• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Probably the most famous baseball series. Although it isn't a straight up sports series, it's much more focused on the relationships and lives of the main characters. I think even Cross Game placed higher importance on the actual sport.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Old but not ancient. Early to mid 80s for the manga but there were baseball series at least 15 years before that.

Thinking about it I was probably wrong anyway. If you were to ask a Japanese anime fan they would answer Star of the Giants or Touch but a Western one would undoubtedly say Major, Cross Game or perhaps Ookiku Furikabutte.

I know the opening song from Touch is extremely iconic in Japan, even with the normalfags. Was also used on the OST of Haruhi, no points for guessing which episode.

Years
    Old but not ancient. Early to mid 80s for the manga but there were baseball series at least 15 years before that.

Thinking about it I was probably wrong anyway. If you were to ask a Japanese anime fan they would answer Star of the Giants or Touch but a Western one would undoubtedly say Major, Cross Game or perhaps Ookiku Furikabutte.

I know the opening song from Touch is extremely iconic in Japan, even with the normalfags. Was also used on the OST of Haruhi, no points for guessing which episode.

Well then, I may just have to exert some energy into reading/watching it.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Just a general question since I saw some people talking about it over on 4chan. Does anyone watch anime in x2.0 speed or x1.5, I personally think that's crazy reading skills, but I also read that x1.3 is alright.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I normally watch it at regular speed, 'cause I like to savor the moment. I still sometimes pause at some points while watching anime. As much as English is my first language, it's still hard to read at an enormous pace.

Which brings the question on how most of my irl friends watches them normally at 1.5x speed. Then again, the subs they're watching is in our native language. :/

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    ...yeahhh, I'm gonna side with laptrap on this one. o/

NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

I made one of these things called a 3x3. Contains my top 9. So I'm posting it here. Hope y'all don't mind da spam-desuyo! lets see how many of you can recognize all of the ones

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Why wouldn't I watch anime at normal speed?

Also, Dero, I loooove that Gurren Lagann 3x3. <3 I don't recognize the horizontal middle row or the middle top but I recognize all the others. It isn't really an accomplishment though, because they're all pretty popular, ahah.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Middle-right stumped me for a bit but then I remembered, I should really get around to that one soon.

Only 4 parts of my 3x3 are definitive really, the rest can be interchanged with a selection of about 45 shows.

Candy

Years
    Anyways my favorites change every year so ain't got no tiem fo dat.

Ditto here.

Although I feel really bad that I barely recognize anything on both of dero's and laptrap's list. I really should start watching the classics. I just started to be really active in anime-watching last year when I encounter someone with about 700GB of Anime (I kid you not).

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I have more than 3x that unwatched on my laptop/hd. lol

You should be able to get at least 6 or 7 of Dero's after hanging around an anime forum for a little while. The Kaiji one might be a little hard to recognise because the art style of that image is rather different from the anime.

Also only one of mine is really uncommon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Just a general question since I saw some people talking about it over on 4chan. Does anyone watch anime in x2.0 speed or x1.5, I personally think that's crazy reading skills, but I also read that x1.3 is alright.
    Anything more than 1x is a cheating. I never watch anything on higher speed.

...yeahhh, I'm gonna side with laptrap on this one. o/

Gintama - GiTS - FMA
    ??? (apparently Kaiji if Lap said it?) - Nodame - Honey and Clover
    TTGL - One Piece - Bebop

Not gonna try Lap's because... just no :D Because I would get Gintama and that's all =D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Revolutionary Girl Utena - Kiki's Delivery Service - Galaxy Express 999

Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam - Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - Onii-sama e...

Gintama - Rose of Versailles - Nichijou

Like I've said before, all of them but Vifam are pretty popular and pepople should get the rest.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    From the names, I recognize Utena, Kiki, Galaxy Express, Vifam, Gintama, Rose of Versailles and Nichijou. Haven't heard of onii-sama e or that gundam one. :p

And yes, that's Kaiji guys. I liked this pic quite a bit so I used it instead of another whose art style closely matched the show's.

Either way, yes, my top 9 are all pretty damn popular shows. Not even one of them comes close to the stuff that laptrap has in his 3x3 when it comes to people not knowing about them.

Although I feel really bad that I barely recognize anything on both of dero's and laptrap's list. I just started to be really active in anime-watching last year when I encounter someone with about 700GB of Anime (I kid you not).
    The only reason I haven't got 2TB of anime right now with me is because I only have a 500GB HDD. And it only has 2GBs free right now. Because I like to keep some space free - you know, just in case. :p Also, my list too? Dude, my list has some of the most popular and well-known stuff there are haha.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I would be willing to bet that more people have watched Kiki's Delivery Service than Gintama, Nodame, Stand Alone Complex and Kaiji. Maybe even some of the others because of how popular Ghibli films are even with those that don't regularly watch anime.

Years
    I only download certain anime. My external HD is all the way back in Amuricah and is one of the old plug in External HDD's and not SSD.

So I stream lawlz.

Too much animuz on my plate, will have to be motivated to watch those.

Candy

Years
    700GB of anime is still a lot though. I'm actually glad I met her, otherwise I probably have to stick with Indonesian subs that I'm not exceptionally good at. ;w;

Y'know, aside from the obvious one at the bottom left of laptrap's list, I've only heard of Kiki's Delivery Service and Nichijou. Maybe I've heard of the others somewhere, but I'm not so sure...

also, I suck at recognizing things

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Question again, where do you guys buy anime figures. I'm looking at getting some One Piece stuff and maybe some Attack on Titan figures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back