• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I like all three evos of the starters, but we can't really tell till we see the finals. I really like Froakie's evo. I think it is the best for me, right now. If Chesepin turns into a knight the I will be freakin happy.

I really love the new Mewtwo form. And again it comes with X version, which is the version I am getting. I also love Mega Garchomp.

Another thing I am happy to get is the Ice/Rock Fossil. I am not a big fan of the Dragon/Rock at the moment. I think it should of been dark just looking at the color of it.

I actually like the design of the Psy cat. It doesn't look like a cat and it very unique to me.

Btw, that stick will probably turn into a staff in Fennekin's last form

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I like all three evos of the starters, but we can't really tell till we see the finals. I really like Froakie's evo. I think it is the best for me, right now. If Chesepin turns into a knight the I will be freakin happy.

I really love the new Mewtwo form. And again it comes with X version, which is the version I am getting. I also love Mega Garchomp.

Another thing I am happy to get is the Ice/Rock Fossil. I am not a big fan of the Dragon/Rock at the moment. I think it should of been dark just looking at the color of it.

I actually like the design of the Psy cat. It doesn't look like a cat and it very unique to me.

Btw, that stick will probably turn into a staff in Fennekin's last form

I imagine chespin as porcupine with spiky armor. Fennekin's to be a witch fox, and Fennekin to be a frog ninja.
    Based off their looks I'm assuming Chespin will indeed be defensive, Fennekin to be special attack, and Froakie to be fast and a mix attacker.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Good fanart can help change an opinion on a Pokemon. =p

That stick? I could see it becoming a staff when it evolves again, which'd be fitting for a witch-like Pokemon. (So I guess it being creepy is also intentional). I agree with the quadruped deal, but oh well - as long as it's still going in a different direction to FIRE-FIGHTING again. I have a feeling it may get a Psychic typing on its final evolution too.

I'll also note that often the last stage can really sway one's opinion of a line. Look no further than last gen's starters. 'Snivy is so cool smugleaf haha', oshawott is dumb'. Then Snivy lost all limbs, Tepig joined the fire department and Oshawott got a very cool 2nd stage and a neat final stage form too.

So the stick grows out of its tail, and then it's going to carry the stick around? Eugfughufghufghufg it sounds like poop. I'm very confused by this design right now. And it had better be Fire/Psychic.... >:[

Considering the rumors that have come true I'm confident of them all being dual type like the sinnoh starters were.

I really hope so.

Years
    So the stick grows out of its tail, and then it's going to carry the stick around? Eugfughufghufghufg it sounds like poop. I'm very confused by this design right now. And it had better be Fire/Psychic.... >:[

I really hope so.
    I'm assuming Fennekin's evolution will use the stick in it's hand and simply uses the tail to keep the stick when it isn't using it (as it has no place to put it).

Years
    Yup, the Froakie race is still the master race.

Yeah I knew Froakie was going to get more fans after this reveal, but it seems like Chespin might be losing some fans unless the final stage turns out great. I like how they're making Froakie's line more distinctive from the past frogs, which were usually bulky-looking.

Fennekin's evo might probably use that stick as a wand or something, definitely raising hopes the final stage is Fire/Psychic. Chespin's one could be still bulky in the final stage or maybe get loads of spikes. I'm hoping it gets like a Grass/Rock evolution or even pure-Grass, I don't want Grass/Dark now that it's confirmed to have 7 weaknesses.

But still, yeah gotta love the justice they did to my beloved Froakie!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Fennekin's looks good, but what is up with that stick coming out of its tail?
    The stick poking out of the tail makes it look like a witches broom to me so i am hoping when it evolves it either sits on it like it is a witch or the tail detaches and it holds it

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am almost certain Fennikin will be Fire/Psy. It has learned about 3 or 4 Psy moves now. Psybeam, Psychic, and now Psycho Cut.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    One thing I am disappointed in is not getting any info on Oorotto again. I guess we will have to find out ourselves what it is.

Years
    One thing I am disappointed in is not getting any info on Oorotto again. I guess we will have to find out ourselves what it is.
    I'm surprised they haven't introduced it yet officially. They even introduced the briefly seen poodle from the Pokémon Direct already...
    Wonder if it may actually be an evolution of a past Pokémon...
    Or maybe the official site will have info on it not seen in corocoro. Hopefully MegaDragonite and MegaSalamence will appear there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    The fact that Fennekin learns yet another psychic type move basically confirms non fighting for me. Even though it is standing on its hind legs, it still looks mystical. Being Bipedal is good because it is much less similar to Ninetails now. Also, it's probably going to be a witch now which is awesome. My guess for the final evolution is fire/fairy.

