• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Off-Topic's Marathon in a Month Challenge! [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • Daily total: 6 miles
    Week 1 total: 28.1 miles
    October total so far: 28.1/100 miles
    Spoiler:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Phone's died so I couldn't track my distance today, but I ran my usual route, so i'll just add 4.5 miles to my total.

Daily total: 4.5 miles
    Weekly total so far: 4.5 miles
    October total so far: 32.6 miles

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Slightly curtailed run today, will do a more substantial one tomorrow with my day off

Daily total: 4.1 miles
    Weekly total so far: 13.1 miles
    October total so far: 41.2/100 miles

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm up to 30.34 with Pokemon Go and wearing my Fit Bit again. I blame work and having to run all over the store several times a day. xD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • So.. dilemma. Just used calcmaps.com to try and calculate how far I ran today, and this was the result:
    Spoiler:

But each time i've ran the exact same route, Google Fit has said it was around 4.5 miles. I wouldn't mind if it was a case of just a half mile or so either way, but 4.5 and 8.2 are very different totals lol. Not really sure on which to trust here, but for what it's worth, the distance between my starting point and the furthest point is around 2.7 miles as the crow flies (and obviously that's just in one direction, not there and back).

What do you think, guys? Should I keep my total as is and just start adding 8 miles to it each time i've ran, or add up the totals of each of my previous runs using this new total? It's annoying as i'm 12 days into this, although I guess it could've been worse, and I could have realised once the month was almost over haha

Years
  • So.. dilemma. Just used calcmaps.com to try and calculate how far I ran today, and this was the result:
    Spoiler:

But each time i've ran the exact same route, Google Fit has said it was around 4.5 miles. I wouldn't mind if it was a case of just a half mile or so either way, but 4.5 and 8.2 are very different totals lol. Not really sure on which to trust here, but for what it's worth, the distance between my starting point and the furthest point is around 2.7 miles as the crow flies (and obviously that's just in one direction, not there and back).

What do you think, guys? Should I keep my total as is and just start adding 8 miles to it each time i've ran, or add up the totals of each of my previous runs using this new total? It's annoying as i'm 12 days into this, although I guess it could've been worse, and I could have realised once the month was almost over haha

like I said on discord, I def think you should try a diff app or something. That's such a huge discrepancy!

I updated the first post! I had a pretty good week last week, despite missing two days due to storms and my ride yesterday being cut short due to a flat tire @_@

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • k, so I definitely think it's closer to 4.5 and not 8 lol, so that's what i'll be going with from now on! :D

Daily total: 4 miles
    October total so far: 49.8/100 miles

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Did some sprints tonight, and didn't die in the process! I'd call that progress :P

Also pretty pleased to have hit the 50 miles mark at the halfway stage, decent going.

Daily total: 4.9 miles
    October total: 54.7/100 miles

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • No sprints tonight, but I did take a little detour (and then get a little bit lost on the way around, ha), so i've pretty comfortably hit 5 miles tonight. Add those to the distance I walked to the shops and back this afternoon, and it's been a very productive day!

Daily total: 5 miles
    October total (so far): 59.7/100 miles

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm still doing a combo of my Fit Bit and Pokémon Go so I'm think my numbers are overlapping but I've got 36.88 for this week. I just know I'm doing a hell of a lot more running around dye to not having very many people at work and we get crazy busy. This past week I've been getting over 10k in steps each day during the week which is something I don't normally get unless its a busy weekend.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Forgot to update yesterday, but did a slightly curtailed run due to having to take an alternate route because of roadworks, but I was back on it today. A solid 8.5 miles over the two days.

Daily total: 4.5 miles
    October total so far: 68.2/100 miles

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Alrighty I got more fun running around with Pokemon Go and my Fit Bit with 34.1 miles. So ready to break my legs off with all the running around I do at work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back