• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Coro Coro Scans thread - July

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    HIGH QUALITY SCANS AND TRANSLATIONS (thanks to Yaminokame) ARE HERE IN THE SPOILER (from here: www.file.de):
    Spoiler:

Scans as whole pages found here: https://d.hatena.ne.jp/heartdrops/searchdiary?word=%2a%5b%a5%b3%a5%ed%a5%b3%a5%ed%5d

Previous first scan:

https://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20090710_corocoro01_klein.jpg
    https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org222009.jpg

Eusine is back, yo.

Other info - there are 9 minigames in HG/SS, one which is a racing game, used via the stylus. The Arceus - Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event have the Pokemon come with the moves Metal Burst/Hydro Pump/Shadow Sneak respectively. The Red Gyarados appears at level 30, and Lugia/Ho-oh in SS/HG respectively at level 45 (currently unknown what level the other appears at).

A summery of what the 6 pages are to hold (one page unknown, we only have one page thus far - anything not here currently in doubt):
    Spoiler:

Strong Rumours - Lati@s are in (roaming?) at level 30, Mewtwo is also reportedly in HG/SS (level unknown), Battle Frontier is in.

IMPORTANT: Some of this info may be disproven though - there are 'conflicting reports', so rely on the actual scans only for now, or what gets updated as 'confirmed' info.

Yay Eusine

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Awesome art of the trio there :D
    It's interesting that they're putting Eusine in, despite him being Crystal-only, and leaving the female character from Crystal out... At least it means they haven't completely forgotten about the game :P Maybe she will make a cameo somewhere?

Level 30 Mewtwo/Latias/Latios? Or is Mewtwo at a higher level? It's weird that they're adding in low-leveled legendaries... Do you think the new moves will see play on Dialga/Palkia/Giratina? Hydro Pump is a viable option, mainly in doubles. Metal Burst is a bit unreliable, but it might be pretty interesting to use against the Pokémon which can't OHKO Dialga (i.e. most of them). And Shadow Sneak doesn't seem all that useful on Giratina, as it doesn't learn Swords Dance or any Attack-boosting moves... It could work against Deoxys Attack Forme, though, and maybe to finish off some weakened Pokémon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Something is wrong with the picture but it may just be my computer. Same info revealed on pokebeach. This is all good news.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    nice nice so Eusine is back, does that mean suicune is going to be battled in Tin Tower like crystal?, naaa, dont really think so because tin tower will be crowded, as in gold you can catch Ho-oh about the same time u can catch suicune in crystal, but yeah, the reappearance of this dude does put a big question mark there. and again, nintendo is including more legends from previous generations in these games, i love it, i really do, but why is nintendo moving away from depending on previous pokemon games to complete the pokedex, hope its not a compatibility thing, since DSi doesnt take GBA catridges, but does that mean it cant comunicate with other machines?, well i really dont think so, but lets just hope not...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If you zoom in on the pic you can see part of Lugias sprite. Also, it feels like legendary overkill, but thats okay with me.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I think Mewtwo Will be on the mountain in a new area in Johto like in the movie Mewtwo Returns. If anyone has seen it they will know what i mean. I think it would be a really cool nostalgic feel. If anyone hasn't seen this movie, the mountain is basically the larrgest one in Johto in which Mewtwo and all the clone pokemon fled to after the first movie.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Is it more is eusine more awesome then before. Also this means the crystal plot will be in like I expected. I really want more stuff.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Eusine! :'D I don't remember if I liked him or not in Crystal yaaay! :> I want to see the fullbody art of him now, though~ Dx

I like the little preview of the legendary dogs ingame at the bottom :> I always imagined Entei as being towards the front, not Suicune, though... -w-; Raikou looks very poofy.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I think Mewtwo Will be on the mountain in a new area in Johto like in the movie Mewtwo Returns. If anyone has seen it they will know what i mean. I think it would be a really cool nostalgic feel. If anyone hasn't seen this movie, the mountain is basically the larrgest one in Johto in which Mewtwo and all the clone pokemon fled to after the first movie.
    Personally I'm unsure about this - it may be a new area, sure, but I doubt they'd follow the movie (as the games are different from it and all - also why you won't see the Orange Islands in HG/SS BUT that's another story). Considering they had Cerulean Cave having 'caved in' in GSC though... shall be interesting to see if it's back. (That, and the Berserk Gene).

Some interestiung info there, if it turns out to be true. I'm please, but not too surprised by the Crystal subplot getting in again (two screenshots earlier hinted it could come back after all).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Personally I'm unsure about this - it may be a new area, sure, but I doubt they'd follow the movie (as the games are different from it and all - also why you won't see the Orange Islands in HG/SS BUT that's another story). Considering they had Cerulean Cave having 'caved in' in GSC though... shall be interesting to see if it's back. (That, and the Berserk Gene).

Some interestiung info there, if it turns out to be true. I'm please, but not too surprised by the Crystal subplot getting in again (two screenshots earlier hinted it could come back after all).
    I am assuming you mean the inclusion of two exits for the ruins in the ruins of alph and the suicune ledge correct?

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
    Years
    This is awesome
    Can't wait for more
    I think Mewtwo will be in the Cerulean Cave...and My 3 Pet dogs look cute :P
    3 Dog's OW also looks awesome!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Also it should be noted the level of Lugia/Ho-oh in their respective games went from 40 to 45 meaning the second one should be around 75. Which would mean that the gyms have been levelled up quite a bit.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Serebii has reported that Lugia/Ho oh will have "hidden abilities". Wonder exactly what that means. Pressure never really worked for me anyway.

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hidden abilties. Forme change? Nah we would know..hmm...
    That is exactly what I thought when I first read it but I was afraid to say so. I really hope so.

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
    I need to ask something before this comes out! Is anyone gonna play/buy the japanese versions of these games before the english, cause i heard it might not come out until fall 2010 for the US...

Back