• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The poodle is not a gimmick; it's a gimme right now!

Also, I doubt the Pyroar image is fake especially given the two angles of the screen shot, the clarity, similarity to GF style, among other factors. It seems like the image was taken from a gameplay trailer. I would expect one very soon!

EDIT: I lied, now there are three angles!

October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!
    It's not a bad thing. I like Castform for example, but I admit it's gimmicky...
    They should make a Mega Castform...and Mega Ditto!

swift13

taylur swift
    Years
    i didn't like litleo before but now i love it's evolution oh my god.

and there's like too many fire types to choose from.

fennekin, fletchling, charmander, litleo, and that free torchic..

not saying that too many is bad but its bc ALL OF THEM ARE SO GOOD.

Years
    Yeah Pyroar looks like an evolution of Litleo to me. Also after coming back at this thread after so many days i am very excited to learn what is released recently
    I am very disappointed to learn about the new starter evolution's type being single and all. Really liked to see Chespin's evo as Grass/Ground , Fennekin's evo as Fire/ Fairy while Froakie's evo looks fine.
    Also about those new fossil Pokemon... One being a Rock/ Dragon, Wow ! after so many years, finally a powerful dual type as well as Rock/ Ice dual type is also worth getting.
    Finally about Mega Garchomp... It looks like Cynthia could appear in the XY anime as well now.

Also I hate to see that Steel is now not resistant against Dark and Ghost. I wonder why they changed that....

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Pyroar looks pretty nice. If it is a Litleo evolution then I might consider adding it to my team if possible.

alienhunterx said:
    Also I hate to see that Steel is now not resistant against Dark and Ghost. I wonder why they changed that....

I guess it's due to balancing due to the Steel type's advantage towards Fairy types.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I think steel has taken a massive hit, considering that it was always primarily a defensive typing. Even with the 2x damage boost to fairy, most steel types only had an average attacking stat when compared to many other more offensive pokemon, and even then most still probably won't carry a steel move solely due to it's still horrible offensive capabilities...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Mewtwo gets ANOTHER MEGA? :DDD
    Wtf, writers, wtf? o.O
    Like... I get they will be game dependent but... I think this is too redundant...
    It feels like 6th generation will be totally overwhelmed by the fact that older Pokemon get MEGA evolutions...

Years
    Litleo's evolution is cool. Its neck is lost but ok lol Don't know if I use it because there are too many cool fire types, but it is a cool Pokemon.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Woah that Pyroar is nice! Looks to me more like a Circus Lion than an actual Wild Lion, what do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    and why haven't we seen any mega unova pokemon like i really want a mega krookodile.
    Mega Haxorus, increasing attack and speed please. Mother of God that thing would wreck shop, until a few cute little fairies came along.......

Years
    a new picture of the starter's evos is up with their abilities Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.
    Spoiler:
    (from serebii)

Feels like Fennekin's evo is going to use the stick to perform moves. It's too cool.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I really hope Chespin's evo is Grass/Ground, and that it doesn't look silly like it's 1st stage. Well, Torterra came good after Grotle being iffy I guess. However, Frokie's evo is awesome. Really looking forward to seeing it's 2nd stage.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    a new picture of the starter's evos is up with their abilities Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.
    Spoiler:
    (from serebii)

Feels like Fennekin's evo is going to use the stick to perform moves. It's too cool.

That's pretty cool how Teeruna uses the stick like a wand, if this pokemon doesn't end up Fire/Psychic ill be surprise.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
    I notice that some people are saying that they dislike mega evolutions because they are going to be overwhelming now that there are so many of them. but remember, you first need to find the right mega stone for the right pokemon, which will probably be extremely hard.
    So if you catch a Gible you are not guaranteed to have a mega garchomp.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    The only thing I don't like about Mega-Evolution is that it's basically a way of GF not giving some of the old pokemons evolution. With Pokemons like Absol, Mawile & Kangaskhan getting one, the hopes of them getting a future evo is slim.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    The only thing I don't like about Mega-Evolution is that it's basically a way of GF not giving some of the old pokemons evolution. With Pokemons like Absol, Mawile & Kangaskhan getting one, the hopes of them getting a future evo is slim.

This has been my primary concern regarding Mega Evolutions. I feel that GF is going crazy with the Mega, giving it to anything regardless of other factors but disregarding regular evolutions. What does the future hold for the unevolved lines with Mega Evolutions? While I'm not completely against Megas I would have preferred that they were kept to fully evolved lines and Legendary Pokemon who will never evolve.

This could have been a way for them to change stuff about fully evolved and Legendary Pokemon with breaking the 3 form rule for normal Pokemon and non-evolution of Legendary. I see absolutely no reason to Mega Evolve a Pokemon that hasn't evolved. If you want to give it a different typing, Ability, stats etc why not give it a regular evolution?

There is only one Pokemon I can think of that doesn't have an evolutionary line and might need a Mega Evolution. That Pokemon is Ditto. Ditto would benefit greatly from an HP boost. As Ditto copies the opponents stats when it transforms it only needs an HP boost as Ditto's HP always stays the same. It's Mega Evolution could have Impostor (Ditto's Hidden Ability) as it's Mega Ability to cause the automatic transform after Mega Evolution. If a Ditto already has Impostor it could be forced into regular form in order to Mega Transform.

Back