• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Objection! ~ The Ace Attorney Fan Club

Years
  • Alrighty, how's about a new topic?
    Something people don't think about often...

What's your favorite victim character?

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way, but I choose Mia Fey! She was such a great lawyer, mentor, and big sister. Though I can never forgive that buffoon Redd White for killing her, it's like Mia never left anyway because she continues to support Phoenix and Maya in the original trilogy through Maya/Pearl channeling her. Love love Mia Fey.
    latest

Reactions: Bay
    Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Who's your favorite victim character?
    i have to agree with Mia of course. i think she's everyone's favourite victim. i love how whenever i look up Turnabout Sisters Ballad, there's at least a couple of comments saying 'Damn you, Redd White' or something of the sort (。 >艸<) it's like everyone who ever touched the Ace Attorney games is united in hate for him, haha.

one victim character that i wish we would've seen more of was Elise Deauxnim! aka.. you know who. i don't know, i loved her character so much. and you can totally see where Mia got her way of smiling. also the other victim characters that were 'close' to our main cast, like Zak Gramarye, Metis Cykes and Clay Terran i would've liked to see more of maybe c:
    latest

Years
    • Age 34
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I think the main problem with victim characters is just, they are there, then they die and then the case happens. Not a lot of them that actually have some character development, sadly.

What's your favorite victim character?
    Outside of the usual Mia mentions, I'd say Gregory Edgeworth. There's actually not much about him in the main trilogy outside of the whole "he's a defense attorney and he brought some of von Karma's evil doings to surface", but he plays a big role in Investigations 2, which I really liked.

Bay

Years
  • What's your favorite victim character?

As R.F. said, a lot of the victim characters you don't get to know much so it's kinda hard to say. I do love Mia and Elise and really glad both have some development and backstory concerning them. Metis Cykes is also up there too as she cared about the Blackquills and Athena a lot and her research is very interesting.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    oh man, i love ace attorney. hi, may i join? :>

Username: cream
    Favorite Character: dahlia hawthorne, but if two people can't have the same character, then i'll go with iris (no hood pls)
    What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: ace attorney, justice for all, trials and tribulations, apollo justice, dual destinies, investigations, and professor layton vs phoenix wright if that counts!

Years
  • oh man, i love ace attorney. hi, may i join? :>

Username: cream
    Favorite Character: dahlia hawthorne, but if two people can't have the same character, then i'll go with iris (no hood pls)
    What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: ace attorney, justice for all, trials and tribulations, apollo justice, dual destinies, investigations, and professor layton vs phoenix wright if that counts!
    Ah, welcome to the club, Cream! Of course you can have Dahlia. (Notice how there are two Edgeworths on the Member List.)

Hmm... seems the previous topic about victims didn't garner much conversation... So new topic time!
    Though we have discussed criminal characters somewhat in previous topics, I would like to know...
    What is your favorite culprit?
    In every case, there's a killer... and unlike the victims, there are many interesting criminal characters. >:)
    Bonus Question: Favorite "Breakdown" Animation?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Ooh, this I can answer. I thought Dahlia was a great villain - she was just pure evil. So terrifying and beautiful at the same time. And of course, because she's such an integral part of the story and was related in some way or another to a lot of the main cast, that made her more intriguing and memorable.

Spoiler: Also
    I really like the twists where the prosecutor is actually the killer, too. Von Karma, Kristoph, Godot, those were all really good.

Lot of great breakdowns, but I still absolutely love the very first breakdown of the series - the one where Frank Sahwit throws his toupee in Phoenix's face.

Phoenix_Toupee_to_Face.gif
    Sahwit_Toupee_Attack.gif

Years
    • Age 34
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    My favorite culprits:
    Spoiler:

as for breakdown, I'd say
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i'm going to put my answers under spoiler tags just in case...

What is your favorite culprit?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • What is your favorite culprit?

Man, many of the culprits are great. A few are my absolute favorites, though:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh, I also thought this might be interesting to some. There's now four new Ace Attorney themes for Japanese 3DS. I do hope the themes will come to the states as I would totally get the Dual Destinies court records one (and why I changed my signature slightly :P ).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, I also thought this might be interesting to some. There's now four new Ace Attorney themes for Japanese 3DS. I do hope the themes will come to the states as I would totally get the Dual Destinies court records one (and why I changed my signature slightly :P ).
    Omg I was just thinking lately "Dang, I sure wish there were some Ace Attorney 3DS themes." I hope we get these, too! In addition to the court records one, I would also buy the cute pixel theme. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    Oh, I also thought this might be interesting to some. There's now four new Ace Attorney themes for Japanese 3DS. I do hope the themes will come to the states as I would totally get the Dual Destinies court records one (and why I changed my signature slightly :P ).
    oh my god!!! :pink_disbelief: these look amazing! i've been wishing for some ace attorney themes...definitely buying one if we ever get them over here. i'm very interested in the main characters theme (objection 2001 whoooop!) and the pixel art one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i'm excited! i really like the fluidity of the characters' movements. i'm especially loving the part where ryuunosuke smacks his own face at 3:31. :pink_giggle:

Bay

Years
  • As I already mentioned in the Nintendo Direct thread, pretty excited! :D Great Japan at least has a release date now, so more promotional stuff should come soon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    HYPE! c:
    aah, i'm relieved! it actually looks great, even with loli Watson (。 >艸<) i actually like all characters so far, so that's good!
    i'm really interested how the Jury system will work though - will you need to convince all judges of you client's innocence, or is a single one enough to at least 'keep the trial going' as they said? of course the final goal will be to get everyone on the innocent side, but for intermediate goals still... c: interesting!

Years
  • Omg I love the games so much! And is this how I join? I'm still new ;3
    Username:: Scarletphantomxx
    Favourite character: Zacharias Barnham (I also love Maya but for variety's sake!;))
    What games I have played so far: The first three games. The professor Layton Phoenix wright cross over and the two miles edge worth spin offs

Years
  • Omg I love the games so much! And is this how I join? I'm still new ;3
    Username:: Scarletphantomxx
    Favourite character: Zacharias Barnham (I also love Maya but for variety's sake!;))
    What games I have played so far: The first three games. The professor Layton Phoenix wright cross over and the two miles edge worth spin offs
    Welcome to the club! Also welcome to Pokecommunity in general. :)

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Sorry I'm late for the club. I never saw it until today. I was too busy over what I was doing to the Objection! thread.

Username: TheFattestSnorlax

Favorite Character: Manfred Von Karma (I love how evil he looks. And the white hair.)

What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?:
    Every one, except for Apollo Justice and the crossover with Professor Layton.

-How did you first get into the Ace Attorney series?
    I saw a website that lets you create your own Objection with many of the characters. I wanted to know more about the series so I looked it up on youtube one day. The stories are incredible.

-What are some of your favorite funny moments in the series?
    Frank Sahwit going crazy, and the cat being heard in Shelly de Killer's call, revealing his location.

-What is your favorite Ace Attorney song?
    Phoenix Wright's main theme.

-Which case do you think is the best in the series?
    Bridge To The Turnabout. Oh my god Dahlia Hawthorne!

-What's your most surprising moment you encountered while playing the games?
    When I got the bad ending of Farewell, My Turnabout in JFA. I thought immediately after what evidence I picked that I'm getting a bad ending.

-Is there anything you'd change about the game or story?
    I wish it would be a bit clear where the setting of the series is. Other than that, that's about it.

-What's your favorite victim character?
    Mia Fey in Turnabout Sisters. Why did that beautiful woman have to die?

Back