• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
2 late
YLeRzNT.png

I'm actually going to clear some of the backlog tonight. Should be fun.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Want to get Lilith into Gintama. Wondering if I should ask her to watch from ep 3 onwards or to show her benizakura/yoshiwara/rokkaku arc.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Silly. The main reason people enjoy Gintama is because they get used to the characters during those early episodes.

Also skipping is for casuals.

derozio

Years
I know, trust me. But I don't know if she'll even make it through those first few episodes. :x

Years
2 late
YLeRzNT.png

I'm actually going to clear some of the backlog tonight. Should be fun.

Fair enough. I'm curious to know just how fun of a ride it is. Might pick it up once I clear a thing or two from my list, or at least catch up to something currently airing.

Want to get Lilith into Gintama. Wondering if I should ask her to watch from ep 3 onwards or to show her benizakura/yoshiwara/rokkaku arc.

Make her read the fruit version.

derozio

Years
FLCL was random as heck lmao. Had an awesome OST, though. I liked it so yeah, go ahead with it I guess.

And I sent you a friend request, altarias/lapras! Accept it so I can easily access your profile using my friend list in the future lol

and I see you have K-On, a slice of life, as 10. You'll probably have no problems with the episodic nature of gintama whenever you start it then. Oh and dont worry, my To watch list is pretty big too haha.

Years
Just 100 on the PtW? Try 300. :P So few of which I'll actually get to in this lifetime, haha.

Tamayura: Hitotose
FLCL
Nichijou

Watch those next.

FLCL is one of those where YMMV depending on how much attention you were paying and stuff. Great soundtrack for sure, though, particularly if you like poppy rock. The Pillows are a fun group to listen to.

Nichijou is oodles of fun, though. And I haven't really seen much of it at all. What I have seen clips of was brilliant, however.

Never heard of that other one, so no comments on that.

derozio

Years
Same here, dondon. I've only seen a little of nichijou on yt and it was great.

Years
I don't know why I haven't actually just outright watched it yet. I've seen plenty of other lower quality shows of that type, and Nichijou is basically worthy of being considered a part of the "worth a watch no matter your preferred genre" group.

derozio

Years
I can't watch it unless I find the series uploaded in avi format in 240p somewhere.

Just came across threads of maoyu maoh yuusha, haibane renmei, chihayafuru and gintama enchousen (rewatch time yay. Courtesan arc holy balls) on a site. 240p avi. I'm happy for now.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Watching on a small mobile device? That is pretty horrifying. Wait until you have a laptop/pc which you can plug into your tv. Would be a waste to watch Nichijou like that, Haibane Renmei as well actually..

derozio

Years
It is not even a 3 inch screen. :x I want to wait BUT it'll take me at least two more months before I have PC access. I won't watch haibane renmei then though. Will watch chihayafuru, gintama and mmy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have no idea how good Nichijou is, but the way you guys are talking about it here, it sounds great. Sooner or later, I'll definitely give it a try. :p Could anyone give me some brief idea about what this is actually about?

derozio

Years
Nichijou is a slice of life comedy anime revolving around a bunch of school girls. What is different from other anime like it is that its comedy actually works and it has some highly exaggerated sequences. What I got from seeing clips on YT anyway.

Oh, and Nichijou means 'daily life' iirc.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Off the wall comedy series set in and around the lives of students and teachers in a school. ''My Ordinary Life'' is an ironic title so don't go into it expecting Aria or K-On.

Could probably call it the spiritual successor to Azumanga Daioh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back