• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    You both should interact more. Particularly where SAO is concerned. I'd have my popcorns ready if you guys do lmao.

So, you watching it or not, Lappy?

derozio

Years
    Lol kawahara. I had to google his name to find out he was the one responsible for SAO and AW.

Years
    Heh. Too bad I don't know how to write a story that would hook people.

It'll mostly be boring stuff about research and whatnot. Still I really should just change my perspective and see all the fun as it is...fun :P

Though really I'm not seeing as much drama over Accel World. Which is interesting.

derozio

Years
    Fandom has nothing to do with the quality of the anime itself, though.

Lonely Beater. This made me laugh for some reason.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Fandom can make or break how you perceive certain things in the anime, though, if you take in the opinions of said fandoms and use them as validations rather than suggestions.

derozio

Years
    I personally feel that's the wrong way to go about things. Judge a series for what it is yourself. Don't let what a, b or c says about it affect your opinion of the series unless they point out some details you overlooked.

Like, for example, NGE is called a masterpiece by its fandom and is considered a psychological anime with many 2deep4u elements and it has been overanalysed to death. I saw NGE, I read a few analysis for fun. But I enjoyed the series more for how it was so different than your average mecha anime and did possess a lot of things that deviated from the norm for its time (whiny protag, most cast having psychological prolems, the over the top nature of the EoE etc.).

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand all the things it tries to say and maybe the fandom are correct - but, for me, NGE was nothing more than a very fun ride. Fun because it was something truly unique and I enjoyed the battles. :p

Years
    Everything that's not 2deep4u should be dropped :P

JK, I just watch whatever falls into certain things in my head's checkbox.

For example I got into 1/2 Prince even though it's certainly childish and wachy for most people. IDK I guess I take into account peoples views way too much, but its just my personality to listen to people's criticisms and try to address it when I could. So while people say to ignore the internet, it's hard for me to do so.

derozio

Years
    Idk, maybe that aspect not as much but Eva overall was definitely something one of a kind which made it worthwhile for me.

Plus, my knowledge of mecha anime isn't very much lol. I haven't seen a lot of them but the ones that I did didn't possess a whiny protag.

@Netto - Well, listening to people is alright. Defending what you like is natural. But don't let them *get* to you is what I'm saying. They call your fave series ♥♥♥♥? Ask them why. If they provide solid criticism, counter. If not, chalk them up to be a troll and move on.

And looking at something with different perspectives can change things a bit for you. But it shouldn't, say, change a 10/10 anime to a 4/10 anime in your eyes lol.

derozio

Years
    A lot of shows I've rated 7-9 would've been rated low if not for the fun factor.

derozio

Years
    Now if only there were some songs about 'disarming', lmao. Would totally work with Nui in ep 22.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Thinking about it, if you love Kill la Kill so much why haven't you seen Symphogear?

>overpowered lesbians with suits that give them power
    >plots are all over the place but fun anyway
    >strawberry jam blood everywhere
    >it isn't rape if you're both girls

Symohogear main character is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Ryuuko though. She is pretty much a little girl version of those super robot pilots of old.

derozio

Years
    Maybe because I never heard of the anime? Haha.

I'll be much more into seasonal and/or more obscure titles once my college start. :p

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Best show.

NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back