapras! Accept it so I can easily access your profile using my friend list in the future lol

and I see you have K-On, a slice of life, as 10. You'll probably have no problems with the episodic nature of gintama whenever you start it then. Oh and dont worry, my To watch list is pretty big too haha.

Yay, accepted. :) Also lol yes I really did like K On <3 I'll probably just push through Gintama since everyone here has been saying it's good. I'll try it out along with the ones Lapras said. I'll have time soon especially since the season is ending soon!

derozio

Years
  • I doubt any show would give me the kind of insanely funny moments (laughed so hard my insides hurt and had problems breathing properly for ~40 minutes) that Gintama did. :p

@lapras/altarias - glad to hear! Although don't expect its first few episodes to be anything more than mediocre. They are, imo, the weakest episodes of the series. But they introduce characters so they're essential. ALSO SKIP EPISODE 1-2. THEY ARE FILLERS. And the worst episodes of the series. Made me drop the show. Start from 3. That's where it actually starts.

@netto - welcome, brah. Oh, and I saw SAO2 has the MCs both as girls. Does that mean no kazuto-asuna from now on? Either way, I'm expecting good things from it. Even though I found S1 underwhelming, this one strangely fills me up with hope.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I should join this leet thread just cuz. /hip central

Can't get into Nichijous. IDK I prefer Nichibro's more I guess. That show's comedy got me hooked faster.

Yep, I enjoyed Nichibros a lot and I got hooked to it at first sight!

Dero is right, Gintama will be boring for the first 5 to 20 episodes or so for an average person. However, there are cases where people fell in love with it at first sight, without knowing anything about it! Not sure how though.

For me, I was only hooked on to it past episode 10.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back