Years
    Just saying that I really dislike the hate on Chespin's 2nd evo. Yes, I completely understand that it looks like a "grass-type pignite" or w/e you guys want to compare it to, but it's only a 2nd evolution, after all. In that sense, I echo bobandbill's statements. I feel that people are jumping way too early on the hate train of certain Pokemon before they even see the final evolutions.
    Sadly Chespin will likely end up being the least used by those buying the game upon release due to it's middle evolution as likely they won't reveal the final evolutions...unless there's a leak before the games come out that show them. Like on the 11th of October (next issue of corocoro could come out this day) which is before the official release.

Years
    Sadly Chespin will likely end up being the least used by those buying the game upon release due to it's middle evolution as likely they won't reveal the final evolutions...unless there's a leak before the games come out that show them. Like on the 11th of October (next issue of corocoro could come out this day) which is before the official release.

In my case its actually the opposite, now I have even more interest about what he will evolve to.
    He still have alot of potetial to evolve to something cool in my opinion

Years
    Honestly, I just find it really dumb. If they have released the 2nd starter evos to this point, im pretty much certain that they'll release the final evos sooner or later. It's just not cool to jump ship on Chespin because it gained a bit of weight. Seems kinda silly, and it still retains its cute appearance, so I guess you can say that I don't really see the big deal about it.
    Well they didn't reveal the final evolutions of Unova officially until after the release...so it's possible they will do the same. And this time we don't have a leaker who provides pictures...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    They finally designed a T-Rex Pokemon, and about time too. Rock/Dragon is awesome.
    But why is its counterpart...winking? Why would an Apatosaurus be WINKING? What the hell. And the cat Pokemon are terrible.

I spoiled myself for the starters. Sigh. Fortunately they aren't the final evolutions. But with this I can confirm Froakie is just one step closer to becoming a Globox.
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

EDIT: If the Apatosaurus evolved into a Argentinosaurus, then I can forgive the whole weird animal winking thing. Forget Wailord, how about largest dinosaur, which is actually bigger than a blue whale if I remember right?

Similarly, if not a T-Rex, the theropod Pokemon should turn into a Giganotosaurus!

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I am seriously loving both Fennekin's and Froakie's second evolutions. <333

Fennekin's looks really elegant, as everyone has stated. It also learns Psycho Cut! How awesome is that?! Even more evidence that its final evolution will turn out to be Fire/Psychic, which I'm really hoping it to be. Hoping that twig in its tail will come to some sort of use though, or else it would be a little weird.

Froakie's looks awesomely cool. Similar to AWsquared, my opinion on Froakie has changed a lot too because of this. It has that cool and calm demeanour and I am liking it a lot. Expecting a lot from it!

Chespin's, however......meh. I don't like it that much. It's too round. Looks like (quoting AWsquared again) it ate too much and fattened up. It still looks quite cute nonetheless. From the looks of it, it's going to end up quite a tanky Pokemon.

All in all, Team Fennekin and Team Froakie (seriously, I can't choose now!) FTW.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Chespin's evo...wow, just wow. Its eyes look derpy to me, even though it gets more chestnut armor that covers its torso and lower body.

I like Froakie's middle evo the best; it just looks so sleek, slender and more frog-like. That build leans towards speed, IMO.

I'm on the fence with Fennekin's middle evo. I have no idea why there's a twig stuck on its tail, but I'm guessing that it uses it as a weapon to focus its Psychic powers?

Also, it's about freakin' time we had a Pokemon actually based on the T-Rex. Since it has the Hard Jaw ability, I'm hoping it gets the elemental fangs. The diplodocus' ability is quite interesting, to say the least; it's an improved Normalize, IMO. Too bad Rock/Ice is a terrible defensive type; it's going to be MASSIVELY weak to Vacuum Wave, Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, which are pretty much all over the place.

Mega Garchomp has Sand Force? This. Changes. Everything. While Garchomp can use Rough Skin (and Sand Veil to a lesser extent) pretty well, Sand Force is a good ability on it, even though it won't be able to use Choice Scarf to boost its Speed.

I'm indifferent towards the other new Pokemon, though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I don't see why chespins evo is getting so much flak i kinda like it myself
    and i am pretty sure that it is meant to be similar to a metapod especially if it is inspired by chestnuts as they grow in a protective shell or whatever the technical term is.
    I'd be surprised if it doesn't either lose the green part or at least have the shell open up a bit

Back