• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'd be into it if it had more of this.

NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Now you know the pain, Netto. I see people tear apart OP episodes each week on NF. For the past year or so. Even when the episode in question was quite good.

They mostly talk about bad pacing and animation, though. Which is actually true lol. But still, OP is a series meant to be marathoned. Watching weekly makes it seem like a drag. And getting the same complaints each week even when the episode was good and you know the nature of the series is tiring.

Years
    I dunno, I've had this point of view since September 2012. Dunno whatcha talking about LOL.

And the big 3 has its own share of such drama. Though nowadays its a lot more subdued as the other 2 are winding down. So all the trolling moved on :P

derozio

Years
    Well, Bleach ended and Naruto is in its worst arc so yeah. :p

although I must say I prefer Gintama's 'take a break when nearing the manga' approach than OP's 1 chapter per episode and introducing in-cannon filler approach. Hell, even Naruto with tons of filler is good as in the end the canon episodes do not have bad pacing. OP sadly does. And it is so popular in japan that TOEI has been serving people with ♥♥♥♥ animation for a while and people eat it up like kaekii. TOEI makes money whether or not they put effort into OP so why bother doing anything is probably their mindset.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Most of the money Toei get from One Piece is from cinema tickets and other merchandising. Long running shounen series tend to get made for the sake of selling manga volumes more than blurays. I guess that is obvious with with some of the production values seen in a lot of them.

derozio

Years
    Yeah, shoddy production values is what we generally get. 2011 HxH is very impressive in that regard though I feel.

derozio

Years
    I like both. Old HxH was great. Had the dark atmosphere the series actually needed in its serious arcs. Newer HxH is all bright and shiny but it is still very very impressive when animation quality from a long running shounen on is considered based on consistency.

You still haven't seen HxH, lappy? Color me surprised.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I've seen the first 30 something eps of the first one. Didn't like it that much tbh but I will soldier on with it in the future.

derozio

Years
    How can someone like naruto yet dislike HxH is beyond me. But different people and all that shizz, yo.

And yeah, it is kinda long now lol. I stopped watching around 80 episodes in. Plan to marathon it sometime in the next few months though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I really like Leorio and Kurapika but the arc was so draggy and none of the opponents were interesting at all. By this amount of episodes Naruto was already winning me over with the based Zabuza arc.

Seems that replaced the fun that Yu Yu had with EDGE. Not a good trade off.

derozio

Years
    Its a lot of fun and definitely not something I'd call edgy. I personally rank HxH up there with OP and Gintama as my fave shounen. Too bad it probably won't finish cuz togashi.

And i dont really remember what arc was going on in ep 30. Been a long time. The newer HxH is more fast paced so maybe you'll be into the more interesting parts much faster if you watch it. Actually yeah, i remember yorknew arc being around there somewhere in the new hxh. An arc concentrating on kurapica and phantom troupe. And it was amazing.

Years
    What is ever edgy about shonen anyway, haha? I've yet to see anything really edgy from shonen. Even the flavors of the season and the ones regarded as all time hits are so very not edgy.

Granted, I've not seen Hunter x Hunter, but still.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    When I speak about anime being edgy I'm usually talking about the 14 year old that dresses head to toe in Hot Topic and loiters in public areas smoking kind of edgy. If the Uchiha clan became their own country I think their national anthem would be a My Chemical Romance song.

That being said there have been some shounen that push the envelope a bit further than you would expect. Things like the rape cult in Mirai Nikki and the Owl thing in Deadman Wonderland.

Years
    Meh, the "emo" stereotype isn't edgy to me.

Totally forgot about that weird crap in Deadman Wonderland, though. Wouldn't know a thing about Mirai Nikki since I never bothered to watch it since it looked too gory for me.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Are you telling me liking blood, death, knives, psycos', pointy objects, Green Day......and staying up all night isn't edgy? Dude.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back